Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

A ride-along is an enjoyable way in which the community can inteact with their local poice department and police in other towns, cities and counties outside of their own. It can be educational and fun. It is a great way to tour your city/town and see things you might not have known existed. Socializing with the patrolmen gives you and insight into daily events and common interests.
Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Some things you might consider before, during and after your ride-along:

Be considerate. If you are in a bad mood, having a bad day, or you don't feel well, reconsider the ride-along, call your police department and notify and officer that you will not be going.
Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

And Thank them.

while on the ride, you might consider asking them questions about their jobs to break up the monotony when not encountering criminal activity.
Write to me for list.

Say you and the officer are having a discussion and you disagree with him or her on that topic. Say OK and drop it. Dont get an attitude. Don't argue. Watch your tone of voice. Not that the officer is always correct, but you might not have all your facts straight either. You can always research his opinion later, and on your next RA discuss it again.
Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Whether you ar inside or outside the police vehicle, ALWAYS do as the officer instructs. Be curtious. Respond to questions with a "Yes, or No, Officer." Be respectful. They are there to provide you with a safe enviroment and an idea of what they encounter and experience while interacting with people like you and me, everyday.
Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Never, nerver, never touch the officer anywhere on their body! You might want to get their attention, or include them in joke or difuse a misunderstanding, no, no, no.
Do not stand too close, nor inside their personal space. I know from my personal experience, if strangers stand too close or touch me I have a COW!

A foot outside their extended arms is enough, unless otherwise instructed.
Anonymous

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

At the end of your ride, say Thank You! Be sincere. Tell them what a great time you had, especially the Momumental Moments.
The one time I went on a RA with an officer, he made me laugh so much, I could have fallen off my chair.
Police officers like to laugh too, and sometimes they have a wickedly good sense of humor.
Go Barling!

Sharon
skeleton 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Well, fiddle-dee-dee, I just mightah got myself fkd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barling Discussions

Search the Barling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr speller feller 28,673
doctors office closing (Jan '13) 12 hr Rameriz 11
Gangs!: how are they effecting Ft. Smith? (Nov '08) Wed Chaotik504 97
looking for a guy named.... Jul 8 not in gwood 2
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 232
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 254
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 933
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••