First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Gladitsch

Highland, NY

#21 Nov 6, 2011
The name Coletto rings a bell,In the late 50s and mid 60s I met a man and his family who were visiting Charley and Millie and Mrs Hughes the mans name I beleave was Frank Coletto.He told me a story how he sent money home during WW2 to start a trucking business,are you his daughter.?Also around the same time frame I met another family and that man worked for Seagrams on Park ave.They were also Millies side of the family.My Mom&Dad took my 2 brothers and me on vacation up state n.y.by steam locomotor to Shohola Pa.in 1947.When we arrived at the station a man came to pick us up and my mom &dad introduced him as uncle Charley.He took us to a place on Highland lake at that time called Green Acres where we met Charleys elderly mother.My dad and charley were good friends so I guess out of respect they said this is uncle Charley.We vacationed there for many years untill I started working there in my earley teens and realized that Charley was not my uncle,but out of respect I allways called him uncle.Green Meadows as it later was called became a second home for me.That's why ill always have fond memories of Highland lake.I hope this clears up things.
Kevin

Trenton, NJ

#22 Nov 10, 2011
Bob,
I have provided this link to Anna and Charley's daughter who should be contacting you through this forum.
Bob Gladitsch

Highland, NY

#23 Nov 18, 2011
Kevin wrote:
Bob,
I have provided this link to Anna and Charley's daughter who should be contacting you through this forum.
Kevin,thank you for putting me in contact with Diane.
Bob Gladitsch

Highland, NY

#24 Nov 18, 2011
Lili Coletto wrote:
I spent some vacation time at green meadows in the 50's and 60's. green meadows belonged to my aunt Anna(Millie) and Uncle Charley. Aunt Anna is my mothers sister. How are you related to uncle charlie?
Lili Coletto,were my recolleotions about the families right that I met that year at Green Meadows.
Barbara Sweda

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Oct 2, 2012
I met a kid named Kevin (Jackson) up at Bertrams. Also a Cindy and Sandy Baitinger. Anyone know of them?
Lynn Brooks

Middletown, NY

#26 Jun 27, 2013
I was Paul Bertram's significant other for nearly 10 years. He and his sister have now passed away as well as his wonderful parents. They are survived by their children.
The positive in this is that the new owners have put in extensive work to make repairs to the property. The building now houses 4 apartments redone from the original building. It was hard to see the front trees go down but most were dead or close to it.
The Bertram's would be glad to hear how much the lodge was loved.
Barbara is laid to rest in the Eldred Cemetery above the high school. She is laid to rest in the last row with a black stone with her picture on it.
I can't think of any of the lodges tat are still open on the lake.
Sincerely
Lynn B
A Friend

Floral Park, NY

#27 Jul 7, 2013
Lynn Brooks wrote:
I was Paul Bertram's significant other for nearly 10 years. He and his sister have now passed away as well as his wonderful parents. They are survived by their children.
The positive in this is that the new owners have put in extensive work to make repairs to the property. The building now houses 4 apartments redone from the original building. It was hard to see the front trees go down but most were dead or close to it.
Barbara is laid to rest in the Eldred Cemetery above the high school. She is laid to rest in the last row with a black stone with her picture on it.
Sincerely
Lynn B
Thank You so much.
A friend

Floral Park, NY

#28 Oct 2, 2015
Lynn Brooks wrote:
Sincerely
Lynn B
Hello again, today I had the chance to visit Barbara's grave site, I must say the marmoreal is beautifully set high above the road and Her image is exactly as I remember Her, once again thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cantwell's (Jan '09) Feb '17 Veronika 61
Yankees hide in CT still trying to steal PA fro... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Shane STRASSBERG ... 1
worked for my uncle charlie pankow at green me... (Jun '09) Jun '16 Bob Gladitsch 21
green meadows (Jul '12) Jun '15 Bob G 9
adoption searching for information Kevin Michae... (Nov '13) Jun '15 Mccmahoney 2
Motels near Barryville, ny (Oct '13) Oct '13 Joy 1
swingers in Barryville (Sep '13) Sep '13 CALIGULA 1

Barryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barryville Mortgages