United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

With the election over, Morgan County needs to be fully informed of the wrong doings, corruption & criminal activities that are occurring in the department.
Along with the manhandling of minors, there is drugs being brought into the jail, deputies knowing of drugs & drug deals and doing nothing. Chief deputy wrecks his patrol patrol vehicle, while off duty. The new "transport vehicle" the commissioners were talked in to purchasing is being used as a patrol vehicle. On several occasions the wrong inmates being released, by the same jailer, with no repercussions. When staff does get reprimanded, they are forced to return earned comp-time. The staff not earning the required over-time allowance. Supervisors fraternising with their staff. Miss use of county fuel cards. Using county vehicles for personal use. Staff being told "this is the way it is, if you don't like it go find a McJob". Loaded weapons being stored in unauthorised areas. Employees bringing their children into the jail because they do not have a sitter. Deputies being told to remove competitors campaign signs. Sheriff telling lies about his competitor. Sheriff sending an inappropriate gift to his competitor. This does not sound like a person that "convents your prayers" All of this and much, much more all going on under the old mans nose. How many more years is Morgan County going to put up with this, you are being snowballed.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Wish this would have come out before the election, maybe he would not be sheriff. But I guess it's the same ole story, people are scared of change!
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

I can't help but wonder why this information was not made avaliable before the election?
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

I do believe Mr. Conklin did bring some of this information up at one of the meet the candidate dinners, as for some of the other information, you know it was covered up by Mr. Petty himself!
Before you ask, I am an employee @ MCSD, I am very discussed at how the employees are being treated and most are in fear of loosing their job for speaking out against management!
I do not know Mr.Conklin personally but, I feel he would have been a better choice and a fair sheriff!
Miser McSkinflint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

The peeple haz speeked. Shalom.
MCSD Employee

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Citizen of the year....that was the most ignorant post I have ever seen. It is quite obvious that you do not have a clue how the sherrifs department is ran, or what goes on there. Some of the things you said are complete bull crap, and other things you said have some truth behind them. For example...The certain Jail employee was not forced to take comp. time. There is this thing called suspension, and when you do something wrong, you get it. Instead of taking no pay on the suspension, the employee took comp. time. What a generous thing for the empoyees boss to do so their pay check wasnt short that month!!!! Doesnt sound so bad after all does it? As far as drugs being brought into the jail, deputies knowing of drugs & drug deals and doing nothing, the transport vehicle being used as a patrol car,staff not earning the required over-time allowance, Miss use of county fuel cards, Using county vehicles for personal use, Staff being told "this is the way it is, if you don't like it go find a McJob", Loaded weapons being stored in unauthorised areas, Employees bringing their children into the jail because they do not have a sitter, Deputies being told to remove competitors campaign signs, Sheriff telling lies about his competitor, and Sheriff sending an inappropriate gift to his competitor are all LIES! To me it sounds like you are an umhappy citizen that is upset that you alcoholic friend didnt get elected as sherrif. Yeah..maybe it would of been nice to have a kegger every day at work...but come on, we're professionals.:)
Get over it buddy!
Wondering

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

(QUOTE who="MCSD Employee")Citizen of the year....that was the most ignorant post I have ever seen. It is quite obvious that you do not have a clue how the sherrifs department is ran, or what goes on there. Some of the things you said are complete bull crap, and other things you said have some truth behind them. For example...The certain Jail employee was not forced to take comp. time. There is this thing called suspension, and when you do something wrong, you get it. Instead of taking no pay on the suspension, the employee took comp. time. What a generous thing for the empoyees boss to do so their pay check wasnt short that month!!!! Doesnt sound so bad after all does it? As far as drugs being brought into the jail, deputies knowing of drugs & drug deals and doing nothing, the transport vehicle being used as a patrol car,staff not earning the required over-time allowance, Miss use of county fuel cards, Using county vehicles for personal use, Staff being told "this is the way it is, if you don't like it go find a McJob", Loaded weapons being stored in unauthorised areas, Employees bringing their children into the jail because they do not have a sitter, Deputies being told to remove competitors campaign signs, Sheriff telling lies about his competitor, and Sheriff sending an inappropriate gift to his competitor are all LIES! To me it sounds like you are an umhappy citizen that is upset that you alcoholic friend didnt get elected as sherrif. Yeah..maybe it would of been nice to have a kegger every day at work...but come on, we're professionals.:)
Get over it buddy!(/QUOTE/)
I couldn't agree more. Even if it is "time for a change" it doesn't mean just any change will do. The public knew conklin was an irresponsible choice and they made their decision. Get over it.
Too much

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Another classic example of the wicked covering for eachother!
These are not lies!
MCSD Employee

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Too much wrote:
Another classic example of the wicked covering for eachother!
These are not lies!
Another Classic example of ignorance.
Betty B

Stover, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
(QUOTE who="MCSD Employee")Citizen of the year....that was the most ignorant post I have ever seen. It is quite obvious that you do not have a clue how the sherrifs department is ran, or what goes on there. Some of the things you said are complete bull crap, and other things you said have some truth behind them. For example...The certain Jail employee was not forced to take comp. time. There is this thing called suspension, and when you do something wrong, you get it. Instead of taking no pay on the suspension, the employee took comp. time. What a generous thing for the empoyees boss to do so their pay check wasnt short that month!!!! Doesnt sound so bad after all does it? As far as drugs being brought into the jail, deputies knowing of drugs & drug deals and doing nothing, the transport vehicle being used as a patrol car,staff not earning the required over-time allowance, Miss use of county fuel cards, Using county vehicles for personal use, Staff being told "this is the way it is, if you don't like it go find a McJob", Loaded weapons being stored in unauthorised areas, Employees bringing their children into the jail because they do not have a sitter, Deputies being told to remove competitors campaign signs, Sheriff telling lies about his competitor, and Sheriff sending an inappropriate gift to his competitor are all LIES! To me it sounds like you are an umhappy citizen that is upset that you alcoholic friend didnt get elected as sherrif. Yeah..maybe it would of been nice to have a kegger every day at work...but come on, we're professionals.:)
Get over it buddy!(/QUOTE/)
I couldn't agree more. Even if it is "time for a change" it doesn't mean just any change will do. The public knew conklin was an irresponsible choice and they made their decision. Get over it.
You could always send the drunk to Stover they have one for a Police Chief pled guilty to a DWI and still has his job. Great Judge
Miser McSkinflint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Don't blame the judge, Betty. Blame the idiot Mayor and Board who allow this embarrassment of the taxpaying public.
Eagle eye

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Citizen of the year cracks me up what a looser. Obviously a disgruntled employee who couldnt cut it and was probably demoted and cant get another job or is too lazy to get another job, and thought he would be promoted if Conklin won. Which is a scary thought.
This is all lies and if it was true and he is so offended by all the bad things goin on at the Sheriff's Office why doesen't Citizen of the friggin year go over the Sheriff's head and sign a complaint with the state that illegal activity is happening and then provide some proof of all this crap. What a pathetic little coward. Ba ha ha ha ha Good Laugh!!
Dingus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Eagle eye wrote:
Citizen of the year cracks me up what a looser. Obviously a disgruntled employee who couldnt cut it and was probably demoted and cant get another job or is too lazy to get another job, and thought he would be promoted if Conklin won. Which is a scary thought.
This is all lies and if it was true and he is so offended by all the bad things goin on at the Sheriff's Office why doesen't Citizen of the friggin year go over the Sheriff's head and sign a complaint with the state that illegal activity is happening and then provide some proof of all this crap. What a pathetic little coward. Ba ha ha ha ha Good Laugh!!
You are obviously one of the croonies!! Conklin may have not been any better, but that still means the sheriff is a crook!!!
Hahahaha

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Eagle eye wrote:
Totaly agree..........
Hahahaha

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Betty B wrote:
<quoted text> You could always send the drunk to Stover they have one for a Police Chief pled guilty to a DWI and still has his job. Great Judge
Hey waterboy, your back again running your mouth..........
Lieutenant Mike Nienhuis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Citizen of the year,

I don't have a problem with you having your own opinion, but I think that if you're going to through mud about the Sheriff's Office and the way things are handled within the Department, then you should at least have the balls big enough to sign your name instead of hiding behind a false name.

It is my opinion that this is chicken shit to hide behind a false name. There are actions in place at this time to fix the issues that you say are a problem.

If you feel the need to sling mud , maybe you should come to the Sheriff's Office and sign a formal complaint.
Concerned Citizen

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

I think it is amazing that grown people act this way. I am not even referring to the accusations. As we all know, they usually at least start from some sort of truth. I think most people who pay attention to what goes on with the people affiliated with Morgan County Sheriffs Dept. know the kind of people who are employed there. I hate to group everyone together, but certainly the higher ups are not setting any good examples, that is for certain. Kendall was insulted for being a boozing, partying, swinger. So Lieutenant Neinhuis, are you going to deny the multiple infidelities that you have been engaged in over the years? I think many of us know the stories of you and your wife being swingers. Need we even mention Mr. Harlan who sleeps with every female employed by MCSD or dispatch? Yet for some reason these are the people who our fine Sheriff chooses to run his crews. That alone is a problem. These are people who are supposed to be in a position of authority. People who our children look up to, and look at the examples being set. I know not ONE person at the MCSD is innocent enough to throw stones at anyone else, but I do believe you all should be setting an example as community leaders. I am disappointed about how things are handled, and if I knew a way to correct it without cleaning house and hiring all new staff I certainly would. I wish that Sheriff Petty would spend a bit more time supervising the things that are happening with his employees and make an example out of some of the ones who are not being positive leaders for the rest. There are good people who are trying to do a good job, but the good ol boy system screws that up for some. It seems to me it is an easy solution: Set higher standards for ALL of your employees, including the higher ups.
Lieutenant Mike Nienhuis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Stories, correct. Fiction stories which mean no truth
people get bored

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Lieutenant Mike Nienhuis wrote:
Stories, correct. Fiction stories which mean no truth
Couldnt be better said!!!!!!!!!! STORIES
Devils advocate

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

I don't know that it is anyone's concern what happens outside of the Sheriff's Department (within reason) it's not like these guys are doing drugs, engaging in illegal activites, or pulling guns on their wives, right? The Sherrif only hires people who set a good example to the public. It's always welcome to sleep with subordinates, right? It's ok for the men patrolling our roads to spend their time chatting with, and sleeping with dispatchers, right? I cannot for the life of me understand how you guys think this behavior is acceptable. Do what you want on your own time, but keep in mind you are always in the public eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barnett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barnett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••