Barrington considering ban on plastic...

Barrington considering ban on plastic grocery bags; measure would be first in R.I.

There are 1 comment on the The Providence Journal story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Barrington considering ban on plastic grocery bags; measure would be first in R.I.. In it, The Providence Journal reports that:

That question may soon be a thing of the past in Barrington, where the town conservation commission has already voted to ban the use of plastic grocery bags at retail stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Providence Journal.

United States

#1 Jul 4, 2012
if everyone uses reuseable shopping bags that would be great ... but if resorting back to paper what's the point ?? there is no lesser evil betwwen filling up landfill with plastic or destroying more trees ... But then ypu probably thinging the trees aren't grom ur backyard!!! And the landfill maybe....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
avadora sousa aka avadora dragovich is HIV POSI... 18 hr smithy 2
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Nov 25 South County 687
Spineless Mayor Nov 25 car007 1
News Read the Gospel of Judas online, backstory; 100... (Apr '06) Nov 22 Khethukuthula 11
News 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined... Nov 18 Jane Said 1
News Dominican flag incident at Roger Williams Middl... (Mar '09) Nov 16 poop 21
Commute to south Providence from Barrington RI (Nov '13) Jul '15 TrB 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrington Mortgages