Town and Country Bank
truth

Bardstown, KY

#41 Mar 13, 2011
ontheinside wrote:
Seems to me that everyone is so quick to find things wrong with this situation! Granted, it is crappy that several employees were let go. Especially with the amount of time that they had put into the bank. But all of you seem to forget the fact that this is happening everywhere!!! The economy is in the shits! With no disrespect meant to those who were let go, I would rather see 5 or 6 people gone than to see the whole bank close! Yes this is a small town and the bank has prided itself on the small town feel. However, when monies are lent to people because of who their great granddaddies uncle was instead of whether or not they qualify for the lending, these types of things happen. I for one am glad to see someone stepping in and trying to save the bank! The past executives are what got us in this mess to begin with!
So tell me, other than the former president, what have the people let go in Nelson Co. have to do with the problems at the bank???????... crickets chirping.
zoom zoom

Bardstown, KY

#42 Mar 13, 2011
ontheinside wrote:
Seems to me that everyone is so quick to find things wrong with this situation! Granted, it is crappy that several employees were let go. Especially with the amount of time that they had put into the bank. But all of you seem to forget the fact that this is happening everywhere!!! The economy is in the shits! With no disrespect meant to those who were let go, I would rather see 5 or 6 people gone than to see the whole bank close! Yes this is a small town and the bank has prided itself on the small town feel. However, when monies are lent to people because of who their great granddaddies uncle was instead of whether or not they qualify for the lending, these types of things happen. I for one am glad to see someone stepping in and trying to save the bank! The past executives are what got us in this mess to begin with!
On the outside you have no ideal what you are talking about. The people they let go had nothing to do with the bank problems. It is the board and who they hired to run the show. They brought in a big time banker from a big city to ruin this bank. Ms. Murna Shelburne ran a tight ship and had this bank on the up and the past board members also new when to say no to bad deals. If you think that getting rid of 5 or 6 people will save this bank then you must live in a dream world. What if one of those people were your wife, husband, mother, father sister or brother would you still feel the same. I think not!!!!
now I get it

Bardstown, KY

#43 Mar 14, 2011
zoom zoom wrote:
<quoted text>
On the outside you have no ideal what you are talking about. The people they let go had nothing to do with the bank problems. It is the board and who they hired to run the show. They brought in a big time banker from a big city to ruin this bank. Ms. Murna Shelburne ran a tight ship and had this bank on the up and the past board members also new when to say no to bad deals. If you think that getting rid of 5 or 6 people will save this bank then you must live in a dream world. What if one of those people were your wife, husband, mother, father sister or brother would you still feel the same. I think not!!!!
You just summed up this whole thread by your last statement in your response. Wow!
You can tell that people are losing their jobs right now. A lot of the threads on topix are about trashing the businesses they worked for. You can tell because there is information being put on here that your average costomer wouldn't know.
I Know

Louisville, KY

#44 Mar 14, 2011
Anybody actually read the prospectus for the new shares issued with the salaries for the COO, Mr Ledford and the Chief Credit Officer? They are all making $260k per year plus Ledford has been getting paid additional since retired. Shame on you board members for allowing this!
The Board has nobody to blame for this mess but themselves. They approved all those decisions for the bad loans and allowed Ms. VanSteenlandt to come in and conduct a management study and pick a spot out for herself at the helm. Sorry Mr. Wathen but you've got to go to make way for the witch! Then she will be given complete reign to dispose of anyone in her way to bring in her own croonies. Once again, shame on you board of directors for allowing this.
If the Board must truly raise $10M to save this institution and all they could come up with so far was $2M, then all workers should start seeking alternative employment. The bank will not continue to exist with this lack of leadership. Charles Moore, Gregory Smith and the majority are all a joke! All are 2nd generation kids riding their daddy's coat-tails who have no business sense what-so-ever.
Awesome

Bardstown, KY

#45 Mar 14, 2011
I just wanted to post and say topix is awesome and this is a great place to hold this conversation, I think they should put "the who" on all the bank boards and let him/her make all the decisions, "the woo" and all others that even respond to this post seem to be a very intelligent individuals. I do realize I have lowered myself to your level by posting, and yes I wish I never saw this but at this point it is too late.
Truth

Bardstown, KY

#46 Mar 14, 2011
I could go on all day about my thoughts and opinions of TCBT. First of all I truly feel for those that lost their jobs with TCBT. TCBT was their family and they WERE a family. I can not imagine what those ppl are going through right now. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. I truly did not understand the reasoning behind all the terminations, but one person made it very clear. Why pay someone who has been there 20 plus years high salaries and put them in a teller postion when you can hire a teller in at a much lower salary. That makes since, not that I agree with it. As far as dedication to the employees (what they are use too). All dedication is off. We all know that when it comes down to it, MOST are out for number one (themselves) forget about everyone else. Very SAD!!!

As someone who knows all of the ppl at TCBT what makes it even more upsetting is not only seeing ppl loose their jobs, but making stupid decision within the bank. They move one particular employee from a training position to a VP position. Mind you, this person couldn't even do their job in their past position. They hire some Becky person (who is Denises good friend) and she gets chummy chummy with the problem children within the bank and treats the Great employees like red headed step children. What the Heck. It just blows my mind. When the bank is suffering so much, the board truly needs to look at the decision making within the bank, because I don't think they have a clue what is going on.

From my understanding they are going out and trying to get stockholders to invest more $$$ into the bank. My question would be why should we invest more when bad decisions are still being made. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be able to invest with the decisions that are being made at this time.
had enough

Bardstown, KY

#47 Mar 14, 2011
I agree with I know. Since World War ll the bank has used the buddy system to appoint directors to the board. Gregory Smith, Charlie Moore and the rest are on the board because of connections only. Bill Conway head of the board will due the bank in. He dumped Jill Hill a loyal and faithful employee and replaced her with his son who had less than a year of full time banking experience. This was a personnel move which borders on gross negilence. Transactions like this will ruin the bank and it is coming soon. The bank is anything but fair to its employees. How does Raffo Wimpsett keep his job with all the bad loans? He is head of the loan department. If anybody made bad decisions, it would be him.
another

Bardstown, KY

#48 Mar 14, 2011
May not have a lot of money in the bank like some people. but i think i will be moving to another bank
the WOO

Bardstown, KY

#49 Mar 14, 2011
Awesome wrote:
I just wanted to post and say topix is awesome and this is a great place to hold this conversation, I think they should put "the who" on all the bank boards and let him/her make all the decisions, "the woo" and all others that even respond to this post seem to be a very intelligent individuals. I do realize I have lowered myself to your level by posting, and yes I wish I never saw this but at this point it is too late.
Thanks very much you know what really BUGS me is the people that still want to LICK the BOARDS A$$ because they are who they are Because some people think they may get ahead if I carry their POP tray around. Get over it and tell these old names and money lords to go get F$$ked and run this like it business They need to sell cars. They are ????????
the WOO

Bardstown, KY

#50 Mar 14, 2011
Awesome wrote:
I just wanted to post and say topix is awesome and this is a great place to hold this conversation, I think they should put "the who" on all the bank boards and let him/her make all the decisions, "the woo" and all others that even respond to this post seem to be a very intelligent individuals. I do realize I have lowered myself to your level by posting, and yes I wish I never saw this but at this point it is too late.
OHHHHH I forgot the movie FULL METAL JACKET I love his saying YOU want The TRUTH you cant handle the truth. pull it up on youtube watch it. IT will make you want to go downtown and throw the board out the window. TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT>>>>>> >>>>>>
Criminals

Louisville, KY

#51 Mar 15, 2011
Truth wrote:
However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there were poor choices made in lending. "ontheinside" tell the people something they don't know. Why aren't the loan officers who made the bad loans being held responsible?? I think Raffo is a good man but HE KNEW ABOUT THE LOANS! The BOARD KNEW ABOUT THESE LOANS. Toss out those with dirt on their hands
This issue is white-collar crime at its greatest!!
Huh

Bardstown, KY

#52 Mar 15, 2011
It's not white collar crime, it's poor planning and lending practices. It's not illegal to make bad loans. If you're truly concerned about the status of this bank - especially if you're a shareholder - stop complaining here and contact board members and put the pressure there. This has nothing to do with "taking back our bank" - like it's some sort of publicly-run agency - it's a profit-making corporation and money talks.
had enough

Bardstown, KY

#53 Mar 15, 2011
Why is Raffo Wimsett still head of the loan department? Bad loans put the bank in trouble. How do you get of trouble with the same people who got you in trouble? A oxymoron at its finest. The present management with Denise Vansteenlandt will ruin the bank.
Just so you know

Bardstown, KY

#54 Mar 15, 2011
To Huh, though I agree with some of what you say. You should know that ppl have been in the Board Members ears, I know this for a fact. For some reason, they are not listening. It's very discouraging.

As for the bad loans. It is true that there were bad lending practices, however that is not a crime. It is my belief that John S is the person who put the bank into this position. But rem. the board had to approve all of the big loans. Where is he now? Drinking margaria's in his fine home in Flordia while all the employees at TCBT are keeping there heads down and praying they are not next. My question is, why are there 6-8 loan officers still sitting at the main office when they are not able to do a lot of lending at this point in the game. My opinion is they should be making the cuts in that department as well. And what about the Bluegrass Market? What cuts are they making there? These Markets are the ones who concentrated on Lending and not Deposit Accounts. They were NEVER made to do anything else but Lending. There are MANY MANY problems out there and they start from the top and some players are still there.
eagle eye

Bardstown, KY

#55 Mar 15, 2011
If your last name is Smith, Conway, or Carey, you are safe, everyone else is in the bottom three, the results will be on our next episode of the haves and have nots in Bardstown.
zoom zoom

Bardstown, KY

#56 Mar 15, 2011
had enough wrote:
Why is Raffo Wimsett still head of the loan department? Bad loans put the bank in trouble. How do you get of trouble with the same people who got you in trouble? A oxymoron at its finest. The present management with Denise Vansenlandt will ruin the bank.
Are you a shareholder? Call the board and let your voice be heard. Raffo is part of THE GOOD OLE BOYS CLUB called the board of directors. So, he is safe and keeps his BIG TIME salary that would pay for the 5 people they let go. If the bank really wants to save some money they need to cut the pay of the top 5 executives or better yet get rid of them. I'm not sure how Mr. Raffo Wimsett or Mr. Ledford can live with what they have done to some loyal employees and who they used to call their friends. They are cowards not even a sorry, good-luck, or anything. May God have mercy on your souls.
simple mind

Bardstown, KY

#57 Mar 16, 2011
rumor has it that as of next week the bank will be open, but they are cutting 38 employees to part time and letting 4 more go. start looking for new employment the end is near.
xxx

Bardstown, KY

#59 Mar 17, 2011
The Woo wrote:
<quoted text>I heard Terry Shelburne, a Hicks lady, an Edelen lady, and Karen Trent and I can't remember the other person. But guess who got permoted to do the lady's jobs, none other than Mr. Little Bill Conway, Jr. Figure that one out. Shouldn't be too hard since daddy sits on the board.
wrong - he DID NOT get promoted to that position - get your facts correct before postng info.
xxx

Bardstown, KY

#60 Mar 17, 2011
very upset wrote:
Bill Conway seems to be the chief reason for the demise of the bank. He fails to answer questions by simply dodging the issues. Why were all of these temporary executives imported? Denise Van? appears to be the hired gun. Totally disgusting how a once strong bank appears headed for oblivion. Employees and shareholders take the shaft. Shareholders will lose $$$.
If a deal has already been cut with a potential buyer would inside trading rules come into effect? I think Bill Conway already knows who will purchase bank. Conway cannot be trusted. His son was promoted ahead of more deserving employees.
get your facts correct -his son was NOT promoted
wizard

Bardstown, KY

#61 Mar 17, 2011
i wasn't part of the solution but apparently bill conway isn't either...stock price just doubled!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mj livers 1 hr Momma hoe 1
Fight at 62 south this weekend 1 hr Wicked 6
Sleeping with another man to please your husband (Oct '16) 1 hr Jade 25
Poll Do you think B-town needs a homeless shelter? (Nov '09) 8 hr Litsy 46
Justin Hardin 10 hr Too Bad 22
Mitch Kanatzer (Nov '11) 12 hr I Eat Poo 45
was Ofcr Jason Ellis murdered by nwo? fbi? (Jun '13) 13 hr Jingle 36
Bardstown murders (Mar '17) 14 hr Madame Mademoiselle 35

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages