Why Does Ray Gosack Send Out Mass Email to City Employees?

Posted in the Barling Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Feb 22, 2013
City Administrator Ray Gosack sends out a mass email to all 900 city employees enforcing the proper protocol for employees voicing concerns.

Apparently, there have been 2, 3 or more city employees contacting board of directors about certain concerns within their immediate departments these employees felt weren't being heard or acted on by supervisors.

Ray stated in the article, "these actions are contrary to the city's policies, and undermine the form of government which Fort Smith voters have had in place for more than 45 years."

Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, but if a city employee had legitimate concerns and voiced those concerns to a supervisor and nothing was being done, wouldn't that city employee have a right as a Fort Smith taxpayer to feel free to voice their concern to a board member?

Do these city employees give up their rights as Fort Smith taxpayers because they are employed by the city? If the board of directors are voted in by the people to represent them, does that exclude city employees? Shouldn’t a city employee feel free to approach any board of director and be fully protected by those board of directors without the fear of any retaliation by city management?
typical hackjob

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Jack, you have no credibility.

The story came out about two incidents.

Not three.

Not More.

Just two. You are an ass.

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Feb 22, 2013
"Typical Hackjob",
Well, since you well informed about the two incidents, why muzzle city employees of their right to talk with board of directors?

Do city employees not have the same rights as all citizens of Fort Smith to voice their concerns to a member of the board?
Ozzy Osborne

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Feb 22, 2013
You asked 3 questions.

1. No, the employee should go to the personnel department or the city administrator. See Below

2. No the employee does not give up their rights as a taxpayer. But an employee of the city and a Fort Smith taxpayer are two different roles with different chains of command.

3. yes it is inappropriate for an employee to approach a board member about his job.

See: 14-48-117 (1) of the Arkansas Municipal code. Or From the City of Fort Smith Municipal Code Appendix A: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx...

6. Every effort will be made to encourage high morale by fair administration of human resources policies and by every consideration of the rights and interests of employees consistent with the best interests of the public and the city. This includes open and fair communication efforts between supervisors and employees. However, if an employee believes his or her rights and interests have not been sufficiently considered, he or she may follow a progressive resolution process by presenting the issue, either verbally or in writing, to:
a.
The employee's immediate supervisor. If the employee believes sufficient consideration of the issue is not achieved, then the employee may proceed to step b.
b.
The employee's department director. If the employee believes sufficient consideration of the issue is not achieved, then the employee may proceed to step c.
c.
The director of human resources. The director of human resources will meet with the employee and determine appropriate steps to achieve sufficient consideration of the issue. If the employee believes sufficient consideration of the issue is not achieved, then the employee may proceed to step d.
d.
The city administrator or his designee. The city administrator will determine any appropriate steps to achieve sufficient consideration of the issue. The city administrator's decision will be final.
e.
The resolution process outlined above is not, however, intended to be a formal grievance procedure and, consequently, is specifically not to be construed as to obligate the city to adhere strictly to the process or to obligate the city to any form of arbitration.

Jack you should do your homework before you spew such crap.
God forbid

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Feb 22, 2013
God forbid the city administrator administrates according to municipal code!

Jack, you can take the kettle of tar off the fire now.

Good luck getting those feathers back on the chickens!!!

ha ha ha ha!!!
have said

Fort Smith, AR

#7 Feb 22, 2013
gosack does not have the respect of the city employess because he has always been known as the tricky dicky manager and a back stabber! sorry but that my opinion and if there is doubt, ask dennis kelly?????

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Feb 22, 2013
"Ozzy"
NO ozzy, when a city employee feels he is not free to voice his concerns to his immediate supervisor, department director, HR, or the city administrator for whatever reason, that employee must have the right and the freedom to voice his concern to a director. I would hope that a city director, who supposedly represents the people would feel the same about a city employee as anyother taxpaying citizen

What was the municipal code Parks Director Mike Alsop tried to enforce during the Prepared Food Tax....that no one could petition in a public park. Not all municipal codes are about protecting the people, but protecting city hall.
Ozzy Osborne

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Yes Jack, until you change http://library.municode.com/index.aspx... The city ordinances say differently...and that's the law Jack.....

Are you talking in general terms when you reference a city employee or do you know specific circumstances pertaining to Gosack's memo. If you know specifics please share..... If not you are proposing a hypothetical scenario which advocates chaos. Even you know we have to have guidelines to govern personnel issues.

Your hatred for Gosack clouds your logic.
Ozzy Osborne

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Crazy Train
All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!
Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate
Mental wounds not healing
Life's a bitter shame
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train
Let's Go!
I've listened to preachers
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the dropouts
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you live the role
Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane
I know that things are going wrong for me
You gotta listen to my words
Yeah
Heirs of a cold war
That's what we've become
Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
Crazy, I just cannot bear
I'm living with something' that just isn't fair
Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
Damon

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Liberty13 wrote:
City Administrator Ray Gosack sends out a mass email to all 900 city employees enforcing the proper protocol for employees voicing concerns.
Apparently, there have been 2, 3 or more city employees contacting board of directors about certain concerns within their immediate departments these employees felt weren't being heard or acted on by supervisors.
Ray stated in the article, "these actions are contrary to the city's policies, and undermine the form of government which Fort Smith voters have had in place for more than 45 years."
Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, but if a city employee had legitimate concerns and voiced those concerns to a supervisor and nothing was being done, wouldn't that city employee have a right as a Fort Smith taxpayer to feel free to voice their concern to a board member?
Do these city employees give up their rights as Fort Smith taxpayers because they are employed by the city? If the board of directors are voted in by the people to represent them, does that exclude city employees? Shouldn’t a city employee feel free to approach any board of director and be fully protected by those board of directors without the fear of any retaliation by city management?
You know if you weren't critical on every move that Ray made you would have a little more credibility. But since anyone with the city can't do anything to suit you it just makes you look stupid.
crime

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Feb 26, 2013
not only do we have a bed bug problem, we have a corrupt city management problem and a high crime rate caused by a huge job loss problem! idle hands are tools of the devil!
corruption

Rogers, AR

#18 Feb 26, 2013
go ahead and say your slander. Please be as specific as possibl.e

And then call a good lawyer.
hmmmm

Fort Smith, AR

#20 Feb 27, 2013
crime rate in Fort Smith is 64% higher than the national average. This was reported in the democrat gazzette on Sunday. Then the local news channel reported the average traffic tickets are 35 per day in Fort Smith and only 5 or so per day in NWA.

So maybe the local force should focus on crime and not people going 5 mph over the speed limit?

Just asking.
crime pays

Fort Smith, AR

#21 Feb 27, 2013
not much money in catching criminals but big bucks in traffic tickets handed out to people that work! criminals usually don't pay their court fines but the working class do! just saying.

Fort Smith, AR

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Those are some very interesting numbers there, "Hmmmm"
outlandish charges made

Rogers, AR

#23 Feb 27, 2013
the charge made was city corruption.

put up or shut up. changing the subject doesn't negate the fact that you made an accusation that you can't back up.
blahblahblah

Fort Smith, AR

#24 Feb 27, 2013
Mepherson, KS strikes again! no numbers, no facts, just a lot of good ole BS!
striking distance

Rogers, AR

#25 Feb 27, 2013
idiot.

I don't need numbers or facts, your clan is making accusations of QUOTE city corruption UNQUOTE that you can't back up.

As they say, "You got nuthin'"

you birdbrain.
pay them no mind

Fort Smith, AR

#26 Feb 27, 2013
they wear tin foil hats and masterbate into pink panties. They just want to get your goat. This whole big corrupt city conspiracy has been spewed without proof for ages. They just have axes to grind.
readtimesrecord

Fort Smith, AR

#28 Feb 28, 2013
hahaha stupid! headlines today in times record say city tax revenues decline! everyone told you idiots that jobs in fort smith were in the toilet and you city mouth pieces thought that you could BS your way out of the problem and flush it away! read the times record stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr Mickey 9,996
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 hr WARRIOR 29,811
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 13 hr KatBrownKohl 226
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 16 hr KatBrownKohl 381
Van Buren Mayor 16 hr cindylou 1
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 17 hr KatBrownKohl 840
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 20 hr Hmm 265
•••
•••
•••

Barling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Barling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE