Rell expects grant to be awarded to fire training school

There are 2 comments on the Register Citizen story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Rell expects grant to be awarded to fire training school. In it, Register Citizen reports that:

Gov. M. Jodi Rell said she expects the state Bond Commission to award money to hire an architectural firm to develop plans to build a new regional fire training school here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register Citizen.

cari jansen morris ct

Westwood, NJ

#1 Aug 4, 2008
I recently attended the Burrville school that needs total renovation. Gov.Rell is making a wise decision, by choosing to renovate the school. Firefighting is an inherently dangerous job, and training should simulate actual fire situations as closely as possible. After all, these students volunteer to save lives. It is the states duty to see that they are trained to do so in a safe, functional learning environment. Have no doubt, despite huge limitations due to the age and disrepair of the school itself, our instructors managed to deliver a wonderful firefighting education. I think this time the state has noticed. Connecticut, you should be proud.

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 4, 2008
In a time where government seems dead set on letting infrastructure degrade, I am very glad to see this grant awarded. The fact that I live near the Burrvile fire department might have something to do with it :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barkhamsted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topless women weekend Jan '15 Ladonna C 1
shooting in the 1970's (Oct '12) Jul '14 Deb G 3
News Ridgefield looks to renewed Economic Development (Apr '09) Mar '14 Daniel 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Connecti... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Amado Sigurdson 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Karena Krapp 20
News CRRA Ordered To Make Payouts To Towns (Dec '07) Sep '13 Dodie Winterfeld 12
News Polling Places (Feb '08) Sep '13 Rueben Rollings 9
More from around the web

Barkhamsted People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]