Hurricane Sandy- Nautilus Rd., Libert...

Hurricane Sandy- Nautilus Rd., Liberty Street & Athena Way in Waretown

Posted in the Barnegat Forum

CSmith

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Can anyone tell me if they know extent of any damage or flooding in the Waretown area, specifically Nautilus Rd, Liberty Street, Athena Way in Waretown, NJ? I have friends that live there and cannot reach them. I do know they evacuated but that's all. Just wanted to be sure their homes made it.
JReget

United States

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Looking for info on Barnegat Beach Dr in Waretown!
Bridget

Jackson Heights, NY

#4 Oct 30, 2012
Don't have much info except that most cell phones are not working. Debris on the streets but my brother in law's house is ok. No word from him but at least this news is promising.
DGardner

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Oct 30, 2012
Looking for info on Lanoka Harbor. Have not been able to reach friends/family. Thank you.
Lynn H upstate NY

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 30, 2012
My good friends live on Midship Ave. in Manahawkin. Is that area under water? I would be so grateful for any info.
Thank you,
Best of luck to you all
Lynn
Mike

Woodbury, NJ

#7 Oct 30, 2012
Waretown has heavy debris and flooding. Power lines are down and trees are ripped up but as for damage... I live on Spinnaker and there is no damage to mine or my neighbors houses. Trees are a little messed up and landscaping ruined but houses are okay and flooding in this area is minimal.
waretown lover

Tuscaloosa, AL

#8 Oct 30, 2012
JReget wrote:
Looking for info on Barnegat Beach Dr in Waretown!
It is really bad my house is two houses from the bay and the house is filled with water. We are staying in the attic!
CSmith

United States

#9 Oct 30, 2012
waretown lover wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really bad my house is two houses from the bay and the house is filled with water. We are staying in the attic!
That is really sad! I hope you all are doing well. My dad and his girlfriend used to live in Waretown. Their friend is on Nautilus Rd on the bay...I am sure his house got some damage but we havent heard from him. I am pretty sure he got outta there. I wish you all luck and so sorry to hear about the devistation there. I wish I could do something to help. I am in FL. I am used to this stuff normally....just never experienced the damage that NJ & NY has gone through from this crazy huge storm.
CSmith

United States

#10 Oct 30, 2012
waretown lover wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S.- There is a Facebook Page called "Jersey Shore Hurrican News"
They are saying if you are trapped, please call 911 first then comment on their page because authorities are monitoring the page. If you are trapped, I can post something on there for you.
marie

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Oct 30, 2012
Looking for news about Harvey Cedars, NJ; New Haven, CT; Fire Island, NY;
Lynn H upstate NY

Utica, NY

#12 Oct 30, 2012
Found out my friends on Midship in Manehawkin are ok. Basement is full of water but didn't get to first floor. Hope this helps someone else maybe get some info.

I just prayed for all of you on this thread or whatever you call it.

I'm pulling for you all

Lynn
Dano

Bothell, WA

#13 Oct 30, 2012
Have you recevied any news regarding Lanoka Harbor? Good friends there and no word from them!
DGardner wrote:
Looking for info on Lanoka Harbor. Have not been able to reach friends/family. Thank you.
Oleg

Moscow, Russia

#14 Oct 31, 2012
I would appreciate any info on the situation at MANAHAWKIN OXYCOCUS road.

Can not reach relative living there during these days.
Elizabeth Bremerton Wa

Bremerton, WA

#15 Nov 1, 2012
Looking for my Aunt and Uncle they just moved to Brigantine Blvd. Any word on the damage there?
Rich from Pa

Atlanta, GA

#16 Nov 2, 2012
My parents have a boat located at Stan's Marina on Baltic Ave in Waretown. I am wondering if anyone can send a picture of the boatyard or update me with any information. Also can I get into the area. Thank you anyone with information
Michele

Holt, MI

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Everyone looking to find out about their loved ones, and homes in Waretown-- Please note you cannot access roads east of Rt 9, after dark without ID that proves you live on that street. Homes on the lagoons off of Bay Parkway have been flooded. The area will not have power until Nov 7 to 11 due to the extensive flooding/damage. Marinas in the area-- some boats that were tied tight were most likely damaged, those that were loosened up may have made it. West of Rt. 9 should be okay. Just to sum it up any houses that were within 5 blocks of the Bay or creeks were likely flooded. AT&T cell phones that are used EAST of the Parkway are having issues even still today so be patient. No deaths that I know of just lots of damage. Keep an eye on the Major Nor'easter coming Wed that will likely bring flooding again to the already devastated areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barnegat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New South Jersey Restaurant Delivery Service Jan 16 Chowgofer 1
Is there racism in Barnegat (Feb '10) Dec '17 New Gretna 26
Review: Auto Parts Warehouse (Nov '08) Dec '17 BarzOnTheWindow 9
Alicia Becker Nov '17 Guy 1
Recommendations for a good gynecologist in Mana... Nov '17 Sunny R 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Cherry Hill (Jan '15) Nov '17 Rebecca 83
Review: Mr Cuts (Mar '10) Oct '17 chrysbeach 6

Barnegat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance