Singer Achieved Superstardom In Europ...

Singer Achieved Superstardom In European Opera -- Courant.com

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Sep 6, 2007, titled Singer Achieved Superstardom In European Opera -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Teresa Stich-Randall, 79, formerly of New Hartford, died July 17. Teresa Stich-Randall was a hometown celebrity, an opera diva renowned in Europe as a lyric soprano, although she was not well known in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

vg-vienna

Austria

#1 Sep 7, 2007
The article captures someof the rare qualities of this exceptional singer. There would be more to add and hopefully will be eventually.
Yvonne Fuller

UK

#2 Sep 29, 2007
I was saddened to hear of the death of Teresa Stich Randall, with whom I had sung in "Orphee aux Enfers" in Geneva, Christmas 1969. Her car accident was near Winchester in the county of Hampshire, UK, and when she was in hospital nobody knew who she was. However one of the staff had an uncle who was a famous music critic and because she was saying something about being a singer he was called to her bedside. She was able to talk a little to him and called him "The Man From The Met". Nobody seemed to 'claim' her for a long time and we both wondered what eventually happened. Can you let us know if there is any more information?
Yvonne Fuller

UK

#3 Sep 29, 2007
I remember her as full of life and fun and a terrific colleague. How very sad that she was not fully appreciated at home.
Yvonne Fuller

UK

#4 Sep 29, 2007
ymm,[email protected]

St Mawes, Cornwall UK, not Dartford

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barkhamsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News Alleged victim recounts sexual assault in '90s (Apr '08) Apr '16 cops are degenerates 84
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Topless women weekend (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ladonna C 1
News Ridgefield looks to renewed Economic Development (Apr '09) Mar '14 Daniel 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Connecti... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Amado Sigurdson 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Karena Krapp 20

Barkhamsted Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barkhamsted Mortgages