Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

I am the mother of two sons and there is nothing they could say or do that would change my love for them. I would say to them the very words I said to my neice when she 'came out'...Honey, I never knew you were in...most of us know when our loved ones our gay.

For those people who claim to speak for God and know how he feels about homosexuality, the Bible they quote has been rewritten and retranslated so many times that no one truly can say "God says..." about anything! What I can say is, God doesn't make mistakes and God loves all men of goodwill.

I would suggest you leave Topix and find support from some other outlet or forum as previously suggested. Your parents may not be ready to confront your sexuality, gay or straight, at the age you are now. Be true to yourself, do not hide the person you are and trust your own judgement.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Tracey wrote:
I am the mother of two sons and there is nothing they could say or do that would change my love for them. I would say to them the very words I said to my neice when she 'came out'...Honey, I never knew you were in...most of us know when our loved ones our gay.
For those people who claim to speak for God and know how he feels about homosexuality, the Bible they quote has been rewritten and retranslated so many times that no one truly can say "God says..." about anything! What I can say is, God doesn't make mistakes and God loves all men of goodwill.
I would suggest you leave Topix and find support from some other outlet or forum as previously suggested. Your parents may not be ready to confront your sexuality, gay or straight, at the age you are now. Be true to yourself, do not hide the person you are and trust your own judgement.
That's an exceptional theory you have there kiddo."..God loves all men of goodwill",(though nobody can seem to accept a definition of good if it doesn't feel quaint with there lifestyle).So you claim to believe in the existance of a God and Creator,,yet doubt that he really has enough pull to protect his word from the hands of men.Fascinating.Almost as intriguing as the yankee guy,who claims that if we quote some scripture,then we will just have to quote the rest of it,so we'll be better off if we don't quote any of it.I guess if no one can get on the same page with an acceptable set of guidelines,then anything goes.And if there is in fact a God and Creator,(though no one can claim to know His mind) put yourself in his position if you don't trust the word,and ask yourself just how supporting you would be to a species who breaks every rule in the book,and then takes you to court to prove that they are right.One thing I believe I can say on behalf of God though,"when someone represents Him,he wants that representation to be accurate."
youarebeautiful

Iraq

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

See how much love and support is around you if you look in the right places? Already people from the LGBT community and those who support it are running to comfort you and tell you that everything will be ok. Don't listen to anything negative that ignorant people say to you. You are beautiful just the way you are and there are floods of people standing behind you who have never met you, but love you because you're brave enough to be yourself.
If my son were gay, I'd feel no differently towards him. I'd love him all the more for being true to himself.
Friend

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

The bottom line is this; even if you are living in a small little town where people can still be pretty closed minded and ignorant...there are those in that community that will stand by you.(In Bardstown, check out the Episcopal Church!) Plus, there is a huge, wide world out there with lots and lots of people that are willing to be there and support you!!
Echo

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>A true Christian would never turn his back on someone for being gay,without doubt.However,he would also never be accepting of the ONE thing listed in the Bible that God himself "hates".Any religion that accepts homosexuals into their congregation is truly excercising the work of the Lord.Any religion that accepts homosexuality into their congregation is serving only themselves,and slapping the Lord in the face.I mean really,do we ever stand up and call bad behavior for what it really is? Or do we turn a blind eye in acceptance if enough of our friends are guilty of it? I believe both of us have made it clear where we stand on the issue.
Obviously this idiot hasn't really read the Bible, and instead quotes what people tell her. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is "the ONE and ONLY thing that God hates." As a matter of fact, the Christian God is VERY vengeful on more than one account... and over the most ridiculously trite things. It's sad that someone like this even has children.

As for the little boy who made this topic, sometimes parents can be assholes about the subject of homosexuality... and sometimes they can be really great. A GOOD parent will love you no matter what... and it won't "put a strain" on your relationship. However, there are plenty of parents out there that are still living in the middle ages and can't handle the truth.

My Advice:

* If you're REALLY close to your parents, chances are they already have an idea and it probably wouldn't hurt to tell them.

* If you're not close with them at all, I would just wait until they bring it up... or until your old enough to take care of yourself. If you're not that close, what does it matter anyway if they know?
JLJ

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

James, if you're looking at these comments, please know that there are many people out here -- local and nationwide - who love you, are worried about you, and want the best for you. I have been thinking ever since I first heard about this discussion, and what you're going through brings tears to my eyes every time I think about you.(I would give you a way to contact me but unfortunately, even though I'm out, if anyone found out about my partner, it could make things very difficult at her job because she works with the public.)
The unfortunate reality is, of course, that your parents may react negatively or even in an extreme fashion. While I completely applaud your courage in thinking about coming out to them, please do so cautiously and be sure you have a good support system in place before you do. I didn't come out to my mother until I was 36, and even then, I was scared and didn't get a great reaction. However, I showed her with my actions that if she wanted to continue to have a relationship with me, she was going to have to accept me the way I am. Did my mother ever completely accept and embrace me the way I am? No. Was she a PFLAG mom the way I wish she would have been? No. She did, however, continue to have a relationship with me and even somewhat reluctantly learn to love my partner.
Again, James, hang in there. Please contact some of the resources mentioned by people on the forum. We're out here and we support you. Remember that.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

What difference would it make? He's my son!
I'd teach all my kids to chant.
http://nichirenbuddhist.org/
just my input

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

i would love my kid,i'd be upset and i'd pray for him and everyone of us involved and i would attempt to brace him for the hatred and bullshyt he'd have to experience id' also have him think about wether or not he was feeling truly ''gay'' or if he was just trying to do the "cool" thing and "fit in with the crowd" seems to be the cool thing to be lately i've known friend who came out of the closet then realized they were just swept up in the desire to get a reaction out of their parents or family . so i'd have him really be sure before he ever told anyone else and to not act on inpulse.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously this idiot hasn't really read the Bible, and instead quotes what people tell her. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is "the ONE and ONLY thing that God hates." As a matter of fact, the Christian God is VERY vengeful on more than one account... and over the most ridiculously trite things. It's sad that someone like this even has children.
As for the little boy who made this topic, sometimes parents can be assholes about the subject of homosexuality... and sometimes they can be really great. A GOOD parent will love you no matter what... and it won't "put a strain" on your relationship. However, there are plenty of parents out there that are still living in the middle ages and can't handle the truth.
My Advice:
* If you're REALLY close to your parents, chances are they already have an idea and it probably wouldn't hurt to tell them.
* If you're not close with them at all, I would just wait until they bring it up... or until your old enough to take care of yourself. If you're not that close, what does it matter anyway if they know?
Actually,I'm fairly fluent in King James,New King James,New International Version,and New world Translation of the holy Scriptures.However,they're only just words to someone who doesn't trust them.That's why I usually only quote it to those who quote it first.Or more appropriately said,"I mostly quote it those who misquote it.Anyway,I'm rather proud to have a child that shares in my values,knows when it's time for buddies to just be pals,and understands the difference between what is really acceptable and what isn't.I'm wondering if you can fill me in something though? If the earth is four-billion years old,and life on it is not much younger than that,then how is viewing homosexuality in the same light that it was viewed until sometime in the nineteen-eighties considered living in the dark ages?
Duh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

I would get on Topix and discuss it with a bunch of ignorant strangers!!
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

Duh wrote:
I would get on Topix and discuss it with a bunch of ignorant strangers!!
What choice would you have? Your friends don't want to hear it.Your family don't want to hear it.And if you were to be honest with yourself,,,your psychiatrist don't want to hear it.So,as long as you gay guys can't find someone else who'll listen,,,you'll always have me.Godspeed.
A True Believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Judged:

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>What choice would you have? Your friends don't want to hear it.Your family don't want to hear it.And if you were to be honest with yourself,,,your psychiatrist don't want to hear it.So,as long as you gay guys can't find someone else who'll listen,,,you'll always have me.Godspeed.
Boy howdy you're just throwing your hate around everywhere aren't you! Even if it's aimed at a young man you don't even know. Bravo. I'm sure the church is so proud of you, getting on here and defending their hate for them! I already know about your love for the book of contradictions and lies. Where God alternately hates and approves of murder. Where God murders innocent children and has innocent women raped. Where he is magnificently omnipowerful and truly humble. Where he loves us no matter what, but gives you a reason to hate. Yes, I guess that does make sense.
awesome sauce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Judged:

You are right True Believer! This guy loves to spread his bigotry! And concerning your earlier post, spartan, we SHOULD love everyone, no matter race, religion, creed, or sexual preference. It's our God given right as human beings to be different and to be happy. You don't have to agree, but you certainly don't have the right to hate or condemn. If a person tries to be a good person and does their best to do for their loved ones and others, you have no right to judge them. Being gay DOES NOT make you a bad person, nor does it make God hate you. God loves us all. If God hated gay so much he would not have so many gay followers. You can believe the hate your church has spread if it furthers your and their agenda. But you are wrong.And it should bother you that the suicide rate in teen homosexuals is so high because of people like you. Do you really think it is God's work to make a teenager feel so badly about themselves, because of something they can't help and didn't ask for, that they consider taking their own lives or actually do? Do you think that is what God wants? That's right, traumatize and alienate your children. That's what best for them. Maybe one day you will wake up to the news that they have made it easier for you and committed suicide. If you love your children like I love mine, you will know that to lose them is the worst possible thing in the world. Our children should be precious to us. I can't imagine losing my baby because of my actions.

.“Before you echo 'Amen' in your home or place of worship, think and remember...a child is listening.” Mary Griffith, a religious mother whose homosexual son committed suicide because of her rejection. She is now one of the foremost Gay rights activists because she saw God's truth.
well

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

spartan wrote:
<quoted text>That's an exceptional theory you have there kiddo."..God loves all men of goodwill",(though nobody can seem to accept a definition of good if it doesn't feel quaint with there lifestyle).So you claim to believe in the existance of a God and Creator,,yet doubt that he really has enough pull to protect his word from the hands of men.Fascinating.Almost as intriguing as the yankee guy,who claims that if we quote some scripture,then we will just have to quote the rest of it,so we'll be better off if we don't quote any of it.I guess if no one can get on the same page with an acceptable set of guidelines,then anything goes.And if there is in fact a God and Creator,(though no one can claim to know His mind) put yourself in his position if you don't trust the word,and ask yourself just how supporting you would be to a species who breaks every rule in the book,and then takes you to court to prove that they are right.One thing I believe I can say on behalf of God though,"when someone represents Him,he wants that representation to be accurate."
if no one can know his mind then what about the bigots who wrote the bible? they claimed to know his mind. and there are so many bad things in this world, children being sold into sexual slavery, children abused, genocide in entire countries, starving people in many countries. you think god is more worried about his name being said in the pledge of allegiance? because if he is then he doesn't deserve worship. people are dying of cancer everyday. parents lose their children. if god cares more about whether or not i read the bible then he does about that, if he cares more about whether or not i like men or women, then i don't need his regard. if he regards those things more than the suffering and pain of these people he doesn't deserve my regard in the first place. you can quote scripture and bash gays and other religions and people of other races all you want, but the bottom line is that there are more important things in this world.
ur stupid

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
if no one can know his mind then what about the bigots who wrote the bible? they claimed to know his mind. and there are so many bad things in this world, children being sold into sexual slavery, children abused, genocide in entire countries, starving people in many countries. you think god is more worried about his name being said in the pledge of allegiance? because if he is then he doesn't deserve worship. people are dying of cancer everyday. parents lose their children. if god cares more about whether or not i read the bible then he does about that, if he cares more about whether or not i like men or women, then i don't need his regard. if he regards those things more than the suffering and pain of these people he doesn't deserve my regard in the first place. you can quote scripture and bash gays and other religions and people of other races all you want, but the bottom line is that there are more important things in this world.
omg you are so right! do u really think god is more worried about whether or not u masterbate than he is about starving children?
Parent

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Judged:

Make him memorize the Bible. Then shoot him! A fathers love does not cover that!
Holier than Thou

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Parent wrote:
Make him memorize the Bible. Then shoot him! A fathers love does not cover that!
Then you "sir" are a piece of sh*t and do not deserve to be a parent. You should also go talk to your priest because here you are talking about the importance of the Bible and the laws that you believe God made about homosexuality, yet you speak of breaking one of His MAJOR commandments. Thou shalt not kill. What a hypocritical idiot...
Anger

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Choke him out! My son? I brought him in the world, I'm gonna take him out!
big bertha

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

I wood takes him to a hooker and verify that he really wants dick. until then, it's just a fad. when a hooker tells me she can't get a rise out of him, then i'd believes it.
the_man

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

I would totally support him. There is nothing wrong with being gay. I have a friend who is gay, and another friend who is a lesbian and they are the best people I have ever known!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 23 min LMS 26,230
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 25 min LMS 1,032
Jim beam 29 min hmm 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min LMS 150,045
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 34 min LMS 16,130
Cinco De Mayo 1 hr Bear 2
Nice gay Bar (Aug '09) 1 hr Bear 86

Search the Bardstown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bardstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE