fired nurse at flaget hospital

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: May 09

altonville, ga

#1 May 21, 2009
Has anyone got any inside info about her case of being fired for having breast cancer?
terrible

Holland, MI

#2 May 21, 2009
abc45 wrote:
Has anyone got any inside info about her case of being fired for having breast cancer?
leave her alone, don't talk about someone with cancer on here. Please she is going through enough already. You put it on here and someone that doesn't like her, is going to start trashing her.

altonville, ga

#3 May 21, 2009
I wasn't meaning anything that has to do with her condition. I want the community to hear more about the type of management that is running our community's only hospital.
terrible

Holland, MI

#4 May 21, 2009
abc45 wrote:
I wasn't meaning anything that has to do with her condition. I want the community to hear more about the type of management that is running our community's only hospital.
I can tell you that Flaget treats it's employees like dirt. They have horrible insurance and they have no compassion for their employees. I thought it was a catholic hospital but apparently not. She is not the first person, they have fired unjustly, but yet there were other people with health conditions and missed alot of work, but did not get fired..
nurse

Round Rock, TX

#5 May 21, 2009
My understanding is that she wasn't fired. Like a number of other hospitals and other places of business her position was terminated after her 12 weeks of long term disability. She wasn't fired from the hospital, it just means the position she held could not be held any longer for here. If she gets better, and I hope she does, the hospital will have to offer her another position, it just won't be the one she held. They can't hold onto positions for someone who can't work at that time, that puts them sort staffed.
laws

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 May 21, 2009
Family Medical Leave Act was put into place for people with illnesses or their family members, to protect an employees position during extended illness. The proper paper work is filed after and employee misses a total of 32 hours of work. This act safe gaurds their position for 12 weeks. AFTER 12 weeks the facility can fill the persons position. After 12 weeks their position is no longer safe gaurded, and may be legally filled. This is the same laws at Flaget as it is in any other work place. You have to be employeed somewhere for 1 year and you get 12 weeks every 12 months. The proper paper work has to be filed and filled out by a physican, and you have to return to that position by 12 weeks. Im sure it is unfortunate that she lost her job after being employed there for so long, however the rules are the rules. They are played for you, me, and everyone else. A facility can not have an opening for an extended, or unknown, amount of time, without having to hire someone to adequately cover it. I dont see that the facility has done any wrong.

altonville, ga

#7 May 21, 2009
There is some truth to the fact that some employees are unjustly fired or reprimanded while others that do the same things seem to never get in trouble. I have a 20+ year working history with Flaget and there is still good patient care being practiced there but the atmosphere from most of management is uncomfortable.It in no way resembles the feeling of "family" that it used to in the old days.
CHI has not helped in that respect either. It makes it more of a corporate feel.
Dee

Bardstown, KY

#8 May 21, 2009
It's nice to know my local Catholic hospital is so ethical!
luvin my Chevy

Bardstown, KY

#9 May 21, 2009
Dee wrote:
It's nice to know my local Catholic hospital is so ethical!
Sounds Ethical to me.I feel for the lady...I really do...but when You have to take a family member to the Hospital for care you would like for it to be fully staffed so they can get the care and attention they need.I'm sure they will have a position of some sort for her when she gets better.I wish her well and prayers.
Sassy

Chaplin, KY

#10 May 21, 2009
laws wrote:
Family Medical Leave Act was put into place for people with illnesses or their family members, to protect an employees position during extended illness. The proper paper work is filed after and employee misses a total of 32 hours of work. This act safe gaurds their position for 12 weeks. AFTER 12 weeks the facility can fill the persons position. After 12 weeks their position is no longer safe gaurded, and may be legally filled. This is the same laws at Flaget as it is in any other work place. You have to be employeed somewhere for 1 year and you get 12 weeks every 12 months. The proper paper work has to be filed and filled out by a physican, and you have to return to that position by 12 weeks. Im sure it is unfortunate that she lost her job after being employed there for so long, however the rules are the rules. They are played for you, me, and everyone else. A facility can not have an opening for an extended, or unknown, amount of time, without having to hire someone to adequately cover it. I dont see that the facility has done any wrong.
This 12 week thing is the bare minimun..Not all businesses follow this standard.. My place of business has a 6 month in one year before your in danger of being terminated, and in some cases there has been extentions..It is a large Co. of at least 500 employees..

So, I'm assuming that this nurse also lost her insurance??
ChestertheMolest er

Barnesville, OH

#11 May 21, 2009
Folks if you work for someone else you're just a number
Heartbreaking

Georgetown, KY

#12 May 21, 2009
I hope she gets well and can go back to work at a REAL HOSPITAL.
Sassy

Chaplin, KY

#13 May 21, 2009
ChestertheMolester wrote:
Folks if you work for someone else you're just a number
Unfortionately that is too true!! I hope she gets better too; and I hope she still has her health insurance!!!!
It_is_really_unf ortunate

Nashville, TN

#14 May 21, 2009
I know that that media tells one story. The fact of the matter is that she is loved and missed in the hospital. We all want to believe the worst about companies, but Flaget really did work hard to do the best for her. From what I hear, she was offered to stay on or be removed from her position and get long term disability. I am not sure there are any companies that you can hold a position and still get long term disability. If you go to get long term disability from the government, you cannot have a job and still get long term disability. It is sad because I know alot of people that really worked hard to help her at Flaget. She is a good person that has alot of bad shit happen to her but that doesn't mean Flaget did it to her. The people there love her and want nothing but the best for her. Sometimes people need someone to be angry at. I just wish the media heard how much people at Flaget, including management cared about her and wanted to help her. They raised money with benefit dances, bake sales, raffles. All of hte hospital supported that, includeing admiistration. We love her and want her to only be healthy and happy.
curious

Nashville, TN

#15 May 21, 2009
Does anyone know a jeff cissel in Bardstown?

altonville, ga

#16 May 22, 2009
Whether the FMLA issue is valid or not, Flaget has changed for the worse since CHI was formed in my opinion.It may have helped with buying power on supplies and such but there is no personal touch there.While I was associated with them, no one is administration even knew my name except for the immediate supervisors.
Keep in mind that Flaget Memorial Hospital is very, very important to this community and there are some very skilled, dedicated, and hard working nurses, techs, aides, etc.still there but one has to wonder why some many long term experienced nurses have quit in fairly short frame of time.
hmmm

Holland, MI

#17 May 22, 2009
It_is_really_unfortunate wrote:
I know that that media tells one story. The fact of the matter is that she is loved and missed in the hospital. We all want to believe the worst about companies, but Flaget really did work hard to do the best for her. From what I hear, she was offered to stay on or be removed from her position and get long term disability. I am not sure there are any companies that you can hold a position and still get long term disability. If you go to get long term disability from the government, you cannot have a job and still get long term disability. It is sad because I know alot of people that really worked hard to help her at Flaget. She is a good person that has alot of bad shit happen to her but that doesn't mean Flaget did it to her. The people there love her and want nothing but the best for her. Sometimes people need someone to be angry at. I just wish the media heard how much people at Flaget, including management cared about her and wanted to help her. They raised money with benefit dances, bake sales, raffles. All of hte hospital supported that, includeing admiistration. We love her and want her to only be healthy and happy.
Yeah firing someone while they are ill, helps them get better, I am sure extra stress when you have cancer is very healthy. Why was she told in the hallway when she came for bloodwork?? Why was she not called and asked to come in? Were they afraid she would bring legal representation with her then?? I know more about flaget hospital than you think I do and I know how they treat their employees. I know someone that works there that had to be off alot longer than the sanders girl, but she was not terminated or "replaced". Her job was waiting for her when she came back. Flaget is such a great place to work.
1234abc

United States

#18 May 23, 2009
It_is_really_unfortunate wrote:
She is not getting long term disability from the government! It is from an insurance company.
She lost her health, vision and life insurance. She was given the chance ha!! She was told if she could not come back to work she would be terminated! Yeah they did tell her they would hire her again!!! But she would start all over
again,just like a new hire! With the time and experience she had...that is just not right!
Butterbutt

Barnesville, OH

#19 May 23, 2009
if you think because flaget has a big cross don't think they give sh!t about anything but the money
not good

Bardstown, KY

#20 May 24, 2009
Butterbutt wrote:
if you think because flaget has a big cross don't think they give sh!t about anything but the money
they seem great when everything is going well. lots of great friends. close little family. it all is quickly pulled out from under you before you know what happened. they act like they support you, then blindside you with corp. bullshit. they rules and regulations pop out.they have no compassion or sympathy. that is what their motto is.what a joke.
you got screwed like a few others have. good luck. hope you recover well jennifer! good nurse, better person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andi Devall / Coulter 14 hr Andi 3
Keystone in Bardstown only showing a few movies? 15 hr DiS 7
ok if u have been charged with fourth degree as... (Oct '10) 18 hr Lying 23
Sheriff chicken Mattingly please shut up 20 hr Recall 8
What happened at Karia's benefit 20 hr Recall 4
Royalty will not be recalled or removed 20 hr Recall 9
Anyone know this chick??? Thu Yup 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages