One person critically injured in Route 365 car accident

Dec 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Mid-York Weekly

A Barneveld man was killed Saturday in a two-car crash on state Route 365, state police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
wtf

Cropseyville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

What the hell Bert? F u man!

Since: Feb 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

It was just a matter of time with Bert - ALCOHOLIC
Herpe Lip

Central Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

He was prolly baked outta his mind too.
luke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

When isn't he
FiFi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Didn't he get a dwi a few years back up on the Potato Hill Road???????
I bet

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

You forgot to mention that there was also a fatality!
here is the lesson

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

its known as the BARCOMB principle. Even with one beer in ya, dont drive where people can pull out in front of you and you cant see them because of some physical obstruction.
FiFi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Better YET..........DON'T DRIVE PERIOD IF YOU'VE BEEN DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!
oopsey

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

FiFi wrote:
Better YET..........DON'T DRIVE PERIOD IF YOU'VE BEEN DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!
good point. You might live to get put into a home in Wells NY and then die in a nursing home fire.
yaa

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Judged:

this wasnt his fault it could have happened to anyone wrong place at the wrong time multiole people saw it and all said the same thing if it was a few seconds later it would have been them that hit him so if anything iut was the guy who pulled outs fault so stop playing the blame game before you get the facts
at fault

Sharon Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

You can "what if" all day long, won't change the fact that a drunk killed an innocent driver that got in his way.

Most of us learned at an early age, alcohol slows your reaction time. There is no way you can argue that alcohol had no effect on this guys ability to slow down or maneuver to avoid hitting the other car.

Sure, the car that pulled out put himself at risk. We are all at risk whenever we drive, but we should be able to do so without fear that the other drivers are drunk and will not be able to slow down if we momentarily cross their path.

If the drunk had one less beer, had a fractionally faster reaction time? Isn't it at least possible the point of impact would have been different? Don't bother answering, its a scientifically proven fact. Only a foot or two could have made the difference between life or death. Now, two less beers, even better reaction time, both drivers might have walked away.
watcher

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Actually they ended up finding that the guy had a heart attack coming down the hill that was why he supposedly didnt stop at the bottom
funny how things happen

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

from the get go, it was the old mans fault. he went through the stop sign next to the rr bridge and he caused the accident. the other guy, booze in system or not was at the wrong place at the wrong time and is paying the piper for that mistake. but the accident was NOT his fault, booze in system or not..now if that was me, (and i don't drink) n the old man hit me, well say good bye to all his assests cus they would be MINE..too many older drivers out there that should NOT be driving..look at the guy from cold brook, having a heart attack n drives himself to st e's just to have a horrible crash on rt 12 by walmart area..age does not always equal wisdom.
Not for you to judge

Holland Patent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

here is the lesson wrote:
its known as the BARCOMB principle. Even with one beer in ya, dont drive where people can pull out in front of you and you cant see them because of some physical obstruction.
Maybe we should call it driving around high and ignoring stop signs.. seriously you're ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barneveld Discussions

Search the Barneveld Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 11 hr MacDaddyobama 6,274
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue none 6,182
Fire department consolidation Tue Area resident 9
Cold Brook Mayor??? Tue Concerned resident 1
new boobies Apr 13 Kim 3
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
McDonalds on Erie Blvd. in Rome Apr 10 Me 1
•••

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at April 16 at 10:45PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barneveld Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barneveld People Search