DEARBORN HEIGHTS POLICE Failed to do their Job.

Posted in the Baroda Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Jim Groh

Dearborn Heights, MI

#1 Jun 25, 2007
Our son died James Williams on June 13th 2007 and the Police Department in Dearborn Heights didn't even come to our home to tell us we found out 6 and a half hours later from a person that our son knows the Dearborn Heights Police Department isn't very reliable the officer taking the report didn't even come to our home my son's address is listed with the state to our address on his license. DBN HGTS POLICE DEPARTMENT doesn't know PROTOCOL some of the police officers that work there are GREAT but others don't know how to do their Job how would you feel as parents if your son died and they didn't even notify you we dont have much faith in them, I had to call the detective to get him to call me back they are terrible I even wrote the Chief Gust, Mayor Paletko, CPL Parrinello and none of them wrote me back I wonder why???? The officer on the phone told me your son was 20 as though to say that they didn't need to tell the parents. I am looking for Major Community Feedback Please Reply.
Kat

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Jun 30, 2007
I'm sorry for your loss. Your son was only 20 - hold those 20 year memories tight. I don't know how your son died and it doesn't matter - you should have been notified by the Dearborn Heights Police Department. I know they are busy but whomever was in charge at the scened should have came to your home and told you about your son dying, or should have delegated that DUTY to someone else. I don't know DH's policy on this but if it is to NOT notify the parents or next of kin of a death of a 20 year old - it should definately be changed. Again, you have my sympathy.
Jim Groh

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3 Jul 2, 2007
Kat, thanks for your note My wife and I will hold the memories tight day to day and we walk down this path of Hell, Thank you for your comment,

Jim
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt

Detroit, MI

#4 Jul 20, 2007
First of all, before you start making unwarrented statements about the Dearborn Heights police Department you should maybe think that they did follow their department procedure. It's terrible that your son was taken from your family at such a young age and I'm sorry for your loss but the statements you made about the Dearborn Heights Police Department and the Officers who proudly serve within the Department are false. I personally know each of the Officers you decided to single out and feel compelled to tell you that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You are not a Dearborn Heights Police Officer and therefore cannot say if they did or did not follow their department protocol. Each of our Officers are very respected and highly decorated and therefore know how to do their job and know how to do it well. You said that you don't have faith in the department or it's officers, but I bet you'll change your mind when they show up to save your life or when you call for help and they respond within minutes of you call.
What you've done, is judged the entire department on one misunderstanding - on what you saw and did not like. Did it ever occur to you the the Corporal you singled out had nothing to do with the investigation and therefore had no reason to respond? or Maybe he never received your letter? Have you ever heard of a phone? You could have very easily dialed his number and spoke to him! Before you sit down and decide to badmouth someone you should think twice about what you're saying and/or writing. The entire Dearborn Heights Community is very thankful for the services that we receive for the men and women who serve with the Dearborn Heights Police Department. Any you sir, you stand alone when you say that you do not have any faith in them. And for the record, the Corporal you named, was once named Officer of the year and was recently recognized for his service to the city and his dedication to the job. You see, the information you have is FALSE and the statements you made were warrentless.
These Officers show up to work everyday to do their job and they know that their going to be disrespected by ignorant people, such as yourself, but they still show up not knowing what will happen to them or if that will be the last call for service they will respond to. They accepted to do a job that holds the respect of millions throughout the world, but one that not many would accept to do. They are VERY respected and you will never tarnish their reputation.
Jim Groh wrote:
Our son died James Williams on June 13th 2007 and the Police Department in Dearborn Heights didn't even come to our home to tell us we found out 6 and a half hours later from a person that our son knows the Dearborn Heights Police Department isn't very reliable the officer taking the report didn't even come to our home my son's address is listed with the state to our address on his license. DBN HGTS POLICE DEPARTMENT doesn't know PROTOCOL some of the police officers that work there are GREAT but others don't know how to do their Job how would you feel as parents if your son died and they didn't even notify you we dont have much faith in them, I had to call the detective to get him to call me back they are terrible I even wrote the Chief Gust, Mayor Paletko, CPL Parrinello and none of them wrote me back I wonder why???? The officer on the phone told me your son was 20 as though to say that they didn't need to tell the parents. I am looking for Major Community Feedback Please Reply.
Renee Vincent

Mentor, OH

#5 Jul 26, 2007
The other night - police were roaming our neighborhood on foot with dogs. They said there was a criminal at large. I called the station and they didn't know much but said to call records in the morning. When I did - to find out what was going on in my own neighborhood - I was told I had to come down and fill out a form - AND PAY A FEE for the inormation. Maybe they should stick to their collection quotas and keep giving out tickets for anything they can.
Renee Vincent

