Mayor Frank Filipek: Bellmawr USPS do...

Mayor Frank Filipek: Bellmawr USPS doesn't support the borough tax-wise.

Posted in the Barrington Forum

stephen verme

Bellmawr, NJ

#1 Sep 16, 2011
The mayor says he "doesn't care either way" about the USPS plant in town possibly being closed and it's employees being moved to Phila., Pa., because they (we) "don't pay taxes" to the township. Off the top of my head, I can name 18 borough residents who work at the plant. I am one of them! My property taxes exceed $5G and I am sure most of or all of the others are at least that much. I have NO kids. Businesses around town are going to are going to suffer if we are shut down. Mr. Filipek, WE are not going to "care either way" when you are looking for a job after the next mayoral elections. MARK MY WORDS!
brian

Collingswood, NJ

#2 Sep 16, 2011
It seems the mayor of Bellmawr is being rather honest.How refreshing to hear that from a politician!
We only want the federal goverment around if we can tax them!Brilliant! Lets tax the state police barracks too! While we are at it lets tax all the churches too! Who else can we tax?
What he fails to realize is that alot of those employees he wants to send over the bridge live in his town and vote too! They also spend alot of money in his town,so do all the customers.Not to mention all the companies in the industrial park that rely on the post office might want to relocate also if the post office leaves.Thanks Mayor Frank Filipek for your honesty! It's nice to see what matters to you!
Murray

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Mar 19, 2013
It's about time we run Filipek out of town. This has to be a grounded campaign where we do not sit and wait for the town fathers to decide who runs. I would bet that if we organized, we could run candidate against Filipek and win. Not care about jobs in Bellmar...what a great stance. Filipek is not who we want representing Bellmawr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 reasons a move to save former MLK home in Cam... Sep 8 Bonnie 3
Save the Historic Hugg House Aug '16 Bonnie 3
News Jessica Cecilia Ratcliffe & Peter Anthony Polij... (Oct '09) Apr '16 Animale 2
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Mar '16 Nebraska 5
Review: Clements Lawn Mowing (Aug '11) Feb '16 Tony D 14
Does anyone need help with anything? (Feb '16) Feb '16 Soline 1
FBI needs to investigate Barrington, NJ (Jun '07) Jan '16 BarrResident 60

Barrington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrington Mortgages