created by: P U N I S H E R 1990 | Mar 1, 2010

Bardstown, KY

126 votes

Why do you stiff the pizza delivery driver?

Click on an option to vote

• waited too long
  • you are cheap
  • do not like the driver
  • they did something wrong
  • YOU ARE A CHEAPSKATE
  • you are too good
  • other and explain
Comments
1 - 20 of 151 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 24
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
pizza pizza

Bardstown, KY

#1 Mar 1, 2010
I never do that- i figure those guys/ girls gotta make a living too.- they are not doing it for fun!! Be kind to those guys!! Give them a decent tip!!
wow

Bardstown, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2010
I thought they figured that into the total cost of the pizza. You know, the "delivery fee"? Sometimes if I have some extra cash in my pocket at the time I will give them a tip. Sometimes I pay with a credit card and add my tip to the card. So I guess the drivers don't really know that I tipped them while paying with my credit card online or on the phone.

“wishing”

Since: Sep 09

around your neighborhood

#3 Mar 1, 2010
that is true ,the delivery fee run down the tips im sure ,but those guys and gals are still good people, i do what im able ,cause i dont order as much as i used to
huhh

Chaplin, KY

#4 Mar 1, 2010
What is the delivery fee for if it doesn't go to the delivery guy? I always assumed it did, plus I'll give the guy a buck or two more. But if hes not getting the delivery fee then I guess he is getting screwed!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 1, 2010
i read somewhere that they get $1 of the $1.25 delivery fee.
i think

Bardstown, KY

#6 Mar 1, 2010
They are already charging a delivery fee to begin with. Sounds like the delivery drivers should discuss their tip or lack there of with the place they work for. Also why tip if you have to meet at a certain place because they do not deliver the couple extra miles to ones home? It is just as much an inconvience for me to meet them and they still charge the fee eventhough they are not techinally delivering. They should either deliver to your home/work etc or have it as carry out only. This meeting in the middle is a total rip off for the customer and the driver.
NoWay

Shelbiana, KY

#7 Mar 1, 2010
I don't I feel, They need to make a living as well as I do. I aways tip!
just the tip

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2010
here's a tip! get a real job...
knowall

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Mar 1, 2010
Ok, here's how things are done. Drivers get 450 an hour, and 75 cents a run, no tips are figured in. After you make so many runs they usually won't let you deliver, and have you help out inside. You are allowed to take 2 maybe 3 runs at time, depends on where they are, how close and all that. So delivery people really don't make that much. You furnish your own gas, insurance, and all that.
wow

Bardstown, KY

#10 Mar 2, 2010
So when I add my tip to my credit card online it is a tip for who??? I guess the delivery guy never sees that? Who pockets that money??? That isn't right. I won't be adding my tip to my card anymore.

Since: Apr 09

Louisville, Ky

#11 Mar 2, 2010
I don't know what pizza place 'knowall' is talking about, but I worked for Dominos for three days once as a delivery drivery. I got paid minimum wage plus tips. A delivery fee was added to bills when the gas prices started to rise a couple years ago, that fee is specifically for the driver's gas. A tip on the other hand is meant as a gratuity to add to the paycheck. Any online transaction tips get added to the paycheck, but are taxed. Cash tips are not taxed.

I didn't work for Dominos long because the manager was fixated with keeping up her daily time. She would 'send out' pizzas in the computer before they even left the store so she would look good to corporate. I was also almost always late because I was doing this in a big city, where anyone who wanted a delivery pizza didn't have a car to go get it thus not really having the money to tip. My last run was in an alley way to a crack head, lol. Delivery drivers can sometimes make pretty decent money if tipped, but that's when I was still a teenager.
nope

Bardstown, KY

#12 Mar 2, 2010
people in Bardstown are cheapskates of the highest caliber. Not only do they stiff pizza delivery drivers they don't tip waitstaff at restaurants very well either. Obviously most people never worked in the food service industry and don't realize that pretty much all the money you make is in your tips.
Local Driver

United States

#13 Mar 2, 2010
Ok lets clear the air to start.....
I work of one of the pizza places in town and have been for over 4 years. So you are get this straight from the horses mouth.
1. Delivery Fee added to order for using their car. Gas, and Insurance ect. The driver get a certian amount normally alittle over a $1.00 the store gets the rest. WHY? I have NO IDEA
2.Credit Cards Tips yes we do see those and are very thankful for them but yes we do have to pay taxes on them.
3. Most drivers make Min Wage plus tips which you figure you work 3 maybe 4 hours a night isnt much but it helps.

Now here is what i have found there is NO and I mean NO way to tell if you are getting a tip. I have deliveried to Maywood and gotten Stiffed and then went to a lower income area and got a $5.00 so you never really know what to expect. I always try to treat everyone the same and be friendly.

Now here is my quote for all the CHEAPSKATES and you know who you are. Those repeat no tippers ever wonder why it takes so long for the drver to get there? If we take more than one run YOU WILL BE THE LAST ONE I DELIVER TOO.

Now For "i think" if you offer to tip the driver $5 normally they will be happy to go to your house within a reasonable distance but lets be really I am not going to New Haven for $5. I can only say open a pizza place there.
nope

Bardstown, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2010
We tip at least $5 everytime. I didn't realize that was a big tip. Next time I'll wait for the hot driver to give him $5! LOL!! BTW what happened to all the hot drivers?
Local Driver

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2010
LOL guess depends on what you think is hot?
Seriously

Bardstown, KY

#16 Mar 2, 2010
knowall wrote:
Ok, here's how things are done. Drivers get 450 an hour, and 75 cents a run, no tips are figured in. After you make so many runs they usually won't let you deliver, and have you help out inside. You are allowed to take 2 maybe 3 runs at time, depends on where they are, how close and all that. So delivery people really don't make that much. You furnish your own gas, insurance, and all that.
Sounds like you need to get a new job, because you're getting screwed. I cannot figure out what incentive that the employer would have for only letting you do a certain number of deliveries. What would a delivery boy do after they are not allowed to deliver anymore pizza?
REALLY NEW JOB

Bardstown, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2010
Really? Have you seen the economy??? Don't look down your nose at pizza delivery people...
-I've seen former bankers become delivery drivers after their bank downsized
-For some people these are second jobs
-Teenagers have to take whatever they can get
-I would LOVE if my exhusband had the cojones to 'lower' himself and get a pizza delivery job (vs the NO JOB) he has right now
- To those who 'dis' these people... I hope you are never in the position where this type of job would be the only way for you to earn an income! AND I hope someone SPITS on your next pizza!!
BTW- not a huge tipper, but not a stiffer...ordered Sunday, tipped $3.50 for $22 order.

“wishing”

Since: Sep 09

around your neighborhood

#18 Mar 2, 2010
i do the same , someday, if i havent already been the pizza guy

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 2, 2010
i'm not saying don't tip, i always tip and so should you, but delivery drivers still make more without tips than people think. when i worked at domino's (this was before the delivery fee started, i think - it's been a while) payed $5.50 starting, which was a little more than minimum wage at the time. they got paid mileage, plus tips. i don't know about gas or insurance compensation - they make more than waitresses to help make up for those two things. they weren't limited to a certain amount of deliveries. once it slowed down, drivers would be let off (there was no set time to get off), first to come in was first to go unless they wanted to stay, then they'd ask the next person if they wanted to leave. one driver always had to stay and "close", doing dishes or whatever. i don't know how it is now, but you used to make pretty good money there.

“Where's the snow ???”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Mar 2, 2010
We don't order pizza very often, but we do tip every time, it's worth a few dollars to me not to have to get up... drive into town to pick it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 24 min LMS 1,249
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min Limbertwig 151,106
Single moms 4 hr shadow 19
Nice gay Bar (Aug '09) 4 hr hmm 88
Bartons 6 hr thankful to have ... 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 14 hr Reality 16,145
Cinco De Mayo 14 hr Janae 4
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bardstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••