Disappointed

Utica, NY

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Unfortunately the future must suffer for the past in Remsen. In their ignorant haste to punish the teachers for salaries that were approved by the voters in the past the "NO" voters only punished the student body at RCS. These same uninformed fools actually treat this as a victory! Shame on you. I am disappointed by the false rumors that sway people to make poor decisions that have very little effect on them. If you can't reach into your pocket for approx. an average of $50-$60 more for the students here, than you are sad. How many veterans were so willing to serve their country, but turn their back on the community. WKTV should be ashamed for that piece of sensationalism they aired the other day. Just a poor old guy and his dog,$4800 in school taxes. HORRIFYING! They failed to mention that he owns one of the largest residential parcels in the Town of Remsen, over 100 acres, with 2 homes, and several additional structures. There are 1583 parcels in the Town of Remsen. This poor old guy and his dog's property is more valuable than more than 1570 of them. The assessment don't lie. Remsen enjoys the 2nd highest STAR tax exemption in the county. Average school taxes for all towns combined is $1788. Compare these numbers with HPCS, ACS, and PCS. You "NO" voters won't be so ready to consolidate. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Know what you are talking about before you regurgitate your hatred toward the School Board, school district and ultimately the future generation.
Resident

Northville, NY

#2 Jun 19, 2013
To all Remsen School supporters F.Y.I the Sweet Basil in Barneveld has a sign up applauding the budget defeat. Take that into consideration the next time you consider patronizing that establishment.
Herk

Lowville, NY

#3 Jun 19, 2013
Resident wrote:
To all Remsen School supporters F.Y.I the Sweet Basil in Barneveld has a sign up applauding the budget defeat. Take that into consideration the next time you consider patronizing that establishment.
. So does Super Shoes in barnaveld next to the door. Remsen didn't need more money. Look at how it was spent. On teachers who can't teach. So funny
Remsen

New York, NY

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Herk wrote:
<quoted text>. So does Super Shoes in barnaveld next to the door. Remsen didn't need more money. Look at how it was spent. On teachers who can't teach. So funny
If the teachers can't teach then why is there so many successful people that came out of that school. I'm proud to say that I'm a graduit from Rensen.
another vote?

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2013
Remsen wrote:
<quoted text>If the teachers can't teach then why is there so many successful people that came out of that school. I'm proud to say that I'm a graduit from Rensen.
Graduit? Lol yes u are definitely one of the many successful alumni !
Myopicalyptic

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jun 20, 2013
Problem is, the no voters are the ones who hate spending on ANY government program. The government IS the problem. Just as long as the government keeps their hands out of their Social Security and Medicare. Ahem
one of a kind

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 20, 2013
The vote has been taken and the verdict is in. The first thing the school board should do is appoint a committee to ferret out why the majority of the voters rejected the school budget and what they believe is wrong at Remsen. I strongly suggest that the committee should be comprised of voters who have voiced opposition to the budget and operation of the school in general. We have problems and we shouldn't sugar-coat them to make it look okay so maybe they'll go away.
Wes

Northville, NY

#9 Jun 21, 2013
one of a kind wrote:
The vote has been taken and the verdict is in. The first thing the school board should do is appoint a committee to ferret out why the majority of the voters rejected the school budget and what they believe is wrong at Remsen. I strongly suggest that the committee should be comprised of voters who have voiced opposition to the budget and operation of the school in general. We have problems and we shouldn't sugar-coat them to make it look okay so maybe they'll go away.
Why didn't these people run for the board seats there was just two open!!!!
one of a kind

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Who knows?
GO TEACHERS

Johnstown, NY

#11 Jun 21, 2013
The average school teacher's salary in HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA?$57,852!!!

http://www.salarylist.com/jobs/North-Hollywoo...

Hmmmmm....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barneveld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remsen Fire Dept. Car 4 1 hr Mikey 5
Jen vertucci Jul 27 xoxo 2
Has anyone ate at cuginis pizza in barneveld (Aug '12) Jul 26 rave review 70
This girl named Shawna Jul 25 Curious2 8
Pizza in the village? Jul 22 Piiiiiizzzzzzzzzz... 1
new salon in barneveld (Aug '13) Jul 22 She Is Doing Great 54
Valley side dairy Jul 18 Local 2

Barneveld Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barneveld Mortgages