Teen in critical condition after Floyd accident

Feb 12, 2013 Full story: WKTV 267

Authorities are investigating a serious two-vehicle accident on Route 365 in the Town of Floyd that sent two men to the hospital.

Full Story
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#83 Feb 16, 2013
Coach wrote:
I think we all need to step back and take the lead from Nush's family. The accedent was a series of unfortunate events. Blame, stone throwing, letters are just a knee jerk reaction and when its fueled by axe grinding, ignorance and witch hunts we dishonor Anusha's life and contributions. Maybe Ms. Swalgen, Ms. Storm and Mr. Luke could stay down for a while and allow the family to get through this ordeal. What these adults seem to forget is that there are kids here, friends of Anusha that have to make some sort of sense of this, kids that have the heavy burden of dealing with death for the first time. There is now an empty chair in class as a reminder to them everyday, Adults need to take the lead and help these young people through this. Lay down your axe and stone and honor Anusha Yagey.
AMEN !!!!!

What a bunch of AWFUL people....all supposedly adults !!!!!!
Well

Brooklyn, NY

#84 Feb 16, 2013
I think I know who "I agree" is and I couldn't agree with you more! The voice of reason, as per usual lol :)
fjme

Utica, NY

#85 Feb 16, 2013
DHB wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN !!!!!
What a bunch of AWFUL people....all supposedly adults !!!!!!
There are 3 trouble makers in this (mentioned by "coach") with a bunch of their childern and their friends creating most of their support base.
These people are opinionated and loud when there is nothing going on so to have this to lash out with, they are content, but lets see how they fair because the tide is starting to go the other way fast. Lets see how long they stay vocal. I just checked their facebooks and I saw a lot of accusations all pointing at Mrs. Davis and very little, meaningful support. These people can be described easly as their facebook pages spell it all out. Maybe if they get off Farmville for a minute and reflect on their words and mabey they would have the sense to quiet down...then go look Mrs Davis in the eye and say "IM SORRY"
okay

Rome, NY

#86 Feb 16, 2013
Fjme, they made some valid point and to be honest, the community has every right to be angry. The decision of the district is part of the equation and may may be partially culpable. Mr. Luke said some things in hast, but he is absolutely right in suggesting an investigation. Ms. Davis is responsible in closing or delaying schools if road conditions are poor. 365 was atrocious. We ought to look into the decision making process and she ought to accept the responsibility of no acting when she should have. Jospeh is wise beyond his years with what he said. My condolences to him and his family. We should give this time, but it is a conversation that must be had.
Free

Utica, NY

#87 Feb 16, 2013
Car accidents happen. It's the sad truth. But since it happend to a young driver heading to school it "MUST" be the schools fault for "MAKING" them drive in such inclement weather. Same as it would be your employer's fault for "MAKING" you go to work in inclement weather. Who ever heard of driver discretion? If that's the case I blame Howard Stern for our poor economy and Obama for the diharea I just had. How asinine.
concerned

Altmar, NY

#88 Feb 17, 2013
Free wrote:
Car accidents happen. It's the sad truth. But since it happend to a young driver heading to school it "MUST" be the schools fault for "MAKING" them drive in such inclement weather. Same as it would be your employer's fault for "MAKING" you go to work in inclement weather. Who ever heard of driver discretion? If that's the case I blame Howard Stern for our poor economy and Obama for the diharea I just had. How asinine.
I agree enough is enough. The student is dead and you can't bring him back with all this nonsense. Yes, the roads weren't great but I'm sure everyone has driven in worse, I know I have. Maybe you should all just keep these nasty opinions to yourselves and help the family deal with it.
okay

Brooklyn, NY

#89 Feb 17, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree enough is enough. The student is dead and you can't bring him back with all this nonsense. Yes, the roads weren't great but I'm sure everyone has driven in worse, I know I have. Maybe you should all just keep these nasty opinions to yourselves and help the family deal with it.
Actually this is one of the more civil discussions I have seen. No harm in talking about something as important as this. And for the most part, people have been quite respectful of the family. I have seen far worse on Topix, so I think this says something positive about this community. That we can talk about things without being too nasty to each other. Its refreshing.
fjme

Utica, NY

#90 Feb 17, 2013
okay wrote:
Fjme, they made some valid point and to be honest, the community has every right to be angry. The decision of the district is part of the equation and may may be partially culpable. Mr. Luke said some things in hast, but he is absolutely right in suggesting an investigation. Ms. Davis is responsible in closing or delaying schools if road conditions are poor. 365 was atrocious. We ought to look into the decision making process and she ought to accept the responsibility of no acting when she should have. Jospeh is wise beyond his years with what he said. My condolences to him and his family. We should give this time, but it is a conversation that must be had.
They did make points but there is a right way to do it and now is not he time.
Lori Dano Storms

Utica, NY

#91 Feb 17, 2013
Here is a list of the people causing trouble in HP.

Mike Stefanski
Samantha Rossi
Lisa Gelfuso Dousharm
Donna Savarese
Trish Backus
Randall Seufert
Bonnie Baker
Cory Ellis
Sean Girven
Matt Chillluffo
Kristen Anne Slattery
Crystal Graves
Yolanda Dischiavo
Kent Myers
Ashley Hoffman
Lisa Lawyer Evans
Bernie Lenaghen
Alison Bowker
Bailey Quinn
Kim Cheney Slattery
Lori Dano Storms
Wendy Baker Baldanza

Please respect the families wishes. You people are nothing but bullies.
One of them is my mother

Gloversville, NY

#92 Feb 17, 2013
No one is causing trouble. They are expressing there opinions and concerns. I graduated from HP. There have been things that have happened under Kathy Davis that should have happened. My mother had 4 kids in the HP school district and now her grand kids attend this district. Kathy Davis needs to take in the concerns of the parents and the kids. What if it was your son/daughter that died in the accident? How would you feel? The school should have been put on a delay. I support what the so cause "trouble makers" say. I support what Mr. Lucason said. Kathy Davis should be held responsible for some of the accident.
One of the troublemakers

Gulfport, MS

#93 Feb 17, 2013
First, let me say that this is only the third time I've ever visited this site, for what I consider obvious reasons. However, since I received a call telling me I was personally named on here, I thought "Damn, I must be good...." <sarcasm totally intended, by the way> and thought I'd hop on to see what was up; it's so good to see that some things never change - there is just as much BS still on it as in the past. However, since I do take exception to being called a troublemaker and bully, I just felt it necessary to respond.

The comments I made were my opinion - you can share them or not, it truly makes no difference to me. I am from the district, my kids have all graduated from the district, and yes - I have had personal interaction through the years with the current superintendent of that school system, and I will say, not all of them have been negative. I can also say I feel that it is a thankless job - I wouldn't want it for any amount of money in the world. However, I felt that on that day a mistake was made in not calling a delay and a non-acceptance of a decision you are ultimately responsible for making for wrong. I also feel Mr. Lucason was to be commended for his statements. In my experience within the school system through the years, I have seen too many faculty, staff, and parents shy away from stating their opinion on something for fear of reprisal, which does happen, I have seen it - it's a political game and unfortunately HP is top of the list in politics. So, my praise was for him having the guts to stand up regardless. I'll have to reread what I actually wrote because unlike some of you, I don't remember it verbatim, but I don't believe I placed blame - I simply stated my opinion, which last I checked was still legal. You don't agree - that's cool - but it does not make me a "bully" or a "troublemaker". It makes me a person - how about that?

As for the family, I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through. If that had been one of my kids, they would have had to put me in a rubber room. So, I am truly impressed they are taking the high road. Apparently, they're much better people than myself, because I cannot guarantee I could do that if it had been my child. So, God Bless them in this horrific time. But I'm sure they have much more to concern themselves with than a 'bully' like me.

So now, I will take myself off this stellar site with my newly acquired titles. As I've never once in my close to 50 years on this earth been described as either of those two things, maybe this is a milestone for me !
Lori Dano Storms wrote:
Here is a list of the people causing trouble in HP.
Mike Stefanski
Samantha Rossi
Lisa Gelfuso Dousharm
Donna Savarese
Trish Backus
Randall Seufert
Bonnie Baker
Cory Ellis
Sean Girven
Matt Chillluffo
Kristen Anne Slattery
Crystal Graves
Yolanda Dischiavo
Kent Myers
Ashley Hoffman
Lisa Lawyer Evans
Bernie Lenaghen
Alison Bowker
Bailey Quinn
Kim Cheney Slattery
Lori Dano Storms
Wendy Baker Baldanza
Please respect the families wishes. You people are nothing but bullies.
residenthp

Utica, NY

#94 Feb 17, 2013
One of them is my mother wrote:
No one is causing trouble. They are expressing there opinions and concerns. I graduated from HP. There have been things that have happened under Kathy Davis that should have happened. My mother had 4 kids in the HP school district and now her grand kids attend this district. Kathy Davis needs to take in the concerns of the parents and the kids. What if it was your son/daughter that died in the accident? How would you feel? The school should have been put on a delay. I support what the so cause "trouble makers" say. I support what Mr. Lucason said. Kathy Davis should be held responsible for some of the accident.
OH! Now its "some of the blame" Laughable.
residenthp

Utica, NY

#95 Feb 17, 2013
One of the troublemakers wrote:
First, let me say that this is only the third time I've ever visited this site, for what I consider obvious reasons. However, since I received a call telling me I was personally named on here, I thought "Damn, I must be good...." <sarcasm totally intended, by the way> and thought I'd hop on to see what was up; it's so good to see that some things never change - there is just as much BS still on it as in the past. However, since I do take exception to being called a troublemaker and bully, I just felt it necessary to respond.
The comments I made were my opinion - you can share them or not, it truly makes no difference to me. I am from the district, my kids have all graduated from the district, and yes - I have had personal interaction through the years with the current superintendent of that school system, and I will say, not all of them have been negative. I can also say I feel that it is a thankless job - I wouldn't want it for any amount of money in the world. However, I felt that on that day a mistake was made in not calling a delay and a non-acceptance of a decision you are ultimately responsible for making for wrong. I also feel Mr. Lucason was to be commended for his statements. In my experience within the school system through the years, I have seen too many faculty, staff, and parents shy away from stating their opinion on something for fear of reprisal, which does happen, I have seen it - it's a political game and unfortunately HP is top of the list in politics. So, my praise was for him having the guts to stand up regardless. I'll have to reread what I actually wrote because unlike some of you, I don't remember it verbatim, but I don't believe I placed blame - I simply stated my opinion, which last I checked was still legal. You don't agree - that's cool - but it does not make me a "bully" or a "troublemaker". It makes me a person - how about that?
As for the family, I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through. If that had been one of my kids, they would have had to put me in a rubber room. So, I am truly impressed they are taking the high road. Apparently, they're much better people than myself, because I cannot guarantee I could do that if it had been my child. So, God Bless them in this horrific time. But I'm sure they have much more to concern themselves with than a 'bully' like me.
So now, I will take myself off this stellar site with my newly acquired titles. As I've never once in my close to 50 years on this earth been described as either of those two things, maybe this is a milestone for me !
<quoted text>
Funny how you put the family last in your rant...telling.
therighttruth

Holland Patent, NY

#96 Feb 17, 2013
fjme wrote:
<quoted text>
They did make points but there is a right way to do it and now is not he time.
When is the time? When it happens again?
Some of you dont get

Rome, NY

#97 Feb 18, 2013
What most of you people don't understand, and fail or don't want to look at...is that the majority of these suppoed "Bullies" and "Trouble-makers" were already upset and everything stated BEFORE this horrible thing occured.
Parents were upset from the week before, sending kids home early with no annoucement from the media what so ever...the kids were asked to call their parents and let them know. So parents happen to learn of ths dismissal over Facebook. Of which is not listed as a media resource for school announcements.
My wife happen to learn of the dismissal due to our bus driver telling us when she picked our kids up.
Oddly enough, nobody even knows why there was an early school dismissal to begin with. The weather never acted up.
Then the roads on this past Monday were icy, almost of driveable. Reports of buses, cars/trucks slipping and sliding, going off the road all over. Teachers and buses 1/2 hour to and hour late getting to school due to the road conditions. Read that again, late because of road conditions. And not just one particular teacher or bus. Is that not why we have delays for school?
Monday night, weather reported roads were going to be in rough condition on Tuesday. Funny, one of our snow days was due to closing a school a day before a storm was supposed to hit. Of which, the storm never came. But yet, both Monday and Tuesday we were warned by the weather forecase of hazardous road conditions.
Come Tuesday morning, the roads were indeed not very good. Tons of slush, unplowed, sanded, or salted...just like the day before.
So where was the DPW? Oh yes, everyone knew, or at least those who are in communication with the DPW that the majority of our trucks were sent south to help Staten/Long Island dig out of their snow storm. That right there points to fact that roads were going to be in even worse conditions because we didn't have the normal amount of trucks out of the road BOTH those morning.
Again, parents were upset about everything BEFORE the high schooler's accident. Sure it became worse after, as well as after the letter was sent home. But you need to understand, this isn't all about the family that lost a child over all of this. I sorry, it is not.
I feel for the family, and it has to be really hard. But I don't understand why they trying to make this all about them now. Every child in the district lives were at risk those two days last week. And the fact of the matter is, parents were and still would be upset if this accident wouldn't have occured.
No no, don't look at it that way. Of course not, as we aren't right in the head people, as most of you think. Which I don't understand.
Too many people in this world act like sheep. Do you expect us to sit around and wait for it to become really bad before we can safely say anything? I bet even then you have people just waiting to pounce on them to say they are wrong.
Too many things happen daily in this country that we as Americans let slide by. And most of that is probably do to fear, and not wanting to be labelled as this or that for speaking one's mind.
I totally agree you can't place the blame on anyone for the death that occured last week. And I can plainly see that if the accident involved something or someone else, all those saying different comments, of which are uncalled for, and to be honest ignorant.
The bottom line here people, is that there is and seems to be a record of Holland Patent's Super to disregard the safety of it's students and faculty. The facts are right there. But like usual, instead of looking at all the facts, most of you only direct yourself to one thing.
So I don't understand the heat from the family, telling us to lay low. Why? So it can happen again? How would you feel then if it did? Correct me if I am wrong, but nobody who is standing up is just preaching Mrs. Davis is responsible for a death.
okay

Brooklyn, NY

#98 Feb 18, 2013
Spot on "some of you don't get." The people who don't understand the anger obviously don't live or work in the community. I do understand that the family thinks that their son's death is causing negativity. To that I want to let them know that is not their son, but the events that precede and antecede the accident. Being respectful is making that distinction. I hope they can understand that we need to talk about this now so that we can avoid future poor decisions from the district that involve even more that these inclement weather issues.
Voice of Reason

Rye, NY

#99 Feb 18, 2013
First of all, please sip referring to "the community." I am part of the HP community and I do not support these bullies.

Second, they were most likely already upset with the school district prior to this tragedy and they are shamelessly using it to fuel their own personal anger. If we looked further, we would most likely find that they've had previous issues with the district because their own kids have been in trouble for one reason or another. Could that be because their parents are not smart enough to teach them right from wrong. It's scary to think these people are raising children. Even scarier is the thought that Phil Lucason is preaching his nonsense to all our kids. How do we teach our children to only respect the teachers that deserve their respect? What happens to our world when there are such ignorant individuals teaching our kids? Where else but the world of education can you be so ill fit for your profession but still be guaranteed a job for life? As taxpayers, we should be disgusted that we are paying his salary to fill our children's minds with such nastiness.
One of them is my mother

Gloversville, NY

#100 Feb 18, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
First of all, please sip referring to "the community." I am part of the HP community and I do not support these bullies.
Second, they were most likely already upset with the school district prior to this tragedy and they are shamelessly using it to fuel their own personal anger. If we looked further, we would most likely find that they've had previous issues with the district because their own kids have been in trouble for one reason or another. Could that be because their parents are not smart enough to teach them right from wrong. It's scary to think these people are raising children. Even scarier is the thought that Phil Lucason is preaching his nonsense to all our kids. How do we teach our children to only respect the teachers that deserve their respect? What happens to our world when there are such ignorant individuals teaching our kids? Where else but the world of education can you be so ill fit for your profession but still be guaranteed a job for life? As taxpayers, we should be disgusted that we are paying his salary to fill our children's minds with such nastiness.
First of all, none of them have a personal agenda. They are concerned for our kids safety and this accident was the last straw. My mother has talked to Kathy Davis many times regarding something wrong and no I was never in trouble in school. I never got a detention, ISS, or OSS. Neither has my brother and sister who also graduated from HP. We were all good students in school. So your theory on how parents that have had previous issues because their children got into trouble is not true. Plus, my parents are smart and they did teach us right from wrong, so there goes your theory on that one too.

I also had Mr. Lucason, and so did my brother and sister. He is one of the best teachers in that school. He is also concerned for the safety of the students as well as his own children who attend a school in the district. He is not ill fit to teach. He is one of the smartest individuals I know. Mr. Lucason and a few select other teachers in the district are the ones that made me want to become a teacher.

So again, there is no personal agenda, they want our kids to be safe. I love HP, I graduated from HP, I love the community. I support what Mr. Lucason says and I want our kids to be safe and not to have their lives jeopardized.
Voice of Reason

Rye, NY

#101 Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for proving my point, I appreciate it!
Taxpayer

Rome, NY

#102 Feb 18, 2013
Reason? Really? Don't be a sheep with KD your misguided and incompetent Sheppard. Its time she goes. As others have said this unfortunate "accident" is just that a tragic point on the road filled with wrong turns and bad decisions made by KD. Its not money , or programs, This teacher or that teacher, a fight, a rapist bus driver, or a gun on the bus, It is now literally life and death topping the list of ALL OF THESE THINGS. I don't have kids in the school but I know many of them. This is not about her disciplining my child really? What a stupid cop out.

This is about incompetence at the highest level in this district that any teacher or support staff would have been fired over long ago according to her own tried and true system of decision making. We are not bullies or haters we are taxpayers and voters that are fed up with what we got for our money, the safety and education of the children and the integrity and reputation of our beloved home and school. So don't sit there and use misguided inflammatory words like bully to change the subject from an incompetent leader to something else. We have every right in the world to pissed off.

Kathy Davis did NOT kill this boy. Plain and simple.

Kathy Davis Incompetently made a decision that was a contributing factor to the accident. A decision that was a failure and dereliction of the duties entrusted to her by the tax payers of this community. NUMBER ONE: Provide Safety to the Children. This is about people that cannot do their jobs that we pay GOOD money to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barneveld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is that Ben Gothan 18 hr depot train 3
Girl Who Takes the most poundings. (Oct '12) Fri Spoooony 47
adult play time any females looking Feb 25 good time 7
Ammon Fisher (Jan '12) Feb 23 sweetums 3
Has anyone ate at cuginis pizza in barneveld (Aug '12) Feb 12 Wondering 67
Hudons sled salvage Feb 10 only Place 3
Northeast's freezing temps could cause dangerou... Feb 4 Al Gore 2
Barneveld Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web