ron

United States

#1 May 23, 2009
Does anyone know when passes go on sale and beach opens?
Country Folk

Winsted, CT

#2 May 23, 2009
Ron,
Stancliff cove is reserved for residents of the area towns. You can only buy a pass if you are a resident. The public beach is on the other side of the peninsula opposite but not within view of Stancliff Cove.

The public beach can be a little different though. Most weekends you can learn Ebonics or Spanish just by hanging around the beach. Spend a little more time there and you can dig for diapers in the sand. After that you can marvel at all the gang members from Hartford that stake out turf there. You might even see them engaging in their favorite pass-time which is selling drugs right on the beach.

You see Ron that is why Stancliff is reserved for the local towns. You may own land up here. That would make you eligible to buy a pass to Stancliff. If not maybe you have a friend who will let you use theirs for the day (although that is not permitted and I would like to see a drivers license check as well.

It would be wonderful if people respected the public beach and did not behave as I described earlier. That is not the case though and all you need to do is spend a weekend at the public side to be convinced. You might even pick up a few new words!
ron

Waukegan, IL

#3 May 23, 2009
Thanks country folk. I live in Barkhamsted, don't know why this thing says cheshire. I just can't remember when it opens, yes I know public beach well, thats why we spend the money for stancliff, understand your answer because I live here also, we use stancliff mainly for kayak put in, so now you know I live in country with the country folk, do you know when it opens and when pass goes on sale, I didn't want to wait until tues to call town hall.See youn at the beach.
Wow

Bloomfield, CT

#4 Jul 5, 2009
Wow, Country Folk. You need to see the world or something. While I respect that you are complaining that people don't take care of the public beach...your observations smack of racism. There are plenty of people who speak in "average" American speak who can be trashy too. Perhaps you could tilt your head down just a tad.
Country Folk wrote:
Ron,
Stancliff cove is reserved for residents of the area towns. You can only buy a pass if you are a resident. The public beach is on the other side of the peninsula opposite but not within view of Stancliff Cove.
The public beach can be a little different though. Most weekends you can learn Ebonics or Spanish just by hanging around the beach. Spend a little more time there and you can dig for diapers in the sand. After that you can marvel at all the gang members from Hartford that stake out turf there. You might even see them engaging in their favorite pass-time which is selling drugs right on the beach.
You see Ron that is why Stancliff is reserved for the local towns. You may own land up here. That would make you eligible to buy a pass to Stancliff. If not maybe you have a friend who will let you use theirs for the day (although that is not permitted and I would like to see a drivers license check as well.
It would be wonderful if people respected the public beach and did not behave as I described earlier. That is not the case though and all you need to do is spend a weekend at the public side to be convinced. You might even pick up a few new words!
CountryMom

United States

#5 May 28, 2010
Country Folk wrote:
Ron,
I agree with you that people trash the public beach, but you don't have to be racist about it. And FWIW, Sanclift Cove is not restricted to town residents only - I live in an adjoining town and join each year.

It opens this year, as every year, Father's Day weekend. Passes can be purchased at the beach that weekend.
Father of two

Granby, CT

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Does anyone know what the membership fee for Stanclift cove is this year?
abc

Granby, CT

#8 Jun 28, 2010
Country Folk,
I agree with the comment that you made about the public beach. The Hartford people leave the beach like crap. No wonder why we pay so much for a beautiful beach.. But you don't need to be so racist.
Whong Chong

Granby, CT

#9 Jul 4, 2010
Father of two wrote:
Does anyone know what the membership fee for Stanclift cove is this year?
It is confedential
Py Yong Yang

Granby, CT

#10 Sep 23, 2010
Perlong chung 200 for 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barkhamsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home rentals 6-700. range (Nov '16) Nov '16 samsdamantha 1
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News Alleged victim recounts sexual assault in '90s (Apr '08) Apr '16 cops are degenerates 84
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Topless women weekend (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ladonna C 1
News Ridgefield looks to renewed Economic Development (Apr '09) Mar '14 Daniel 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Connecti... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Amado Sigurdson 14

Barkhamsted Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barkhamsted Mortgages