up late

Newburgh, IN

#82 Aug 6, 2009
Wtf wrote:
<quoted text>There are several of the long term associates at walmart 20 yrs and up making $15 to $20 an hour.It is not unheard of...People think it is such a low paying job and look down on us sometimes but we all live close to work and make decent money...why not stay?
Walmart just created some jobs that the person is over several department heads . They do make over 20.00 an hour. I was surprised at the salary myself.
bull shit

Bardstown, KY

#83 Aug 6, 2009
good wrote:
i'm glad he and his friends got tickets. i'm sick of having all those kids out there screaming and running out into the lanes trying to be funny when i go out there at night, or almost plowing me with their vehicles. due to my work schedual that is when i shop, and i (or anyone else) shouldn't have to put up with that. they are a hazard a nusance and they need to be stopped. maybe now they will find somewhere else to hang out.
Up yours! People have been hanging out in parking lots since forever. And every year it gets worse. I remember when Winn-Dixie was packed every night. But now nobody can park anywhere without getting in trouble. Your not aloud in any of the parks after dark. Whats the problem with letting us have a parking lot to hangout in. Nothing! Yall old people (with the exceptions) just don't see the point in it of why we do it. THERE AINT SHIT TO DO IN THIS TOWN! We could all be in bars every night. The only place in this town for everyone to hang out is a parking lot, but thats too much fucking trouble.
up late

Newburgh, IN

#84 Aug 6, 2009
bull shit wrote:
<quoted text>
Up yours! People have been hanging out in parking lots since forever. And every year it gets worse. I remember when Winn-Dixie was packed every night. But now nobody can park anywhere without getting in trouble. Your not aloud in any of the parks after dark. Whats the problem with letting us have a parking lot to hangout in. Nothing! Yall old people (with the exceptions) just don't see the point in it of why we do it. THERE AINT SHIT TO DO IN THIS TOWN! We could all be in bars every night. The only place in this town for everyone to hang out is a parking lot, but thats too much fucking trouble.
This old person will tell you the reason. Customers are intimindated by the loud boisterous noise that you guys make . Customers are offended by the cursing and obsene talk. Customers are afraid to walk to their cars alone and load their groceries because they do not know or trust you. Notice each time I said customers. Customers are what keeps Walmart in business and you guys are bad for business.I know you don't have anywhere to hang out. It has always been a problem. But Walmart can't be expected to lose business because of this.
Same Stuff Different Day

Louisville, KY

#85 Aug 7, 2009
Tabby Stiles when are you going to quit aggravating people!
tired of it all wrote:
Prehaps you have not been in wal-mart during the third shift. The building may be air conditioned, but at night it barley kicks on over the GM side at all, we have an associate with a health condition that has passed out on more than one occasion because of the heat. And yes on some nights some of us do stand around and talk, but we still get our jobs done. If the items are in the store then we get them on the shelf. Hell,the proof is in the pudding, if we didn't stock the shelves the place would be closed. Do there are not many lanes open, hints the reason that wal-mart happens to be hiring cashiers for all shifts right now. Yes you may have to wait in line, but I have waited in line longer at McDonalds then I have a wal-mart. And last but not least we Wal-mart workers are going to continue to log on and sound off about people telling us we don't work out asses off. We work there and are in that building for over 8 hours and each associate normals walks over 7 miles a night and over 4 pallets of frieght for a small truck night. If you have a problem, no one is forcing you to shop at wal-mart, we appreiate your business, but if all you gonna to is bitch, then you are welcome to go else where. Wal-mart is a great company, sure it has it's problems, but what business doesn't? And i have worked factory jobs and on some nights my job at walmart is much harder than any of the factory jobs I have worked.
<quoted text>
me and only me

Louisville, KY

#86 Aug 11, 2009
well i used to work the late hours at walmart, and sometimes the kids would be a little disturbing. maybe the parents dont know what their kids do out there. now the guy whos gf was filling out an ap...thats fine. but some parents need to be better parents. their kids are out there setting of fireworks and things right beside a frickin gas station. MORONS! but how ever did they become so stupid. they always say an apple dont fall far from the tree. they need parents. either way, i dont see why they cant meet at a friends house or something, if all they are doing is talking. thats just it, they arent just talking, and the parents dont want them doing what they do at the house. so yeah, thats my opinion.
sad

Kansas City, MO

#87 Aug 11, 2009
Same Stuff Different Day wrote:
<quoted text>
you are truly sad. how can a place like wal mart brainwash people like you. you people need to organize and form a union, then you may have a job you can brag about. don't buy into the anti-union b.s. they feed you at work, there truly is strength in numbers. if you work as hard as you claim, you should be compensated very well and treated with dignity.
sad

Kansas City, MO

#88 Aug 11, 2009
sorry, i was replying to "tired of it all"
Joe

United States

#89 Aug 11, 2009
Tell Ur Kids and Everybody to go hang out in the old winn-dixie parkin lot. There's no one there to disturb. I guarantee the cops will run them off from there too but if they do it this time they wont have a purpose so it will be easier to fight a ticket, Trust me I DID.
OMG

Bardstown, KY

#90 Aug 12, 2009
Does everybody do nothing but complain. There is no reason for everyone to bitch about something. So what if you had to stand in line for a while. Shop online or at smaller franchises if that bothers you so much. Teens do cause problems in walmart parking lots. Loitering is an issue there. Its good that things are being done. You people complain that people do dont do there jobs but when they do you bitch. Either the lines are too long b/c people are stocking or shelves are empty b/c lanes are open. Grow up. See the glass as half full. Btw about the ticket, it will probably be kicked out in court, they just wanted to get their point across
Paladin

Westland, MI

#91 Aug 12, 2009
up late wrote:
<quoted text>This old person will tell you the reason. Customers are intimindated by the loud boisterous noise that you guys make . Customers are offended by the cursing and obsene talk. Customers are afraid to walk to their cars alone and load their groceries because they do not know or trust you. Notice each time I said customers. Customers are what keeps Walmart in business and you guys are bad for business.I know you don't have anywhere to hang out. It has always been a problem. But Walmart can't be expected to lose business because of this.
Well put, but you have to recognize the ignorance that you're dealing with. These immature people haven't had the social guidance that we received as youths. There are only three people the youth respect today, Me, Myself and I. That's why they are the way they are.
My apology to the 1% that doesn't fit into this characterization.
BUCK

Prospect, KY

#92 Aug 12, 2009
that bull! she wanted everyone to fell sorry for her baby boy. i don't and won't. i am sure that all those kids have been told time after time not to be hanging out there.
kls821

Owensboro, KY

#93 Aug 23, 2009
Same Stuff Different Day wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not Tabby, Dumbass!!!
kls821

Owensboro, KY

#94 Aug 23, 2009
OMG wrote:
Does everybody do nothing but complain. There is no reason for everyone to bitch about something. So what if you had to stand in line for a while. Shop online or at smaller franchises if that bothers you so much. Teens do cause problems in walmart parking lots. Loitering is an issue there. Its good that things are being done. You people complain that people do dont do there jobs but when they do you bitch. Either the lines are too long b/c people are stocking or shelves are empty b/c lanes are open. Grow up. See the glass as half full. Btw about the ticket, it will probably be kicked out in court, they just wanted to get their point across
AMEN!!! Finally some pointedly said what half of us have been trying to communicate on here. You can't Please EVERYONE ALL of the time. That goes for EVERYWHERE!!! You just have to accept that there ARE people out there who really ARE trying to make everyone happy! Also please overlook all the IDIOTS who are making that task IMPOSSIBLE! If you feel that there is a SIGNIFICANT problem that needs to be handled feel free to call 1-800-WALMART!
kls821

Owensboro, KY

#95 Aug 23, 2009
I'm also from Bardstown. I'm not sure why it keeps saying I'm in MS. Just to set that straight before someone goes off on that too like I don't know what's going on.
WTF

United States

#96 Aug 23, 2009
With all that is going in the world and all that is going on in our country, we are really going to complain about Walmart? Or about getting a fine for loitering? Did anyone ever stop to think that there are FAR WORSE things than waiting too long in a line at the grocery store? Did anyone ever stop to think that we are so blessed to be able to go to the grocery and buy food for our families? That, for most of us, we don't worry about feeding our loved ones. That we are blessed to be able to gather in public without being targets for bombing or sniper attacks? That in this day and age of so much suffering and anger, that we are lucky to have such small things to complain about?
I don't get it...I am sorry, I just don't.
whatever

Bardstown, KY

#97 Aug 24, 2009
WTF wrote:
With all that is going in the world and all that is going on in our country, we are really going to complain about Walmart? Or about getting a fine for loitering? Did anyone ever stop to think that there are FAR WORSE things than waiting too long in a line at the grocery store? Did anyone ever stop to think that we are so blessed to be able to go to the grocery and buy food for our families? That, for most of us, we don't worry about feeding our loved ones. That we are blessed to be able to gather in public without being targets for bombing or sniper attacks? That in this day and age of so much suffering and anger, that we are lucky to have such small things to complain about?
I don't get it...I am sorry, I just don't.
Well, guess what? I'm not from some third world country, I'm from the USA, where we have grocery stores on every corner.And I'm glad that I am, and that I have the freedom to choose where to shop. That doesn't make it ok for large chain stores to take advantage of the little people. I was in Walmart sat. and it was so hot in that place I had to leave my cart, and go outside for some air.
Paladin

Farmington, MI

#98 Aug 24, 2009
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Well, guess what? I'm not from some third world country, I'm from the USA, where we have grocery stores on every corner.And I'm glad that I am, and that I have the freedom to choose where to shop. That doesn't make it ok for large chain stores to take advantage of the little people. I was in Walmart sat. and it was so hot in that place I had to leave my cart, and go outside for some air.
I noticed that too.
no kidding

Bardstown, KY

#99 Aug 24, 2009
i was in there sat. to and thought it was very hot. it was really nice outside, so i couldnt figure out why it was so hot inside. i guess the minute it cools off outside, they shut off all the air so the customers burn up.
a friend

Bardstown, KY

#100 Sep 29, 2009
up late wrote:
<quoted text>This old person will tell you the reason. Customers are intimindated by the loud boisterous noise that you guys make . Customers are offended by the cursing and obsene talk. Customers are afraid to walk to their cars alone and load their groceries because they do not know or trust you. Notice each time I said customers. Customers are what keeps Walmart in business and you guys are bad for business.I know you don't have anywhere to hang out. It has always been a problem. But Walmart can't be expected to lose business because of this.
The people that are scared are fucking stupid. Aint nobody that i know thats up there would even care to bother them. There just scared babies. Or thats just some excuse. I know it gets alittle wild up there at times. more than it should but we just want a place to go thats in the middle where everyone can ride through and sit. it aint too much to ask for.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#102 Sep 30, 2009
No, they keep the air off completely at night. And no matter how many of the workers ask, they will not turn it on. Sometimes they turn on the blower motors on, but not the actual coolers.
Something about going green!-bullcrap, someones just trying to save some money.
I suggest, that customers who thinks its too hot also, call the number on your reciept ask for a Mgt. and complain about it.
Hope your next Wal-Mart visit is better.
no kidding wrote:
i was in there sat. to and thought it was very hot. it was really nice outside, so i couldnt figure out why it was so hot inside. i guess the minute it cools off outside, they shut off all the air so the customers burn up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting a possible distraction 55 min Guest 226
a white mans ancestry dna 1 hr cedric aka cocaine 6
Michael Myers in Bardstown 1 hr cedric aka cocaine 8
Bardstown Village Apartments (Jun '09) 1 hr 1234Abcd 10
Crystal rogers case?????? (Mar '16) 2 hr --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 320
chastity nalley 2 hr sarah 1
Bill Buckman 3 hr Someone who knows... 20

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance