First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#1 Feb 28, 2013
I would like to address teens and parents who may be looking for a job, or helping someone look for a job. No matter how tempting it is, do NOT turn to Cracker Barrel for employment. They will not pay you enough to put up with the favoritism between managers, and the harassment from other employees. Harassment situations have been reported to the General Manager as well as Cracker Barrel's home office, and nothing was ever done about it. The managers there all have their favorite employees, and will public ally tag team anyone who isn't in their little "circle". If you REALLY care about your friends and family, don't let them get caught in Cracker Barrel's hell hole. They are always hiring, because employees are always leaving... And they are leaving for good reason.
Michael Jackson

Evansville, IN

#2 Feb 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I would like to address teens and parents who may be looking for a job, or helping someone look for a job. No matter how tempting it is, do NOT turn to Cracker Barrel for employment. They will not pay you enough to put up with the favoritism between managers, and the harassment from other employees. Harassment situations have been reported to the General Manager as well as Cracker Barrel's home office, and nothing was ever done about it. The managers there all have their favorite employees, and will public ally tag team anyone who isn't in their little "circle". If you REALLY care about your friends and family, don't let them get caught in Cracker Barrel's hell hole. They are always hiring, because employees are always leaving... And they are leaving for good reason.[/QUOTE]

You think you know cracker barrel huh!
Get a life
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Michael Jackson wrote:
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I would like to address teens and parents who may be looking for a job, or helping someone look for a job. No matter how tempting it is, do NOT turn to Cracker Barrel for employment. They will not pay you enough to put up with the favoritism between managers, and the harassment from other employees. Harassment situations have been reported to the General Manager as well as Cracker Barrel's home office, and nothing was ever done about it. The managers there all have their favorite employees, and will public ally tag team anyone who isn't in their little "circle". If you REALLY care about your friends and family, don't let them get caught in Cracker Barrel's hell hole. They are always hiring, because employees are always leaving... And they are leaving for good reason."

You think you know cracker barrel huh!
Get a life
And you do?
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#4 Feb 28, 2013
I just wanted to warn everyone.
MIchael Jackson

Evansville, IN

#5 Feb 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]<quoted text>
And you do?[/QUOTE]
Yes I know they got great food and great service and the girls are very nice!
Maybe if you wasn't so rude you would see the great things about cracker barrel.
I vote for cracker barrel as the best place in bardstown to get good food and great service and down home fun!
DDC

United States

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Love to eat there. Food and wait staff are always good. During peak times, I enjoy looking in the shop while waiting. It gets crowded with the amount of stuff on display.
As far as working, I would say if they don't offer what you want, keep looking.
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#7 Feb 28, 2013
I'm not being rude in saying they are not great employers... While they may have great food and great service, you don't see what happens behind the scenes unless you work there.... The employees are treated like crap and while it may be a great place to eat, it is not a great place to work.
QWERTY

Bardstown, KY

#8 Mar 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I'm not being rude in saying they are not great employers... While they may have great food and great service, you don't see what happens behind the scenes unless you work there.... The employees are treated like crap and while it may be a great place to eat, it is not a great place to work.[/QUOTE]
Since I was employed by Cracker Barrel in Kentucky for 15 years (albeit not Bardstown), and eat at the Bardstown location 3-4 times a week, and know the staff well, I'm saying there is definitely something wrong with you (if you are the employee), or whomever it is you are talking about.
My Opinion

Danville, KY

#9 Mar 1, 2013
My boyfriend worked there for over a year and he said that he would not recommend anyone working there because they don't care bout the employee's. They give you messed up schedules and they don't pay you good. They are always hiring because the people who work for them eventually get's tired of not being apperciated so they quit and go somewhere, i myself have never worked there but i heard my boyfriend and people he knows that worked there with him talk bout it and i would never apply there. I know if just one or two people were saying stuff that i shouldnt really believe it but i have heard at least 50 people or more say the exact thing bout Cracker Barrell so it must be true. But if someone does work there and they like it then more power to them.
no other place

Bardstown, KY

#10 Mar 1, 2013
If we are being honest, what other breakfast place treats their employees great. None. At least customers are taken care of unlike Mammy's hole in the wall or Pat's. Down home is a good place, but not sure how they treat people
booger

Bardstown, KY

#11 Mar 1, 2013
great food .
MIchael Jackson

Evansville, IN

#12 Mar 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I'm not being rude in saying they are not great employers... While they may have great food and great service, you don't see what happens behind the scenes unless you work there.... The employees are treated like crap and while it may be a great place to eat, it is not a great place to work.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you wanted to sleep with the managers and they turned you down so now you don't like the place!
Bitter employee u must be!
Phil McCrevice

Bardstown, KY

#13 Mar 1, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
My boyfriend worked there for over a year and he said that he would not recommend anyone working there because they don't care bout the employee's. They give you messed up schedules and they don't pay you good. They are always hiring because the people who work for them eventually get's tired of not being apperciated so they quit and go somewhere, i myself have never worked there but i heard my boyfriend and people he knows that worked there with him talk bout it and i would never apply there. I know if just one or two people were saying stuff that i shouldnt really believe it but i have heard at least 50 people or more say the exact thing bout Cracker Barrell so it must be true. But if someone does work there and they like it then more power to them.
You did not hear the same thing from 50 people, thats a vast exaggeration. Come on man!
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#14 Mar 1, 2013
QWERTY wrote:
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I'm not being rude in saying they are not great employers... While they may have great food and great service, you don't see what happens behind the scenes unless you work there.... The employees are treated like crap and while it may be a great place to eat, it is not a great place to work."

Since I was employed by Cracker Barrel in Kentucky for 15 years (albeit not Bardstown), and eat at the Bardstown location 3-4 times a week, and know the staff well, I'm saying there is definitely something wrong with you (if you are the employee), or whomever it is you are talking about.
you know the staff well? You won't be seeing me working there anymore. If you came in that often, I'm sure I saw you... I loved my job and what I did there, but the management was horrible... I mean, what kind of management do you have if a restaurant runs out of napkins, and starts asking their competition (Chilis, Bourbon City Bistro) to have some of theirs? They just need new management at the Bardstown location.
Wanting to warn others.

Flemingsburg, KY

#15 Mar 1, 2013
MIchael Jackson wrote:
[QUOTE who="Wanting to warn others."]I'm not being rude in saying they are not great employers... While they may have great food and great service, you don't see what happens behind the scenes unless you work there.... The employees are treated like crap and while it may be a great place to eat, it is not a great place to work."

Sounds like you wanted to sleep with the managers and they turned you down so now you don't like the place!
Bitter employee u must be!
Who is the bitter and rude one again? You are out of line trying to defend something that you know nothing about. Have a good day.
Michael Jackson

United States

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Who is the bitter and rude one again? You are out of line trying to defend something that you know nothing about. Have a good day.[/QUOTE]

If im out of line it's cause you did not put my name on the waiting list correctly
dang

United States

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Service. Stinks and food undercooked .yeah this place is a real winner lol
Previous employer

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Mar 2, 2013
I used to work there , my name is Paige Taylor, I had a great experience there, it was a great place for me to sell blow jobs and really find new men that don't know me or my ways . But after I had sex with all the dudes that worked there and used everyone that I could from out of town I got fired for being a skank , oh well on to the next company I can work for and steal from ... I hope there manager is at least hot this time.
Michael Jackson

United States

#19 Mar 2, 2013
She is mad cause management would not sleep with her so now she bashing cracker barrel.
QWERTY

Bardstown, KY

#20 Mar 2, 2013
you know the staff well? You won't be seeing me working there anymore. If you came in that often, I'm sure I saw you... I loved my job and what I did there, but the management was horrible... I mean, what kind of management do you have if a restaurant runs out of napkins, and starts asking their competition (Chilis, Bourbon City Bistro) to have some of theirs? They just need new management at the Bardstown location.[/QUOTE]
Make up your mind. One minute the problem is with how employees are treated, and now it's with how they handle inventory.
I think I know who you are, and you always did have an attitude that you were "hot stuff".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prayers 4 houck 22 min Guest 5
Crystal Rogers case! Is it comming to an end? 24 min Guest 661
Bluegrass asst living 2 hr onlyfacts 4
Crack Cocaine & Meth Dealers (Feb '09) 3 hr Strange 6
cheaters (Jan '10) 3 hr Amanfrombarton 25
Shanna peake 3 hr Ricky 2
Who Thinks Treehugger is a Houck? 5 hr Honest 123
The Houck brothers and Jason Ellis 6 hr Guest 45

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web