Bardstown Country Club At Maywood
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Umm

Bardstown, KY

#22 Sep 25, 2010
Country Club Snobs wrote:
Do something good with your lives and money instead of indulging yourselves. You certainly don't exemplify true Christian behavior.
Anyone who is a member of a country club is no one I want around me. And I could afford it. I choose to help people who can't afford the basics in life.
You sound like a bit of a snob yourself. Telling people that they should spend their money to do the things that make you feel good is pretentious. I do not belong to a country club either, but that does not mean that those who do are not excellent, charitable members of this community. I seriously doubt that you give every dollar of your disposable income to those who "can't afford the basics in life". If you do then I commend you for it, but if you do not then it seems like you're seeing a speck in other the eye of others and ignoring the plank in your eye.

I've been exposed to plenty of snobbery at churches in my day. The difference is that the religious crowd tend to be the worst hypocrites. Openly talking about the great things they do and how they tithe every week and then talking about the people who don't dress as nice as them at church. Also the noon Sunday shifts are always the worst shifts for anyone in the food service industry. It seems like if you're truly looking to help the poor, maybe increasing your tips for the people who serve food is one way.

If you can afford the country club and do not join, that's fine. If you're driving a nice car, living in a nice home, wearing nice clothes, have a nice computer, cable tv or enjoy eating out every week then you're a hypocrite. You're spending money on the things you like, yet, condemning those who spend money doing the things that do not interest you.
Country Club Snobs

Bardstown, KY

#23 Sep 26, 2010
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a bit of a snob yourself. Telling people that they should spend their money to do the things that make you feel good is pretentious. I do not belong to a country club either, but that does not mean that those who do are not excellent, charitable members of this community. I seriously doubt that you give every dollar of your disposable income to those who "can't afford the basics in life". If you do then I commend you for it, but if you do not then it seems like you're seeing a speck in other the eye of others and ignoring the plank in your eye.
I've been exposed to plenty of snobbery at churches in my day. The difference is that the religious crowd tend to be the worst hypocrites. Openly talking about the great things they do and how they tithe every week and then talking about the people who don't dress as nice as them at church. Also the noon Sunday shifts are always the worst shifts for anyone in the food service industry. It seems like if you're truly looking to help the poor, maybe increasing your tips for the people who serve food is one way.
If you can afford the country club and do not join, that's fine. If you're driving a nice car, living in a nice home, wearing nice clothes, have a nice computer, cable tv or enjoy eating out every week then you're a hypocrite. You're spending money on the things you like, yet, condemning those who spend money doing the things that do not interest you.
How nice of you to make so many assumptions about me. You must be feeling guilty.
Really

Bardstown, KY

#24 Sep 26, 2010
<quoted text>
How nice of you to make so many assumptions about me. You must be feeling guilty.
I do not see how any assumptions were made. You think that spending money on golf or country club membership makes someone a snob. True, giving money to others is a noble thing to do, but unless you give every penny above the absolute necessities to the poor, then you are being a hypocrite.

What if I'm a country club member because I love golf, but I live in a $75,000 home and drive a car that's been paid off for the past 17 years? I save my money diligently, and the only place I spend extra money is on golf. How does this make me a worse person.
jesse

Ashburn, VA

#25 Sep 27, 2010
Let me ask this question.
Because Maywood doesn't have GPS, you drover farther to get to Heritage Hill. Paid as much if not more in green fees. Didn't have GPS on your cart. What sense does that make?
Let's say that Maywood plays 15,000 rounds a year.That means that $2.33 per round goes to GPS. Not a good investment, especially when many people already have a sky caddie or a range finder. And Maywood does have the laser guns on the carts. They are more accurate than GPS.
Maybe the owners of Maywood didn't have the opportunity to have a say in the pool.
maywood customer

Bardstown, KY

#26 Sep 27, 2010
Maywood is a decent golf course, nothing amazing, just decent. Just play golf already, reminds me of the Caddy Shack movie when Rodney Dangerfield had all the gadgets to play better, jeez, lol.

The owner, Chris, is a fool. If not for his wife's money and family, he would be a nobody and Maywood bankrupt. He is rude, a suck up to rich people, and really does not know how to run a golf course.
Really

Bardstown, KY

#27 Sep 27, 2010
jesse wrote:
Let me ask this question.
Because Maywood doesn't have GPS, you drover farther to get to Heritage Hill. Paid as much if not more in green fees. Didn't have GPS on your cart. What sense does that make?
Let's say that Maywood plays 15,000 rounds a year.That means that $2.33 per round goes to GPS. Not a good investment, especially when many people already have a sky caddie or a range finder. And Maywood does have the laser guns on the carts. They are more accurate than GPS.
Maybe the owners of Maywood didn't have the opportunity to have a say in the pool.
Heritage Hill isn't significantly further than Maywood it adds 10 to 15 minutes on the drive. Also driving distance and price isn't the only consideration in golf. If it were then I'd head over to Cedar-Fil every round. Actually when I choose which golf course to play I like to factor in every aspect.

Maywood's GPS offered a competitive advantage, that set them apart from the competition in the area. Was it worth $2.00 a round? Certainly. I have a GPS on my phone, but the small screen makes it less user-friendly than the on-board GPS. Also you are totally ignoring the revenue generating functions of the GPS. You can sell advertising space on the GPS. You could advertise your own events or offer people a discount to get them to schedule the tee time in advance. These are huge benefits in addition to the goodwill generated by offering a superior service.

GPS might not be the only reason you would choose a course, but it might certainly tip the scales. To me and my group, Heritage Hill is the better course, but if you add in GPS to Maywood they are close to equal and it becomes a toss-up. Once Maywood got rid of their GPS then Heritage Hill took a lead. Hell if Cedar-fil had GPS on their carts I might consider renting a cart rather than walking every time. I might even choose them over other courses, because when you add in the GPS, cost, casual atmosphere and inexpensive beer it may be the preferred experience.
Where

Bardstown, KY

#28 Sep 28, 2010
Great Place!!!
hello

Louisville, KY

#29 Sep 29, 2010
Do something good with your lives and money instead of indulging yourselves. You certainly don't exemplify true Christian behavior.
Anyone who is a member of a country club is no one I want around me. And I could afford it. I choose to help people who can't afford the basics in life.
Get a life. That is a personal insult to me, i can afford and do exercise that privilege i am a member at a country club. However what would u respond to the fact that i donate LARGE ammounts of money to St. Judes hospital every year, moreover i visit children in the hospital every year as well. We are talking about this country club, not where to spend money and about being a good Christian. there are MANY MANY good Christians at Maywood, who ARE members.
Any how, Maywood could use the GPS system back, and also maybe have someone return phone calls/emails. The course is great, the proshop staff i know by name, there prices are ok but not great. The one down fall is the current management. The owners are some of the nicest people you will meet, hell 2 of the teenagers that work there have both been there atleast 3 years, and come in from college to work. Shows the sincerity and care management has with their employees and vice versa. However some aspects could be done away with. One such thing is club repair and how slow and inconsiderate they are, i have dropped of my clubs to be regripped here and they can never get them done on time. They have gotten a lot better about teaching lessons. But the number one problem with Maywood is what has already been mentioned earlier, its a male place to hang out, my wife has no business there. For her there is nothing to do! Granted i dont know all of the facts or reasons behind this, but from my point of view i dont want to spend $3000 and me be the only beneficiary out of it!
Agreed

Bardstown, KY

#30 Sep 29, 2010
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life. That is a personal insult to me, i can afford and do exercise that privilege i am a member at a country club. However what would u respond to the fact that i donate LARGE ammounts of money to St. Judes hospital every year, moreover i visit children in the hospital every year as well. We are talking about this country club, not where to spend money and about being a good Christian. there are MANY MANY good Christians at Maywood, who ARE members.
Any how, Maywood could use the GPS system back, and also maybe have someone return phone calls/emails. The course is great, the proshop staff i know by name, there prices are ok but not great. The one down fall is the current management. The owners are some of the nicest people you will meet, hell 2 of the teenagers that work there have both been there atleast 3 years, and come in from college to work. Shows the sincerity and care management has with their employees and vice versa. However some aspects could be done away with. One such thing is club repair and how slow and inconsiderate they are, i have dropped of my clubs to be regripped here and they can never get them done on time. They have gotten a lot better about teaching lessons. But the number one problem with Maywood is what has already been mentioned earlier, its a male place to hang out, my wife has no business there. For her there is nothing to do! Granted i dont know all of the facts or reasons behind this, but from my point of view i dont want to spend $3000 and me be the only beneficiary out of it!
I agree wholeheartedly and I really appreciate your giving nature. I do not understand the rationale of attacking people who choose to spend money on something that they love. Should we all give 100% of our disposable income to charity? That guy was just being ridiculous.

I understand that when you go to the golf course many men use it as a time to get away from their wives for a while. Others of us get a lot of grief when we go to play golf and leave our wives home with nothing to do. I think if they turned Maywood into a Bardstown social destination then more people would go there and people would be fighting to become a member.

The crowded bar phenomenon. When you go to a bar, regardless of the size, you want it to seem like it's crowded. The crowds draw bigger crowds. The same can be said of a country club. If the current services and price points are not keeping the tee times booked up and the restaurant packed they should evaluate other options. If they reduced the membership fee for a year or two it would get people to come in and see what they are missing. If the membership doubles or triples due to this they will still be making a lot of money, but it will make more people want to join. Suddenly they can host classes that will be full. They could offer free group lessons, which would be an effort to sell private lessons. Get a tennis pro in to host group tennis lessons. When I lived in Louisville I had never played tennis, but drove past the tennis center and saw many people there so I enrolled in a beginners clinic. It was only $25 for one lesson a month, which would not be hugely profitable for Maywood, but what it would do is make Maywood look like a great place to have a great time socializing with friends.

If they did those things they would be better off and they would need to work on ways to get non-golfing women interested in being active club members.
hello

Louisville, KY

#31 Sep 30, 2010
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly and I really appreciate your giving nature. I do not understand the rationale of attacking people who choose to spend money on something that they love. Should we all give 100% of our disposable income to charity? That guy was just being ridiculous.
I understand that when you go to the golf course many men use it as a time to get away from their wives for a while. Others of us get a lot of grief when we go to play golf and leave our wives home with nothing to do. I think if they turned Maywood into a Bardstown social destination then more people would go there and people would be fighting to become a member.
The crowded bar phenomenon. When you go to a bar, regardless of the size, you want it to seem like it's crowded. The crowds draw bigger crowds. The same can be said of a country club. If the current services and price points are not keeping the tee times booked up and the restaurant packed they should evaluate other options. If they reduced the membership fee for a year or two it would get people to come in and see what they are missing. If the membership doubles or triples due to this they will still be making a lot of money, but it will make more people want to join. Suddenly they can host classes that will be full. They could offer free group lessons, which would be an effort to sell private lessons. Get a tennis pro in to host group tennis lessons. When I lived in Louisville I had never played tennis, but drove past the tennis center and saw many people there so I enrolled in a beginners clinic. It was only $25 for one lesson a month, which would not be hugely profitable for Maywood, but what it would do is make Maywood look like a great place to have a great time socializing with friends.
If they did those things they would be better off and they would need to work on ways to get non-golfing women interested in being active club members.
That would be an ideal solution. However getting the owners to do this is another story! Maywood is such a beautiful place, curtious staff, and its just oozzing with potential! All it needs is someone who knows what they are doing with a little know-how and someone will be very rich!
catherine

Bardstown, KY

#32 Sep 30, 2010
These people are friends of mine and if you want to give your money to christian cause that is fine, that does not mean that Chris and Allison are snobs or anyone wanting to be a member of their country club.
Get To The Point

Bardstown, KY

#33 Sep 30, 2010
The place is run into the ground by owners who feel a sense of entitlement from either being born into money or marrying into money. They dump on those who do not kiss their butts and treat people like they don't matter if they come from means less than theirs. They are cold, selfish people who don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves. Some basic business sense and perhaps a little common courtesy and compassion for others would go a long, long way in making it a family friendly business.
local

Bardstown, KY

#34 Sep 30, 2010
I just wish people would quit calling it a country club, what a joke! They own nothing but the golf course and a restaurant. The pool, tennis, basketball, fitness area all belongs to the developer. The Bardstown country club at Maywood, whoever came up with that name is just kidding themselves. Just a bunch of wannabes, without the funds or skills to make anything happen.Call it what it was before the Maywood golf course because that is all it is!
Just me

Bardstown, KY

#35 Sep 30, 2010
Maywood is a beautiful course. But their service sucks! The manager pat is a snooty falooty b$&@! She walks and acts like she's got a corn con stuck up her ass!! Not to mention her attitude! She thinks she is better than anyone that walks the face of the earth and if she knows u don't have lots of money she's a complete ass to you I won't ever go back! They need a complete staff makeover!!
Wow

Bardstown, KY

#36 Sep 30, 2010
I played there once a couple years ago. My 4some was playing behind a very slow group that would play fast from tee to fairway and then sit on the greens for 10 minutes. The group behind us were apparently frustrated and possibly members. A ranger came out and sat in the cart path right in front of us as we were teeing off. He was extremely rude and would not listen to us when we told him that we were having to wait for the group in front of us every time. This is the reason we were holding up the group behind us.

After this experience we were all furious for the rest of the day. I emailed the owner and he emailed me back saying he'd look into it. That was the last I heard from him. Very unprofessional. My foursome didn't play there again for two years.
Hubba Hubba

Bardstown, KY

#37 Oct 1, 2010
Many bored milfs at Maywood. Please stay out on course, gives them more time.
What is

Bardstown, KY

#38 Oct 2, 2010
the action there? Any swingers?
Hubba Hubba

Bardstown, KY

#39 Oct 2, 2010
Wow wrote:
I played there once a couple years ago. My 4some was playing behind a very slow group that would play fast from tee to fairway and then sit on the greens for 10 minutes. The group behind us were apparently frustrated and possibly members. A ranger came out and sat in the cart path right in front of us as we were teeing off. He was extremely rude and would not listen to us when we told him that we were having to wait for the group in front of us every time. This is the reason we were holding up the group behind us.
After this experience we were all furious for the rest of the day. I emailed the owner and he emailed me back saying he'd look into it. That was the last I heard from him. Very unprofessional. My foursome didn't play there again for two years.
Can I join for a moresome?
hello

Louisville, KY

#40 Oct 4, 2010
Just me wrote:
Maywood is a beautiful course. But their service sucks! The manager pat is a snooty falooty b$&@! She walks and acts like she's got a corn con stuck up her ass!! Not to mention her attitude! She thinks she is better than anyone that walks the face of the earth and if she knows u don't have lots of money she's a complete ass to you I won't ever go back! They need a complete staff makeover!!
I could agree with the resturant staff needing a makeover however, i dont agree with the rest of the staff needing a make over. The Pro and the rest of the golf side staff are very friendly with exception to the Ranger. The Ranger when we played there was very rude, and thought he knew everything.
Nooo

Evansville, IN

#41 Dec 12, 2011
Maywood...HA! What a pathetic joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A father's rights 10 hr curious 1
News Fundraiser held for missing Bardstown woman 23 hr TRY THIS 3
tower automotive (Jun '12) Sun You--- 83
Melody lake (Aug '13) Sun Reality Check 3
Galen college scrubs for sale (Jan '10) Sat Beth 23
job search Aug 29 Lannie Lady 3
Help me understand Aug 29 Stand up 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages