Bardstown Christian Academy

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just want to know

Bardstown, KY

#1 Jan 4, 2010
i am about to put my son in that school,but i just just want to know how its like anybody?
MeeMee

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jan 4, 2010
About 2 yrs ago, I went with my sister she wanted to put her girls in there, but... ALL the girls that went there were like 300+ pounds and they talked about how diffrent parent brought in icecream etc. here and there. She didn't do it. We felt that they were way behind the times. But get diffrent people to tell you not m,e we just went and looked.
just want to know

Bardstown, KY

#3 Jan 4, 2010
thanks for ur help.
BCA parent

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2010
Our child goes to BCA. Absolutely love it. They learn so much! MeeMee must have the wrong school.
Just sit in on a class one day. Kindergardeners learn cursive writing... and they can read....
Very happy with the school and faculty..
BCA sister

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 5, 2010
my brother and sister both are going there and have been for a few years. they absolutely love it and it is a great school. they have great academics and push the kids further than most. GO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
loved it

Bardstown, KY

#6 Jan 5, 2010
My grandson went there for 5 years, we absoutely loved it. Mr Kay is an awesome principal. I was thinking the same thing before I rad the pther post, the MeeMee person must havw gone to the wrong school!!!
wondered

Bardstown, KY

#7 Jan 5, 2010
Are you talking about Bluegrass Christian Academy or the school that Nelson County Baptist has?

Since: Jan 10

Bardstown, KY

#8 Jan 5, 2010
Bluegrass Christian Academy is located in the rear of Parkway Baptist Church. Pat Kays is the principal there. Just to clarify for anyone who may be misinformed.
wondered wrote:
Are you talking about Bluegrass Christian Academy or the school that Nelson County Baptist has?
wondered

Bardstown, KY

#9 Jan 5, 2010
I wasn't misinformed. The topic says BARDSTOWN Christian Academy but Mr. Kays is the principal at BLUEGRASS Christian Academy. I wanted to make sure which one she wanted info about.
thanks

Danville, KY

#10 Jan 5, 2010
glad to hear the comments
just wondering

Winchester, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2010
Bluegrass Christian Academy is a great school. I am on staff there. The curriculum used is Abeka, which is advanced from the other schools. The children have the opportunity to learn so much there and all of the teachers and other staff are fantastic. The students are NOT all overweight, I cannot understand why anyone would say that! If you call or stop by you can take a tour and see the children/staff at work. I encourage all parents to check it out! By the way, I've heard it is the least expensive of all the private schools in Nelson County. Yes, they have lots of fundraising, but now days I believe all the schools do, not just the private ones.
price

Doniphan, MO

#12 Jan 6, 2010
just wondering if somone could give me a price on what it would cost for a yr?
Their website

Clarksville, TN

#13 Jan 6, 2010
http://www.bluegrasschristianacademy.org/tuit...

It says Kindergarten (age 5) through tenth grade is 3360 with discounts for multiple children. I think it's for the whole year?

Here's a website with links to all the Catholic school too--if you are interested :)

http://www.archlou.org/archlou/schools
HopeUfindHer

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jan 6, 2010
just want to know wrote:
i am about to put my son in that school,but i just just want to know how its like anybody?
I told you WRONG and want to fix it. We looked at Bluegrass Christian Academy. Sorry.
Graduated From There

Bardstown, KY

#15 Jan 16, 2010
If you are referring to BARDSTOWN christian Academy, I graduated from there when it was still Cox's Creek Christian Academy. The school is still ran by the same principal and teaching staff as then. I personally can say that it is one of the better schools to enroll in and the curriculum is great. The only downside that could be had is that the school is only M-Thurs which could be a problem as far as parents work schedules and their children being home. Over all, a definite A+
Dawn McCarty

Conneaut, OH

#16 Jan 2, 2011
I was the first graduate of Word of Life Christian Academy which is now known as Bardstown Christian Academy. That was back in 1985. I live in Ohio now and have a bachelor's degree in nursing. I am so glad that I graduated from a Christian school. Have a nice day!

“It's an I. Not a L. ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#17 Jan 2, 2011
Bardstown Christian Academy = The church near Baskin Robins
Nelson County Baptist School isn't really refered a Christian Academy, just Nelson County Baptist School.
Blueglass Christian Academy = Parkway Baptist.
lol

Shreveport, LA

#18 Jan 8, 2011
it's a great school for people who want an easy way to graduate. it's like being in the third grade all the way through school. woo!

“It's an I. Not a L. ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 9, 2011
lol wrote:
it's a great school for people who want an easy way to graduate. it's like being in the third grade all the way through school. woo!
Because public school is hard, right? Wrong, idiot. I found private Baptist school to be a little more challenging than public school. Especially since you're essentially teaching yourself. Sure the teacher and teacher aids (thats just what they are - aids) are there to help if you don't understand. But it is in no means third grade.
hmm

Shreveport, LA

#20 Jan 24, 2011
lol its not like i was saying it without having any idea what happens there.. you might have to "teach" yourself, but the work is cake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bardstown needs more gay couples (May '09) 51 min Swing 42
people who park in handicapped spaces (May '16) 3 hr Jam2791 9
Speech teacher at Bardstown is a homewrecker 7 hr Proof here 7
Melissa Cambron Bellwood rd 8 hr Kagan 4
Patrick Thompson 8 hr Kagan 7
copeland 8 hr Spectator 10
New mayor 10 hr Smh 16

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance