Dee Downs is the worst landlord EVER
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ex tenant

Bardstown, KY

#21 Jul 14, 2009
i used to live at northgate. i was not trash like most of the people he lets move in there. it was all i could afford at the time, and it was slightly better than living out of my car. at least i could bathe there. there was a known prostitute, drug dealers, drug users, squatters, drunks... just loud, noisy, trashy people. there were a few decent people there, but not many. and then there's thurman's/don w's across the street, i think we all know what shows up there. horrible on friday and saturday nights.
high land springs

Antioch, TN

#22 Jul 18, 2009
i made a mistake buying a house from dee downs, he does not commit to his responsibilities he owe's me a lot from my house things that he promised to fix before i even close the deal but i am reporting him to the better business bureau and maybe suing him too. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS TO THIS MAN AND HIS ASSOCIATES
high land springs

Antioch, TN

#23 Jul 18, 2009
DEE DOWNS IS A CROOK DONT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN
wanting to know

United States

#24 Jul 18, 2009
high land springs wrote:
i made a mistake buying a house from dee downs, he does not commit to his responsibilities he owe's me a lot from my house things that he promised to fix before i even close the deal but i am reporting him to the better business bureau and maybe suing him too. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS TO THIS MAN AND HIS ASSOCIATES
Doesn't he have a maintenance man for his apartments? David ?
X EMPLOYEE

Coxs Creek, KY

#26 Jul 21, 2009
high land springs wrote:
DEE DOWNS IS A CROOK DONT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN
LET ME GUESS. YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE HE SWITCHED OUT APPLIANCES ON? HE PUT UPGRADED APPLIANCES IN HIGHLAND SPRINGS AND THEN AFTER CONTRACTS WERE SIGNED CHANGED THEM WITH LOW GRADE CRAP.
high land springs

Antioch, TN

#27 Jul 21, 2009
LET ME GUESS. YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE HE SWITCHED OUT APPLIANCES ON? HE PUT UPGRADED APPLIANCES IN HIGHLAND SPRINGS AND THEN AFTER CONTRACTS WERE SIGNED CHANGED THEM WITH LOW GRADE CRAP. nope thank goodness it wasn't me. i gonna sue for him for everything he's got
X EMPLOYEE

Bardstown, KY

#28 Jul 22, 2009
high land springs wrote:
LET ME GUESS. YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE HE SWITCHED OUT APPLIANCES ON? HE PUT UPGRADED APPLIANCES IN HIGHLAND SPRINGS AND THEN AFTER CONTRACTS WERE SIGNED CHANGED THEM WITH LOW GRADE CRAP. nope thank goodness it wasn't me. i gonna sue for him for everything he's got
make sure to include his wife (Julie)since i am sure all his money is in her name or the kids.
Tenant

Louisville, KY

#29 Jul 22, 2009
If you all are looking for properties to rent you need to look up Randy Edlen. He is an amazing landlord, he cares about his tenants and goes out of his way to make sure everything is in order before he rents a property and anytime anything goes wrong while you are living there you can assure yourself it will be taken care of quickly. I'm sure he won't stand for not paying your rent, just as a mortgage compnay won't stand for you not making a payment. I'm serious if you're looking for a good fair landlord that has a heart, look up Randy! He is great! Thanks Randy for all you've done for our family!
The Thomas family
same ol same

Bardstown, KY

#30 Jul 29, 2009
I've rented two apartments that dee downs has built. The first one was owned by someone who bought them from him, and the second one he was actually my landlord. First of all, HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T TAKE PRIDE IN ANYTHING HE BUILDS. The second was actually an "upscale" townhouse that looked nice at first, until we lived there for a month. The rent was OUTRAGEOUS for what we were living in. In the winter time, you could feel ICE cold air coming in under the cabinets, and in closets. In the summertime, it was the opposite. We had a one car garage and he didn't tell us until after we signed the lease, that there wouldn't be any powered garage door opener. He gave us some bull crap story about why there wasn't one even though it was wired for it, like we didn't know any better. He also didn't hesitate to take our deposit, one month before we moved in, to hold the place for us. Then, on our move-in date, told us that we couldn't move in because it hadn't been inspected. Then there were NO APPLIANCES!! And it's funny, but nobody I have ever spoken with has had ANYTHING at all, good to say about him. And I know a lot of people

The list is endless. In the end, he will pay for the low quality crap and irresponsibility, and inconvenience that has caused people. In the end, it will be his name that is tarnished and he will wish he took a little more pride in his profession, instead of just looking at dollar signs!
used to work for him

Newburgh, IN

#31 Jul 30, 2009
heard he shafted buzicks for over hundred thousand on houses he never sold
new renter

Bardstown, KY

#32 Aug 5, 2009
My boyfriend and I started renting from Dee at the beginning of this month. When we looked at the apartment he told us over the phone rent was 425 and when we moved in it changed to 495. he also had an ad in the paper for a $200 move in discunt, which we didnt get (he said that was for other properties he owned). A week before we moved in he gladly took our deposit (wanted the check made to his wife) and promised the carpets would be cleaned, a hole n the wall would be fixed, and the broken window replaced before we moved in. On the date we came to move in he was in the apartment with his vaccume cleaner. The apartment was still disquesting when he left and I had to scrub everything before we could move our furnature in, window still busted! Also yesterday I started doing the dishes only to notice my sink leaks! No telling when he'll get that fixed! Wish we would have read this thread before signing the lease!
Oldee moldy

United States

#43 Sep 1, 2016
Are we talking about the Dee Downs that just died in a car accident?
sad

Lawrenceburg, KY

#44 Sep 23, 2016
new renter wrote:
My boyfriend and I started renting from Dee at the beginning of this month. When we looked at the apartment he told us over the phone rent was 425 and when we moved in it changed to 495. he also had an ad in the paper for a $200 move in discunt, which we didnt get (he said that was for other properties he owned). A week before we moved in he gladly took our deposit (wanted the check made to his wife) and promised the carpets would be cleaned, a hole n the wall would be fixed, and the broken window replaced before we moved in. On the date we came to move in he was in the apartment with his vaccume cleaner. The apartment was still disquesting when he left and I had to scrub everything before we could move our furnature in, window still busted! Also yesterday I started doing the dishes only to notice my sink leaks! No telling when he'll get that fixed! Wish we would have read this thread before signing the lease!
I use to be a landlord til i got screwed but i use to rent so i know there is decebt ppl. Just to let u know if he doesnt hold up his end in taking care of his rentals and taking care of things that are broken, you dont have to pay rent. Note to all when i evicted my tentant i went to sheriff office and they told me that i could give 30 day notice but they could stay for a total of 90 days and there is NOTHING i could do. So before he screws u. Screw him. And if he takes u to court. Take pics of everything and anything. Bc if u can prove its not livable u can breaks lease. Dont let this dead beat treat u this way
Ronda T

Melrose Park, IL

#45 Oct 19, 2017
Tenant wrote:
If you all are looking for properties to rent you need to look up Randy Edlen. He is an amazing landlord, he cares about his tenants and goes out of his way to make sure everything is in order before he rents a property and anytime anything goes wrong while you are living there you can assure yourself it will be taken care of quickly. I'm sure he won't stand for not paying your rent, just as a mortgage compnay won't stand for you not making a payment. I'm serious if you're looking for a good fair landlord that has a heart, look up Randy! He is great! Thanks Randy for all you've done for our family!
The Thomas family
Do you have any contact info for Mr. Edlen?
Forsure

Louisville, KY

#46 Oct 19, 2017
to be honest wrote:
I am a land lord, and to be honest 9 times out of 10 most people that i have rented to, tear the place up, and always have some lame excuse as to why they can not pay there rent on time....I know run credit checks, check references. Most anyone with good credit buys homes, and landlords are stuck with what's left......Before I get bashed.....there are good tenants out there, but in general the landlord takes the screwing.....
Ur right.Thats why rent is so expensive because people don't take care of stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 3 hr I Eat Poo Poo 89
Houck and Rogers 3 hr Mike 297
40,000 Copeland 6 hr Ratchet 12
Right to work - you donít have to join 11 hr Seethelight 14
kurts Fri Gale 2
Cyndi Newton Fri Stacey 13
sydney warren (Oct '09) Fri Eric 9

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance