helper of mankind

Syracuse, NY

#1 Aug 21, 2010
His lawyer is as much of a scumbag as he is to bust his hump to get this guy off!
agree

Pulaski, NY

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Not a chance for this guy I hope, but the lawyer will get rich. There's a lot of abuse that goes on still in those homes--everyone thought closing the Rome State SChool was the answer. hardly. It's just smaller and more secretive now. Ask anyone who works in a state home if they see abuse and you'll get a "Mum's the word," look on their face.
Barney

Watertown, NY

#3 Aug 24, 2010
Where did this happen? Is it in the news?
helper of mankind

Syracuse, NY

#4 Aug 24, 2010
His lawyer doesn't get rich on these criminal cases. Most of the scumbags he represents he represents with the money he steals from law abiding people who's child, etc, gets into a little trouble and he charges out the butt for something a public defender could do for free. Stephen D doesn't have th $$ Policelli charges!
helper of mankind

Syracuse, NY

#5 Aug 24, 2010
His latest charge came from his actions while an employee of CNYDSO. He worked in the local children's 12 bed home. Check out Sunday's OD for the story.
Barney

Watertown, NY

#6 Aug 25, 2010
I don't have a copy of the Sunday OD. I tried aearching the OD's website. But, I couldn't find anything. Do you have a link to the story? Thanks!
Here it is

Eagle Bay, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2010
Barney

Watertown, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2010
Thanks for the link. All I can say is WOW! What a sicko! It wouldn't surprise me if he got a pass on this because the ball got dropped by someone. Unfortunately, It seems like everything NYS does is louseey at best anymore. The sicko worked for NYS. How did he go undetected so long? Obviously, his coworkers knew he was a creep. They blew him in. But, nobody said anything until after he was in custody. Then, you have law enforcement, the labs, and the prosecution fumbling what should have been a slam dunk. Again NYS employees. I don't want to slam the good guys here, they have rough a job. But, someone goofed. All I hear is backpeddling when I read the article. There would be no need if due dilegence was done right from the start. I just hope they get it right this time and he doesn't skate.
Unions in part

Eagle Bay, NY

#9 Aug 27, 2010
The union process protects a lot of the staff who abuse the people in these houses. It's a well known fact. Staff very often get moved to another work place but are not terminated. You are right, there are many, many good state employees but the bad ones ruin all of their reputations. There is a "code" that you don't break it ounds like big city stuff but it isn't. Abusing some of the most vulnerable people there are? It could be your grandchild or your mother, or brother or sister, you never know when life will deal a person a rough time and a disability takes over their life. If you hear something get to your local police. That way you can be more assured that follow through happens. Contact relatives if you know them. Talk about it!!!! Demand better treatment! Your tax dollars run homes like that, please don't forget that either. Picture someone doing that to YOUR child. That's the only thing I ask you to do.
Disgusted of it all

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2011
Unions in part wrote:
The union process protects a lot of the staff who abuse the people in these houses. It's a well known fact. Staff very often get moved to another work place but are not terminated. You are right, there are many, many good state employees but the bad ones ruin all of their reputations. There is a "code" that you don't break it ounds like big city stuff but it isn't. Abusing some of the most vulnerable people there are? It could be your grandchild or your mother, or brother or sister, you never know when life will deal a person a rough time and a disability takes over their life. If you hear something get to your local police. That way you can be more assured that follow through happens. Contact relatives if you know them. Talk about it!!!! Demand better treatment! Your tax dollars run homes like that, please don't forget that either. Picture someone doing that to YOUR child. That's the only thing I ask you to do.
I agree with you one million percent. I am a state worker myself and although 99% of the people that I have worked with over the past years are great to the consumers the other 1% are not. You can put in alligations of abuse until your face turns blue but nothing ever happend to the person doing the abuse. You go in for interigation after interigation just to hear... "i didnt do it", "they are ganging up on me because they dont like me", "oh did that person tell you that? and how many times have they lied to you before?" Like you havd mentioned. They just get moved to another home to work in, sometimes several moves are made and alligations brought up before something is finally done about it. I am sorry to say that I did work in the home that the man who did this crime worked. Not at the same time thank goodness but all of the other employees that had worked with him as well did not know about his past. He was actually a good worker as I was told and seemed to be a good person. It just goes to say that you cannot judge a book by its cover. When it comes to working with individuals with disabilites the screening level should be elevated significantly. These people often cannot tell you what is bothering them or if something is wrong. It is also sad to say that to be a big boss in many of these homes all it takes is a G.E.D..... thats asking for trouble alone right there. I could go on about this issue for days but I could imagine that the trouble that I may get in for discussing this topic is far more of a punishment then one would get for actually abusing an individual.
Deliberate Indifference

Newton Center, MA

#11 May 17, 2013
Drunk administrators are a large part of problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barneveld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ever happened to ........ (Jan '12) 3 hr Wonder 16
drunk teenager (Dec '10) 8 hr geosan 12
Fire at the bakery (May '11) 8 hr geosan 10
joe rios (Apr '12) 10 hr wow 7
Car flips over, trapping victim, in Remsen acci... 12 hr take that shipman 11
DeGristina 23 hr ritzs 62
Tiffany Carr Thu tiffany 4
Barneveld Dating
Find my Match

Barneveld People Search