Should fast food workers make more th...

Should fast food workers make more than minimum wage? Moo Cluck Moo says yes

There are 11 comments on the Michigan Radio story from Sep 12, 2013, titled Should fast food workers make more than minimum wage? Moo Cluck Moo says yes. In it, Michigan Radio reports that:

The push by fast food workers to make more than minimum wage has swept across the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Michigan Radio.

kev

Detroit, MI

#1 Sep 13, 2013
It depends on what the franchise owner deems worthy..should a new auto worker make far less on assembly line than one who has been there 20 years?
Fred Phelps

Beaver Dam, WI

#2 Sep 13, 2013
Hear about the new fast-food restaurant that has opened in Dearborn?

It's called Burka King.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2013
kev wrote:
It depends on what the franchise owner deems worthy..should a new auto worker make far less on assembly line than one who has been there 20 years?
The decision regarding wages should be determined by the Federal and state government.

Senior workers should earn more than new workers. You should be rewarded for loyalty.
kev

Rochester, NY

#4 Sep 14, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision regarding wages should be determined by the Federal and state government.
Senior workers should earn more than new workers. You should be rewarded for loyalty.
But over $10 hourly more? And the new ones will never ger benefits or wages like veteran line workers? The veterans workers approved this.where is incentive for new hires in long run?
Malcolm

Tampa, FL

#5 Sep 14, 2013
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
Corey

Livonia, MI

#6 Sep 14, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision should be made by the free market. The Gov. should stay out of it. They screw enough things up.
The hardest and most productive workers should earn the most. Using seniority just makes a good worker lazy.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Sep 14, 2013
Corey wrote:
<quoted text>The decision should be made by the free market. The Gov. should stay out of it. They screw enough things up.
The hardest and most productive workers should earn the most. Using seniority just makes a good worker lazy.
Let me guess... You own some tin pot business and think you have more in common with the superwealthy than the average working stiff from Flint.
Corey

Livonia, MI

#8 Sep 15, 2013
I'm an average working stiff that has found that hard work pays off.

Let me guess, you believe that the government should take care of you and think that anyone who works hard is a fool. When and if you get a job you think that the employer owes you a living.
Old man

Gamaliel, KY

#10 Sep 15, 2013
Loyalty to a company doesn't mean anything anymore.if your makin good money for your years of service,they'll replace you with somebody else.walmart does it frequently
School Marm

Beaver Dam, WI

#11 Sep 16, 2013
Old man wrote:
Loyalty to a company doesn't mean anything anymore.if your makin good money for your years of service,they'll replace you with somebody else.walmart does it frequently
I have noticed over a lifetime that older doctors, attorneys and dentists seem to charge more as they gain experience and they start pretty high too. Of course they are not working for WalMart. They are working for themselves. People can gain skill and education. I understand wages at McDonalds in Montanna are astronomical because of high demand.

Stay in school, go back to school, get a good education.
Corey

Livonia, MI

#12 Sep 16, 2013
Old man wrote:
Loyalty works two ways. If another employer offers you better wages and better benefits and more security do you refuse because of your loyalty to the employer or do you do the right thing for your family?

What happened to "History's" post? He said that I lived in a "childlike reality". Hard work and self reliance to him is childlike. Shameful.

Was that you Tony? I thought you went by Pete now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baroda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
baroda gaysex topix Aug 23 hvcd 18
Jeremy Park (Nov '13) Aug 17 Tjs41474 2
News Michiganders question appointment of past utili... Aug 17 Kevn 1
top (Feb '15) Aug 16 karat 100 13
News It's tough finding solutions to Wayne County's ... Aug 1 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Baroda, MI (Jan '12) Jul '15 prem 3
Ap Jul '15 sid 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baroda Mortgages