Point Hope seeks to handle punishment...

Point Hope seeks to handle punishment for caribou waste

There are 3 comments on the Alaska.com story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Point Hope seeks to handle punishment for caribou waste. In it, Alaska.com reports that:

Point Hope village leaders are asking the governor if they can take into their own hands any punishment doled out in the aftermath of dozens of caribou being killed and wasted near the community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alaska.com.

Sludge

United States

#1 Aug 9, 2008
Whatever happened to the policy of refusing to comment on an 'ongoing investigation'?
Or does that only apply when Big Brother's being investigated?
This story was zipped around the globe with inflated statistics and inflammatory quotes before the "Slaughter of AT LEAST 120 caribous" turned out to be nine questionable kills in a legal hunt.
Mark Twain warned:
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
GETACLUE

Olympia, WA

#2 Sep 3, 2008
Get a sourced newspaper Sludge. I know Lewiston has em buddy. Stop reading your small town gunhappy propaganda. Oh, and stop shooting things from your pickup. That be illegal too.
Hunter

Southerly North Slope Bo, AK

#3 Oct 18, 2008
I am from point hope and it was a slaughter of around 80 caribou. We do love our guns and we love to hunt however someone misused there hunting rights in a very bad way.It's really just that simple gentlemen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvest full moon rises tonight - with a subtle... Sep 16 Clark 1
News Proposals may double gasoline tax to aid budget... (Feb '16) Jun '16 jewsuck 5
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr '16 Musikologist 25
Letter game (May '12) Dec '15 AlphaBits 2
Walking In Barrow (Apr '09) Dec '15 Vladimir Pootin 4
News Snow visits the Rockies and Alaska to kickoff S... (Sep '14) Nov '15 Fart news 3
News Arctic winter sea ice 6th lowest on record (Mar '13) Nov '15 Sneaky Pete 2

Barrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrow Mortgages