Mentor, OH

#6 Jul 26, 2007
Sorry - my name says I'm from Redford. All this happened in Dearborn Heights. Where I live.
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt

Novi, MI

#7 Jul 26, 2007
If you call records for a police report you do have to go down to the station and fill out a simple form and pay a SMALL FEE to get a copy of the report - Come on people lets use common sense here, nothing is free!- Oh, by the way they don't give out tickets for anything they can they only give them to the dumb ass people who don't know how to drive. They also make special accomidations for those individuals who break the law. Lets go back to what you said - "they should stick to their collection quotas and keep fiving out tickets for anything they can" - First, they don't have "collection quotas" and you sound retarted saying that. Second, if you get in a car accident and the responding officer decides NOT to ticket the person who hit your car, how pissed off are you going to be? Third, it's not the dispatcher's job to relay the information about an ACTIVE investigation to a civilian who could possibly be involved in the incident. How was that dispatcher to know that you were not the person they were looking for? I mean you could have been full of shit when you called the station just like you were full of shit when you posted that statement. And Finally, they are NOT collection agents but simply people who risk their lives to protect unthankful people - such as yourself - bet you weren't having these feeling last May when One of our finest Officers was killed in the line of duty, or if you ever need their assisance and they come to your aid....
Kilroy F Jones

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2007
I notice some interesting omissions in your posting..Why don't you please inform everyone how your son died and who the Dearborn Heights Police Department did notify?
bill

Northville, MI

#9 Jul 30, 2007
there all a bunch chumps sucking on the clock
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt

Novi, MI

#10 Jul 30, 2007
Hey bill--You're a jackass for thinking that. They run to the problems while the real chumps run from them---those chumps you speak of those are guys like you! Whats your deal anyways, did you flunk out of the academy or get denied for employment their??????
tim

Sydney, Australia

#11 Aug 4, 2007
i am sorry to hera th
Julia Drn Hts

AOL

#12 Aug 5, 2007
I am thinking Amy either works for the department, is married to an officer, is dating an officer, or is just a groupie. I know several officers in the department myself and they will give tickets for anything. They get overtime for writing tickets. I have the utmost respect for the officers that I do know, but there are some that are lacking in required people skills. Not all the people getting pulled over are dumb asses. I was in a car that was pulled over and the driver was told that it looked like he didn't stop at a stop sign that was a block away. When in fact we pulled out of a driveway after the sign and hadn't even come to a stop sign yet. There are officers out wanting to give tickets and there are the officers that do their job well and I appreciate them. And for the officers that I know, they have been there for years and are stand up guys. I can't speak for the newer officers.
joe

Livonia, MI

#13 Aug 6, 2007
Who sounds retarted? Get a dictionary, correct spelling RETARDED. You sound very immature. There was no need to go into an attack mode against this poor father. In all departments you will find good cops and bad cops. The real problem is trying to find the bad cops and weed them out
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt wrote:
If you call records for a police report you do have to go down to the station and fill out a simple form and pay a SMALL FEE to get a copy of the report - Come on people lets use common sense here, nothing is free!- Oh, by the way they don't give out tickets for anything they can they only give them to the dumb ass people who don't know how to drive. They also make special accomidations for those individuals who break the law. Lets go back to what you said - "they should stick to their collection quotas and keep fiving out tickets for anything they can" - First, they don't have "collection quotas" and you sound retarted saying that. Second, if you get in a car accident and the responding officer decides NOT to ticket the person who hit your car, how pissed off are you going to be? Third, it's not the dispatcher's job to relay the information about an ACTIVE investigation to a civilian who could possibly be involved in the incident. How was that dispatcher to know that you were not the person they were looking for? I mean you could have been full of shit when you called the station just like you were full of shit when you posted that statement. And Finally, they are NOT collection agents but simply people who risk their lives to protect unthankful people - such as yourself - bet you weren't having these feeling last May when One of our finest Officers was killed in the line of duty, or if you ever need their assisance and they come to your aid....
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt

United States

#14 Aug 6, 2007
Julia - all your assumptions about me were wrong! I too have had bad experiences with some of the officers in this department but I would never call them out like that. If you have an issue with someone deal with it like adults not on the net. Second, I know the officer he called out and he is a good police officer. They have officers who respond to calls for service and then they have officers who work traffic and they have officers who work SE (overtime).

Joe- Sometimed when you're typing fast you make mistakes, I'm sure this has happened to you before. And there was no reason for this father to go into attack mode on the police department. First, he did not say what the reasons were behind his sons death. How do we know that his son did not pull a gun on someone and get the raw end of the deal? maybe his son was a drug dealer and shorted someone so he was killed. Their's so much that was left out of his posting.
Kilroy F Jones

Belleville, MI

#15 Aug 6, 2007
This whole discussion about bad cops and good cops is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read! FYI, the Dearborn Heights Police Department DID follow policy in this incident! They notified the next of kin, which in this case was the Wife!!!! Everyone with an ounce of compassion feels sorry for the parents who lost a son, but they seem to be taking their grief out on the police. The DHPD responded to a death, investigated the death, and notified the next of kin (his wife!!!!!!). I didn't know the police had to spend valuable resources tracking down the parents, grandparents, siblings, etc... And, by the way, before the "aggrieved" parents want to start pointing fingers at the police for failing to notify them of their son's death why don't they look at themselves in the mirror and see what failings they had as parents which may have led to there son's death!(Once again, I noticed they fail to mention HOW he died)...
Joe

Livonia, MI

#16 Aug 7, 2007
Thanks Amy
It would be interesting to hear the whole story.

Kilroy - I never stated that DHPD did not follow policy. Without knowing the entire situation surrounding his death I cannot point fingers at the parents or DHPD.

Jim, I offer my condolences please explain further how your son passed. Was he married? If he was then DHPD followed proper protocol in notifying next of kin.
cmb

Dearborn, MI

#17 Aug 13, 2007
Jim Groh wrote:
Im sorry for your lose and I do agree that there is a serious problem with our police department and also there is no help for our children or especially our teenagers. The police department just dont care to help us with our kids or do they care to let us know whats happening with our kids, and it is sad you didnt even get notified.
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt

Farmington, MI

#18 Aug 14, 2007
I don't think there is a "seriour problem with our police department" but I do think that their is a very serious problem with kids having kids. Do you honestly believe that it is the responsibility of the DHPD to monitor all the kids in the city on top of their POLICE WORK? That is nearly impossible. First their is not enough man power. Second, there are not enough resources. Third, There sure as hell is not enough money to compensate these officers for all the overtime that will be put into the so called 'police daycare' that you want. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that this man lost his son, but why is everyone point the finger at the DHPD? Did they kill him - NO; Did they make him enter into a situation that they knew was going to end his life - NO. What we need to know, before anyone startes pointing fingers at the next person, are the circumstance that surround this mad's death.
Also, when someone decides to have a child it becomes that persons responsibility to raise that child. Not the responsibility of the mother, father, police chief, mayor and the entire police department. If you're looking for help with your children the first place you should look is within your home. Ask yourself "what am I doing wrong" or "what can I change or do to help my teen" if you come up short handed then try a community center of even their school. If that fails then you should contact the Juvenille department of the police department and see what advice those officers can give you. Try contacting the TEAM officer who is placed within the schools and see if he can help your child. But don't cast blame upon the DHPD if you did a bad job raising you child or if your child mad a bad decision in life or has chosen the wrong crowd to hang out with. It's not their fault - they didn't make you have the kid!
Kilroy F Jones

United States

#19 Aug 16, 2007
CMB, Since when is it the job of the police department to raise YOUR kids? Did you consult the police department when you impregnated your woman? Did you consult the police department when you decided where your kid went to school? Did you consult the police department when you decided what clothes your kids would wear or what type of haircuts your kids would have? Did you consult the police on what time your kids should be home at night? Your obviously a fucking loser as a parent and your looking to blame anyone but yourself for your failures as a parent!
Bill

United States

#20 Aug 16, 2007
Kilroy is absolutely correct! I am so sick of parents blaming everyone but themselves for their POS kids! It is not the job of the police to raise your kids!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baroda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sawyer Highlands Church (Nov '08) Nov 18 sawyerhighlands 9
Farid nasser dermatologist (Jan '14) Nov 15 Al Bundy 21
Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Nov 2 WATCHING LIVONIA 8
Debate: Marijuana - Baroda, MI (Sep '10) Oct 27 stoner 3
hello baroda Oct '14 meetcreazy 1
Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan and Britain conde... Oct '14 joe 4
Harsher penalties for animal abusers? (Sep '09) Oct '14 Tulsa Tom 3
Baroda Dating
Find my Match

Baroda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baroda News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baroda

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:46PM
Is New England Proving to Be Unbeatable?
Bleacher Report 4:52 PM
Takeaways from Bears' Win vs. Bucs
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Where Should Pats Slot into Week 13 Fantasy Lineups?
Bleacher Report 6:57 PM
Reggie Bush Injury Update and Fantasy Football Impact
NFL 7:58 PM
Wilfork: Raiola's 'uncalled for' cut-block was 'stupid'