Teen Who Zapped Nipples During Shop C...

Teen Who Zapped Nipples During Shop Class Sues

There are 29 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Teen Who Zapped Nipples During Shop Class Sues. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in shop class that his heart stopped beating is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
crazzy

Birdsboro, PA

#1 Aug 31, 2010
ok..lets attach an electrical clamp to each of our nipples..and then plug in the cord..COOL DUDE! HUHHUHHUH!

whata dumbass...and then sue the teacher..almost seems right.

“Here for fun”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 31, 2010
The kid must have been goofing off, kids will be kids. This is a very sad story both for the kid and the teacher.

I bet in the future these electrical clamps will be put on a tight leash, like in lock-up so the kids can't get to them without supervision. I don't think any more schools want to deal with lawsuits, and neither do the taxpers.
What are you thinking

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
I know a number of people that went to school for Education and could not find teaching jobs. Strange thing is, all of them are normal. Do you need to be crazy to get hired?

“Here for fun”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 31, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
The kid must have been goofing off, kids will be kids. This is a very sad story both for the kid and the teacher.
I bet in the future these electrical clamps will be put on a tight leash, like in lock-up so the kids can't get to them without supervision. I don't think any more schools want to deal with lawsuits, and neither do the taxpers.
Just so nooone thinks I'm blaming the teacher, I def. am not. I'm just saying kids WILL be kids and good off, thinking an act like this is funny. These electrical clamps need to be put in lock-up with very close supervision, because some kids will do a crazy act like this thinking it's funny. That's all I mean.
Harly

Janesville, WI

#5 Sep 1, 2010
"Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage." It would appear that the brain damage was a preexisting condition. By the time you are in high school you should know better than to play with electricity like that. I did. Parents are supposed to teach you things like "Don't stick anything in an electrical outlet." If anything he should be suing his parents for gross negligence.
Reds

Clinton, NY

#6 Sep 1, 2010
Perfect candidate,for future politian
crazzy

Birdsboro, PA

#7 Sep 1, 2010
I don't think it's a lack of supervision..I think it's a lack of good ol common sense..i agree with harly. This HIGHSCHOOL student should have enough brain power to at least figure out NOT to play with electrictial items..you might get shocked! How shocking!! You can (and should) only have to watch your children so close. You can't be with them EVERY single min of the day. At some point in time, they should be held accountable for their own actions.

This would be a completely different story if it was an elem. student..or if he got zapped just touching them (without the clamping and plugging in part). Would the parents sue if he was in chem. class and decided to drink a bottle of acid..just for giggles?
Jim

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Sep 1, 2010
Passing current through the chest area may stop the sino-atrial node, which is the heart's electrical timing metronome. Bad idea. The school where I teach electronics removed all their electrical "cheater cords" years ago to avoid students getting shocked.
celtiocone

United States

#9 Sep 1, 2010
the kid is a moron!!! He got what he deserved, his lack of common sense and stupidity is not the fault of his teacher or the school district.

if he was goofing off on a real jobsite he would be fired for breaking safety rules!!!
His parents should not be suing, they should be thankful he didin't kill himself or someone else!!
I am sure he was paying attention and following the safety rules when he and his buddies decided to attach clamps to his nipples and plug it in, what did they think was going to happen?!!!!

Stupidity does not equal court settelement it equals lesson learned the hard way!!!!!

“Here for fun”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 1, 2010
I don't know how the law works, but this is the kids fault. It's a very sad event but I don't know if the parents would have grounds to sue.

The poster (( crazzy )) brings up a good point that caught my attention by stating: " would the parents sue if he was in chemistry class and decided to drink a bottle of acid just for giggles ?"
Pandora6558

United States

#11 Sep 3, 2010
"Safety First" The first thing taught by that teacher, before they were even allowed access to the electrical clamps which were being plugged into LIVE outlets....should have been about the safety issues regarding using such devices. For that teacher to assume, that everyone knew about the dangers associated with the up-coming experiment, was foolish, to say the least! The teacher deserved to lose his job, and the lawsuit. Too many teachers want in, just to get out, and we have too many "burned-out" tenured teachers hanging around.
crazzy

Boyertown, PA

#12 Sep 3, 2010
Pandora6558 wrote:
"Safety First" The first thing taught by that teacher, before they were even allowed access to the electrical clamps which were being plugged into LIVE outlets....should have been about the safety issues regarding using such devices. For that teacher to assume, that everyone knew about the dangers associated with the up-coming experiment, was foolish, to say the least! The teacher deserved to lose his job, and the lawsuit. Too many teachers want in, just to get out, and we have too many "burned-out" tenured teachers hanging around.
You can teach and preach safety 1st till your blue in the face..don't think for 1 min that it will prevent a dumb teenager from showing off his 'coolness'. Btw..how do YOU know that there was not a lesson taught on how to properly use this equipment??

Drivers ed classes are all about 'Saftey 1st'..how many teen drivers are killed or killing someone else each year?
silver knight

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2010
This boy needed some common sense to begin with. He suffered permanent brain damage? He didn't have much to loose. Thi is just plain stupidity!
SoCal Phil

San Diego, CA

#14 Sep 4, 2010
Suffered brain damage? He must have been brain DEAD to pull a stupid stunt like that. I'll bet some low life personal injury lawyer is behind "this lack of merit" suit.
Dennis

Haines City, FL

#15 Sep 4, 2010
seems like the kid was an idiot.
William

High Springs, FL

#16 Sep 4, 2010
Whose mom was it that said "stupid is as stupid does"? This is proof positive of her statement aanndddd the stupid is as stupid does courts will more than likely entertain this crap as a bonafide court matter further stifling the system, while adding to the "other crap" before the courts, it is no wonder the 'wonderful ones' have such full dockets.
William

High Springs, FL

#17 Sep 4, 2010
Why didn't the jerk off clip the electrodes to his finger tips or each ear rather than his 'tits', just seeking attention (which it seems he DID receive). The teacher did NOTHING wrong as far as the story goes but someone allowed 'pandora' out of her box and she is readily blaming everyone other than 'stupid', which is where the blame actually belongs!
KJones

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Sep 4, 2010
Is this a joke? I would contend the kid is mentally challenged to begin with making this a pre existing condition. If anyone should be sued it is his parents for bringing this idiot into the world. What did he think was going to happen when you hook your self up to an electrical cord and plug it in.Maybe the school should counter sue the parents for wasting their time and electricity.
pyro

United States

#19 Sep 4, 2010
If the kid is that dumb he got what he should have. The school should sue him for using there time for him to screw around.
Hotrod

Presto, PA

#20 Sep 4, 2010
Why would you blame the teacher. If he had ever listenen to anyone about electricity this dumb stunt whould never have happened. Parents..Teach your children at home first. Good teachers are being blamed for incidents that are childish behavior and irresponsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders snags key endorsement in New Hampshire Jul 26 goonsquad 9
UNH Rules and UMaine drools Jul 1 Amanda 2
News Cruz: Lift all contribution limits on campaign ... Mar '15 swedenforever 92
Long Gas lines (Nov '12) Apr '14 Barrington 2
News Negligent homicide charges brought in Barringto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John Clarke 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Barrington, NH (Jan '12) Oct '12 Nick 7
News Local authors describe their latest works (Jun '12) Jun '12 jamito 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barrington Mortgages