Maybe Barling Could Extend An "Olive ...

Maybe Barling Could Extend An "Olive Branch" to Ft Smith

Posted in the Barling Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Feb 11, 2013
I just wonder what would be the legal possibilities of Barling annexing Fort Smith? It could be great for small and startup businesses. Of course the Regional people wouldn’t like it, but then, the individual who works hard, plays by the rules could probably do well? Surely, Barling officials wouldn’t allow special interest groups to run the city and we might begin to see the city return to honoring competitive bidding?

I'm just saying, it might help us ALL grow and prosper
great idea

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#2 Feb 11, 2013
jerry barling is an ex federal marshal, a great businessman, and a great mayor for barling! interesting thought and it has been done before where the smaller entity consumes the much larger entity.
Ozzy Osborne

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Your so funny! Still not a real solution....
How Dare You

United States

#4 Feb 11, 2013
How dare you pose such a notion before speaking with the mayor of Barling first! Such arrogance! Who so you think you are? The King of Fort Smith?!! Suggesting such hypocrisy! If you had a thought you should have taken there in private before putting it in a forum. How dare you undermine Barling with your arrogance.

Since: Jun 11

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Feb 11, 2013
LOL, it does sound kinda arrogant and like a bully, for me to speak about Barling annexing Fort Smith before speaking to the mayor of Barling.

Of course "Ozzy", I gave my solution to the problem and i still stand by it, appeal the decision by the Ft Smith judge, unless Barling would seriously considering annexing Ft Smith, then i would help them with the annexing as much as I could.
Bullying Barling

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Liberty13 wrote:
LOL, it does sound kinda arrogant and like a bully, for me to speak about Barling annexing Fort Smith before speaking to the mayor of Barling.
Of course "Ozzy", I gave my solution to the problem and i still stand by it, appeal the decision by the Ft Smith judge, unless Barling would seriously considering annexing Ft Smith, then i would help them with the annexing as much as I could.
Quit bullying Barling and telling them what to do! Barling is just a small town with a small mayor and can't stand up to the likes of your arrogance!

What is good for the Kevin Goose is also good for the Jack Gander who dares to call the road to Barling black.:-)
barling

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#9 Feb 11, 2013
barling and its mayor are doing a great job for their citizens so maybe fort smith could learn from its neighbors! there appears to be good lessons to be learned about growth in NW arkansas, jonesboro, van buren, and barling. it all seems to boil down to quality of leadership and respect for the citizens of the communities and jerry barling is a great city leader!
Hamel sucks

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Damn Gramps...what happened to post 6 and 7? You getting your old ass beat down so much you have to run and hude behind Topix skirt? If you can't run with the big dogs, then get down off your old lady. Like the cabana boy did last night.
Hamel BS

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Might as well rename Barling as Van Winkle. It's nothing but a Fort Smith bedroom community and its future will be nothing more than hawking cheap wares to Fort Smith visitors - trying to get the first and last quarters of Fort Smith travelers. They are much like the trinket shammies on the boat docks of cruise ships in the Bahamas. Is that where you've learned to admire that flea bag town?
Hamel sucks

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Hamel BS wrote:
Might as well rename Barling as Van Winkle. It's nothing but a Fort Smith bedroom community and its future will be nothing more than hawking cheap wares to Fort Smith visitors - trying to get the first and last quarters of Fort Smith travelers. They are much like the trinket shammies on the boat docks of cruise ships in the Bahamas. Is that where you've learned to admire that flea bag town?
Some people like thee Bahamas and spend a lot of time there. It's a great tax dodge, he can keep an eye on his wandering spouse and plenty of young, tanned cabana boys...
barling

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#13 Feb 12, 2013
bet you wouldn't make that comment to jerry barling face to face or to the other jerry! come out and quit the internet stalking like some snidely coward! yes you are a coward who attacks ladies and imagined enemies! its the economy in fort smith that is the problem and not the messengers!
Ozzy Osborne

Fort Smith, AR

#14 Feb 12, 2013
barling wrote:
bet you wouldn't make that comment to jerry barling face to face or to the other jerry! come out and quit the internet stalking like some snidely coward! yes you are a coward who attacks ladies and imagined enemies! its the economy in fort smith that is the problem and not the messengers!
Ok so give us three concise solutions to improve the Fort Smith Economy. Leave out the editorial remarks and give me the ideas.
Citizen

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Feb 12, 2013
barling wrote:
Hey Lazarus...how come you're calling out the other guy ignoring my insults...?Tell you what...when you get back from Turtle Cay shoot me a line on here and we'll get together and discuss this situation ANYWAY you choose to. And while you're calling people out, JERRY, out about you come out and admit who you are?

And come out....OF THE CLOSET!!!!!
the goose is cooking

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#16 Feb 13, 2013
the goose is cooking and its starting to look like the citizen just can't cover up all the crapsack lies told to the people of fort smith so all that is left for "citizen" is to attack women and seniors! the clown "citizen" insults seniors, their wife, gays, business, good government policies, free speech, the will of the people, the constitution, and anyone that wants crapsack to just keep his word! really sad to see an intelligent individual owned by the current lying establishment and the people will win this battle when people of fort smith say enough is enough! goose stew anyone?
mounting evidence

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Feb 13, 2013
In another thread "the silver lining", several posters were the noting continuing interest in all things gay and references to trips involving "little boys" in the writings of the guy from the Bahamas. The evidence was so strong and convincing that they took the thread down.
Dan

Fort Smith, AR

#18 Feb 13, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lazarus...how come you're calling out the other guy ignoring my insults...?Tell you what...when you get back from Turtle Cay shoot me a line on here and we'll get together and discuss this situation ANYWAY you choose to. And while you're calling people out, JERRY, out about you come out and admit who you are?
And come out....OF THE CLOSET!!!!!
That's pretty good coming from someone who calls himself Citizen.
Missed it

Fayetteville, AR

#19 Feb 13, 2013
Hmmmm. I am thinking that this olive branch might have to be a lush and invitingly rich financial Green.
truth

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#20 Feb 14, 2013
since when does our great city leadership do anything that does not include a little booty for their favorite sons because the olive branch usually becomes a fat cat meal for a crony! they just won't settle for less!
try seeing the good

Rogers, AR

#21 Feb 14, 2013
truth wrote:
since when does our great city leadership do anything that does not include a little booty for their favorite sons because the olive branch usually becomes a fat cat meal for a crony! they just won't settle for less!
they do it all the time, you are just too jaded to see it.
kansas cover up

Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

#22 Feb 14, 2013
oh yes, the voice from Mcpherson, kansas who has no problem attacking innocent people and a wife or two of people that disagree with crony politics in fort smith, now wants to preach a new song! there is a whole lot of good in fort smith because the citizens are great people but there are too many problems caused by suspect city leaders and the only way to bring change is to point out and talk about the issues! people have remained silent for much too long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
monica rogers and jeremiah/missing kid 15 hr dad2016 1
bobby joe easley 17 hr fort smith man 1
Cliff Parks - Fort Smith Fire Fighter Jun 26 People Matter 4
moving to fort smith (Jan '12) Jun 11 Tanya 187
Gangs!: how are they effecting Ft. Smith? (Nov '08) Jun 7 Chakie0778 101
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Jun 3 bombastic 31,036
Jesselynn McCarty Is A Evil Witch (Jul '15) May '16 Karma 10

Barling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance