half somali # half english

Posted in the Barneveld Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
aaron

Birmingham, UK

#1 Jun 21, 2008
hey iam Aaron 15 yrs old born in south london iam half Somali.half English... well i thing my mum is english with little german maybe coz her surmane sounds german... anyways 2 my point they problem is when i tell my fellow somalis iam half they get angry and thing iam fuckin wit dem coz i look white 2 dem.. so any half somlis out der wit de same problems fill me in.......... Brappppppppppppppppp..........
Marian

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jun 24, 2008
I can relate dude
h'm half Philippine and half Somali
I'm basically with Somalis all the time
so i know like almost no Filipino's
my momma don't even speak it we speak Somali
i basically consider my self Somali cause i chill wit them
But anyways for some strange reason i look like I'm from Pakistan and i don't even look like my Filipino's mom i look more like my dad
i just have the eyes
Guillianna

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Jul 8, 2008
I've never felt as if I were left out because the Somali community in my area always treated me like one of their own. I'm sorry to hear that you were treated unfairly. Some Somalis are very ignorant. But most don't really care.
asha aviv

Canada

#5 Jul 8, 2008
hey aron im half somali and half eritrean with christian nd jewish ancestry in my eritrean side
but im muslim, some somalis look at me think im not somali becuz i look indian straight hair .... my sister looks more somali and my little baby sis looks arab
Somali

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Jul 22, 2008
Somali people should not mix with other ethnicities because Somali genes are too recessive. In hundred years, we will be gone from the face of the earth because of mixing. Save the Somali people.
asha aviv

Etobicoke, Canada

#7 Jul 25, 2008
somali people are already mixed
ive seen a jamaican whos mixed with jewish syrian indian nd white and chinese and she looks somali
and she tol me that somali people have been mixed for centuries and thats how they lost their african features except for the skin colours
Somali

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jul 25, 2008
asha aviv wrote:
somali people are already mixed
ive seen a jamaican whos mixed with jewish syrian indian nd white and chinese and she looks somali
and she tol me that somali people have been mixed for centuries and thats how they lost their african features except for the skin colours
That is not true at all. Somali people are not mixed, we are ethinic indigenous people. There is a minority who are mixed, and they are clearly identifiable. The people who say Somali's are mixed are those who have stereotypical ideas about African people. They think all of Africa looks the same, i.e. thicker lips, broader nose, dark, and kinky hair. This is the lie that has been put forth by whites. We are not mixed, but are black Africans. Africa is a diverse place. Don't fall for the lies of whites. Some crazy whites even call us "Caucasians" to make themselves feel better.
asha aviv

Canada

#9 Jul 26, 2008
my mom is somali and her great grandmother has green eyes and she looks white she doesnt look african at all and as for the rest of my family a few have blonde and some look indian and normal somali. also our somali language ther are some hebrew words: ani - I
aba -father

hindi
baraf- snow
shati -collar shirt
gaari - car turkish - askar - police
arabic - sarir-bed
coursi-chair

french- ici
miss london

UK

#10 Jul 27, 2008
to Aaron , hi listen mate sum Somalis can be dick heads sum times but all u need to do is ignore them because all most all them love mixed people, plus maybe because u have not being raised with somalis, trust me Somalis are very nice people all you need is 2 meet the right ones
i am mixed my dad is Arab and is not all bad because i get to choose who i want 2 be with and it dosent have 2 be Somalian unlike that rest of my friends who have 2 be with somalians anywayz don't worry they will believe u 1 day plus the somalians from south are the biggest dick heads on road mate so fuck them
mohammed issa

UK

#11 Jul 29, 2008
im half somali and half dutch the somali people dont really say anything about it and i really enjoy playing footie with them even though i dont know any somali
Babii Mimi

Barnsley, UK

#12 Jul 29, 2008
Hey aaron, its not a big deal, there's plenty of mixed somali's. I'm 1/2 Somali 1/2 Portuguese and i dont look 1 bit Somali, but Thankfully i speak somali.
Im guessing the only reason why they giving you the evils is probably because you wasn't raised among alot of Somali's.
Ow and alot of non-Somali's nowadays speak somali, so they probably think you just claiming it.
Not to worry though.
naima

El Cajon, CA

#13 Jul 29, 2008
im sorry aaron that there are some somali jackass's out there but when your half somali mixed with something else you dont look somali so they probably assumed that you were lying but dont worry not all of us are jackass i have a few cousins mixed with number of races but what makes them different is they speak somali and they hold their gound.
Hope you find better somali bunch.
zack

San Diego, CA

#14 Aug 7, 2008
heheh i'm the biggest somali jackass if i see u are white and claiming u are somali i kick ur asss
Ashkir

UK

#15 Aug 12, 2008
I have many half somali cousins and because of the caucasian characteristics, apart from a slightly darker skin tone, a half somali half white looks like any other white person.

It can be a lot harder for half Somalis to identify with their somali heritage because it doesnt come out too much in their physical characteristics. But the important thing is that you get Somalis of all types, some as light skinned as you, i'm mistaken for a half-somali all the time. You just make sure you represent Somalia as best as you can, because anybody with any Somali blood is a full Somali to me, and right now Somalia needs every single one of us.
issa

UK

#16 Aug 14, 2008
yo im full somali born in the netherlands being mixed race is a good thing u can learn both cultures the similarity and difference
jason mohammed

UK

#17 Aug 14, 2008
yo im half somali half english and i think its kool dont really care what people say
aaron

Birmingham, UK

#18 Aug 15, 2008
thanks guys good lookin out... iam cool now sorry 4 da no reply i had hard exams all june and july.. plus i turned 16 on thursday august 14... anyways my somali friends r cool 2 me now thanks 4 da support.. bless..........
Muna

Spijkenisse, Netherlands

#19 Aug 18, 2008
Hi Aaron, I am half Somali and half Spanish. I grew up in the Netherlands and both my dad and moms family are cool. We are one big happy family my moms sisters are also married to white men, so i feel like Somali and Spanish and my Somalis friends except me. Aaron you know you are half Somali so let them just talk. Peace
almaz

Portland, OR

#20 Aug 26, 2008
i dont see why they should care what your mixed with....anyway i think that hot somali mixes are gorgg..i'm somali yemani and ethio..they usally dont seem 2 mind but i think that has 2 do with me beaing muslim
Yaniga

Guilford, ME

#21 Sep 1, 2008
Hey my fellowz somali my nane iz yaniga aka y-j nd am half american half somali but my she iz originally 4rom somali nd me waz born in U.S.A but i still consider my sefl az an american&somalian so if u get problem wit dat get @ me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barneveld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
town installs new barneveld sidewalks and wants... 14 hr Sidewalk costs 7
Kim Martin Polovick Thu Alleycat 5
eastern star Aug 24 mom2be 1
really??? Aug 24 Thatguy 2
Chris Verente Aug 23 Michael Jackson 4
new salon in barneveld (Aug '13) Aug 19 Hard On The Eyes 55
Has anyone ate at cuginis pizza in barneveld (Aug '12) Jul '16 rave review 70

Barneveld Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance