N.H. Senate OKs Civil Unions Bill

N.H. Senate OKs Civil Unions Bill

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 27, 2007, titled N.H. Senate OKs Civil Unions Bill. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Lawmaker: Measure Brings Gays, Lesbians `Close To Full Equality' April 27, 2007 By MICHAEL REGAN , Courant Staff Writer For Christopher Rodrigue, Thursday brought a promise for a future that is just beginning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Heather

North Versailles, PA

#1 Apr 27, 2007
BRAVO-one more state showing that it won't be discriminatory.
Early Childhood Adv

Salem, CT

#2 Apr 27, 2007
Are these the same people who were in CT not to long ago and are going for changing the Marriage Laws...I for see a baseball game and the pitcher on the mound is none other than? Who is on that list we would like to have it compared with those visting our state.
Marco

Elk Grove, CA

#5 Apr 27, 2007
Congratulations New Hampshire for settling this issue like mature adults. Civil unions close a very real (and discriminatory) gap in our legal structure while avoiding all that silly emotional hoo-hah that the marriage debate seems to arouse. Way to go!
Paul

New Britain, CT

#6 Apr 28, 2007
I am pleased New Hampshire has joined the effort to eliminate discriminatory language against same sexed couples. However, one state at a time will take forever and some states will never agree. For any state or the federal government, including Defense (don't ask, don't tell), to take the position that discrimination and unfair labor practices are OK against one group, and not OK against other groups, is nonsensical. One would think that in the 21st century, time has come to stop discriminating period ... against any group, regardless of our personal views.
Early Childhood Adv

Beacon Falls, CT

#7 Apr 29, 2007
Paul wrote:
I am pleased New Hampshire has joined the effort to eliminate discriminatory language against same sexed couples. However, one state at a time will take forever and some states will never agree. For any state or the federal government, including Defense (don't ask, don't tell), to take the position that discrimination and unfair labor practices are OK against one group, and not OK against other groups, is nonsensical. One would think that in the 21st century, time has come to stop discriminating period ... against any group, regardless of our personal views.
What are you all doing moving from state to state?
Moon Dog

Auburn Hills, MI

#8 Apr 29, 2007
Early Childhood-how many towns do you live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boycott the usps Jul 24 JOHNNY LENNON 1
News Man charged in strangling, assault of girlfriend Jul 20 Anonymous 1
beatles for sale: the tribute, to perform conce... Jun '16 New England Music... 2
News Lifestar to take over ambulance duties in six t... (Sep '10) Jun '16 DeathStar EMS 13
Cara Irish Pub (Jan '15) May '16 germaine shepherd 3
News NH Senior Notes: Exeter police start program fo... May '16 Carol Gilbert 1
News Cruz ready to lead '2nd Reagan revolution' Feb '16 spud 282

Barrington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrington Mortgages