First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Andy

Rome, NY

#21 Nov 10, 2011
I hear another significant water tax increase is in the proposed budget.
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#22 Nov 11, 2011
Don't you know the difference between TAX & RATE increase? Call President Alfred E. Newman and thank him.
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#23 Nov 11, 2011
Are you talking about the Town of Trenton or the Village of Barneveld? The town has a proposed budget out now. The village does not have a proposed budget until April.
Andy

Rome, NY

#24 Nov 14, 2011
I do know the difference. My apologies for offending thee... Whether it be a tax, rate increase, a fee, surcharge, or what ever you want to call it, it will cost the residents more. And yes, it is Barneveld.
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#25 Nov 15, 2011
You don't have to pay the rate increase, just call and request to have your water shut off.Very simple.
quitbendingover

Rome, NY

#26 Nov 21, 2011
ever wonder why your butt aches so much? Only designed for one way traffic, got it?
I have another simple solution to avoid the increase, get some new board members and mayor. This group doesnt spend any less than the last group. Couple members are holdovers, maybe they are the source of spending problems. Or maybe were paying the water employees and clerk too much? How did the audit turn out anyway? would have bet someone would get arrested.
Just curious, how many hundreds of thousands has the village spent in last few years on water, and hasn't updated more than about 20' of pipe?
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#27 Nov 22, 2011
There's an easy way to get all your questions answered. Go to a village board meeting and you will see how hard each of the board members work to save village residents' money. Some past administrations did waste a lot of money but the present board is doing the best they can to control spending. It's not their fault that funding from the county and other places is being cut. As for the water, many thousands of dollars have been spent because the village was mandated by the county to install a filtration plant - it was not the board's choice to do this. The salaries of everyone employed by the village are lower than what other local villages pay. The audit came out very good - again if you attended board meetings you would know this.
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#28 Nov 22, 2011
I have have been thinking,you are right they should replace more water pipe. Why not replace it all, that shouldn't affect the water rates. You should attend a meeting and suggest it. Tell me when you are going so I can hear what they say. BRILLIANT, which I had thought of that.
yourachingbutt

Rome, NY

#29 Nov 22, 2011
my8kinbutt wrote:
There's an easy way to get all your questions answered. Go to a village board meeting and you will see how hard each of the board members work to save village residents' money. Some past administrations did waste a lot of money but the present board is doing the best they can to control spending. It's not their fault that funding from the county and other places is being cut. As for the water, many thousands of dollars have been spent because the village was mandated by the county to install a filtration plant - it was not the board's choice to do this. The salaries of everyone employed by the village are lower than what other local villages pay. The audit came out very good - again if you attended board meetings you would know this.
Sorry you simple simon, it must suck being as gullable as you. Simple fact, the village was not mandated to build a filtration plant, period. Do you really think overlapping layers of government are going to cite eachother for a "condition" that "may" contribute to "possible" contamination? I've got a bridge to sell you.
my8kinbutt

Cortland, NY

#30 Nov 23, 2011
Obviously you are not a village water customer. If you were you would have received the annual water quality report prepared by the Oneida County Health Dept. which contains all the information about the mandate for the filtration plant. Have a nice Thanksgiving.
Andy

Rome, NY

#31 Nov 27, 2011
I heard a different story about the audit. I looked on the Village website for it. It hasn't been posted yet. I did see they were missing a page from the October 11 minutes. Maybe it was there. Hopefully it turns up before the next election.
joe bob

Boston, MA

#32 May 14, 2013
Don't blame current administration for anything except dusty mud streets when it rains. The no sweep policy is a joke. What else do you get for your taxes.
vans girl

Bristol, CT

#33 May 16, 2013
seriously, how many people believe the village really had to comply with the county "mandate"? Higher levels of government love to throw around mandates, usuallly right after they cut off previous funding. Do yiu think every little podunk village across the state immediately dumped hundreds of thousands into their antiquated water systems? What would the penalty have been, funding cuts? Theres nothing to cut.

Now we have this overpriced shiny new tank and a treatment shed, and were left with miles of rotten old pipe that leaks worse than "myachinbutt's" butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barneveld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crooks 2 min petefrombearswamp 1
Girl Who Takes the most poundings. (Oct '12) 19 hr ram the sha bam 50
Andy Crosslet fired from Remington Apr 30 81 cny 2
restraint order (Aug '14) Apr 23 crazy 13
News Lyons Falls man arrested following two-county p... (Mar '14) Apr 20 jma 16
shady tree service (Dec '13) Apr 19 Will Use Him Always 19
scooby rendering beware Apr 18 concerned 1
More from around the web

Barneveld People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE