Check this out on MySpace
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Brian

Kennett, MO

#187 Oct 28, 2008
I pray you find gain from these words from Colossians that have been put before me today. The study Bible I use also references Genesis 1:26.

Colossians 3:9-10 NIV
Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Genesis 1:26 NIV
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
____

Thank you Jesus for the victory we can all find in you.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#188 Nov 6, 2008
The events of this week, have led me to share Romans chapter 13. Please enjoy the entire chapter and I pray that all can gain from the words of God, recorded by Paul.

Praise God in all circumstances and let the light of Jesus Christ shine! Amen

Romans 13 NIV
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#189 Nov 7, 2008
God's powerful hand was involved in this week's election. Whether you agree with the choice or not, the world will be watching how you react. Let the world see your light shine!

Let Jesus Christ be praised! Amen.

Titus 3:1-8 NIV
Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
________

I pray that all enjoy a blessed and safe weekend.
Tai Mai Shu

Hightstown, NJ

#190 Nov 8, 2008
Isn't there a holy site you all could use? This site is for news, not religion.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#191 Nov 9, 2008
Please enjoy the grace and peace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#192 Nov 17, 2008
Seek God and the Kingdom of Heaven before and above all else in your life. Jesus tells us in Matthew that God clothes the grasses of the field and feeds the birds of the air. You are worth much more than these. He will take care of your needs in times of trouble if you continually seek Him.

Matthew 6:25-34 NIV
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying,'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Tai Mai Shu

Chatsworth, NJ

#193 Nov 17, 2008
Brian

Kennett, MO

#194 Nov 18, 2008
A short while later in the same sermon Jesus gave us more advice on seeking the Kingdom. If you seek God, you will find Him. Jesus also gives us The Golden Rule - Do to others what you would have them do to you. Wow! How much of the world's ills would vanish if we all lived every moment by this rule?

Matthew 7:7-12 NIV
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#195 Nov 20, 2008
Do we choose Jesus ahead of the worries of this world? Jesus has conquered this world. He asks us to come to Him.
Thank you Jesus! Let's make the right choice.

Luke 10:38-42 NIV
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Brian

Kennett, MO

#196 Nov 25, 2008
Hebrews 13:8 NIV
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

AMEN! When your life has received a big change and you don't know what is coming next. TURN TO JESUS !!! The passage says it as plainly as possible. He will not change. He will always be there for you.

Praise God this Thanksgiving Day. Praise and thank him everyday!

Father we thank you for every blessing in our lives. We thank you most for giving us our Savior Jesus and come to you in His name. We ask that you keep all travelers safe and bring healing to those in poor health. We thank you for our children and grandchildren. We ask that you break the evil spirits in our lives and heal our land. We love you, trust you and give you all the praise. Amen!
Brian

Kennett, MO

#197 Nov 26, 2008
Thank you God for being the Rock of our salvation.

Is there a song of thanksgiving in your heart? Let it out and praise the Lord with music and song.

Psalm 95:1-7 NIV
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.
_____

I pray you all have a Thanksgiving Day filled with the love and peace of Christ Jesus.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#198 Dec 3, 2008
The Lord blesses his people with peace and gives them strength. His power has no limit. He can carry you through any trouble.

Thank you Jesus for your strength and saving grace. Amen!

Psalm 29 NIV
Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty ones, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon. He makes Lebanon skip like a calf, Sirion like a young wild ox. The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning. The voice of the Lord shakes the desert; the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh. The voice of the Lord twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#199 Dec 12, 2008
I have found that when an infant comes into your life, there seems to be a lot of distractions from the reality you knew. I have definitely found also that if you open the Bible, it won't take long to find something that puts a blessing on your heart.
It is fun to read the word of God to an infant. It is almost indescribable the feeling when your grandchild falls asleep while you sing Christmas hymns.

Nothing silences the enemy like sharing praise of God with a child.

Psalm 8 NIV
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Brian

Kennett, MO

#200 Dec 19, 2008
Isn't it time to seek and serve Jesus? The following passages have been crowding my mind for the past several hours, days and weeks. Let me share them and pray that the word of God blesses you as we enter this winter weekend.

Joshua 24:15 NIV
But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.

2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Isaiah 40:11 NIV
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Brian

Kennett, MO

#201 Dec 23, 2008
Revelation 19:13 NIV
He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Bible gives Jesus many names, but to me the most amazing name is the Word of God! God told Isaiah that his word would achieve its purpose. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus accomplished his purpose. He lived a perfect life as both God and man. He died on a cross and rose again as our King of kings and Lord of lords.

What an awesome Christmas story! Trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and enjoy a Merry Christmas!

Isaiah 55:8-11 NIV
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

John 1:1-5 & 14 NIV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jessica Cecilia Ratcliffe & Peter Anthony Polij... (Oct '09) Apr '16 Animale 2
Save the Historic Hugg House Apr '16 Noname 2
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Mar '16 Nebraska 5
Review: Clements Lawn Mowing (Aug '11) Feb '16 Tony D 14
Does anyone need help with anything? Feb '16 Soline 1
FBI needs to investigate Barrington, NJ (Jun '07) Jan '16 BarrResident 60
News Lawsuit alleges racial discrimination at Rowan (Dec '10) Dec '15 Ex student 8

Barrington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrington Mortgages