'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 233780 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

We won

Nashville, TN

#43211 Jul 2, 2012
I don't smoke or drink so tax them as much as you want but I do play the lottery so don't raise that.

Since: Oct 11

Murray, KY

#43212 Jul 2, 2012
Well Here's how I feel tonight...not that anyone cares.
So Here goes anyway!
Enough of the political minutia for awhile.
Blaming this one or that one reeks of pungent
contempt for our fellow Americans.
This nation has been through 22 recessions and one
great depression since 1900 and we're still here!
Come Wednesday I'll be celebrating the 4Th of JULY!
Shooting my bottle rockets,grilling rib-eyes and raising my beer in toast to The Red White and Blue!
So if you're a man be a man...if you're a woman be a woman. But for our Country if you're an AMERICAN be
an AMERICAN!!!
And remember we take whatever comes our way...and never have we wavered! NEVER!
tofy
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#43213 Jul 2, 2012
we see thru you too wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions are only intelligent to you. A community leader? lol Is that why our community is in such horrible shape? You have no interest in public office because people know of your crackerjack community leadership and you wouldn't get very far. You're not even very believable at tooting your own horn. You are funny though. Ever considered being a comedienne? I hear SNL needs a replacement for Jon Lovitz's liar character. That seems better suited for your intelligence and talents you keep telling us about over and over and over again. When will you Obamorons learn that even if you repeat a lie over and over and over again it never makes it the truth. LMMFAO!
Thank you for your ongoing efforts to illustrate what I said about rude hostile behavior.

How about you? I would be interested in learning your intelligent opinions about the political issue discussed here. Please demonstrate.
wonderful

United States

#43215 Jul 2, 2012
Cards Fan wrote:
This is embarrassing. The worst news station on cable TV is hosting our senate race. Well, not suprising they have a hard on for Rand Paul since they are his poster boy tea bagger.
AMEN!!!
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#43216 Jul 2, 2012
We won wrote:
And free refrigerators because the free food will go bad if left out. Will need a free stove because raw food will make you sick.
While sarcasm is not my forte any more than subtly is yours, I get it that you have been baiting right wing extremists by gloating and making outrageous statements about how everything should be free for most people solely at the expense of the rich. You have reaped the benefits of harsh judgment by your “customers” so while it may not be nice to taunt people, even misguided extremists, you certainly deserve recognition as a master baiter.

Keep this up and you’ll have a mob of angry villagers storming your castle with pitchforks.
Jay

Springville, TN

#43217 Jul 2, 2012
Just in case you're interested.

Or not?
*****

John G. Roberts, Jr.
AKA John Glover Roberts, Jr.

Born: 27-Jan-1955
Birthplace: Buffalo, NY

Gender: Male
Religion: Roman Catholic
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Occupation: Judge
Party Affiliation: Republican

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: US Chief Justice

Clerk for William Rehnquist, 1980-81, and after that special assistant to US Attorney General William French Smith. Private practice, 1986-89 and 1993-2003, associate for Hogan & Hartson and partner from 1993 onward. In 2003, his gross income at Hogan was $1.04M. For 1989-93 he was Principal Deputy Solicitor General, responsible for arguing 32 cases in the US Supreme Court. As of his nomination, he served on the US Court of Appeals for District of Columbia Circuit.

A conservative, though the paper trail on him is thin. He believes in a narrow interpretation of the Constitution and limited government. In one of his briefs he stated that "we continue to believe that Roe was wrongly decided and should be overruled" -- but in later confirmation testimony stated "Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land... There's nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent." George W. Bush nominated Roberts to replace Sandra Day O'Connor in a televised broadcast on 19 July 2005. Roberts was sworn in on 29 September 2005.

Father:(Bethlehem Steel manager)
Sister: Kathy
Sister: Peggy
Sister: Barbara
Wife: Jane Sullivan Roberts (m. 1996, two children adopted)
Son: Jack
Daughter: Josie

High School:(Indiana)
University: AB, Harvard University (1976, summa cum laude)
Law School: JD, Harvard Law School (1979, magna cum laude)

US Supreme Court Justice (2005-)
Hogan & Hartson Partner (1989-2003)
US Justice Department Principal Depy. Solicitor General (1989-93)
Hogan & Hartson Associate (1986-89)
White House Staff Associate Counsel (1982-86)
US Justice Department Special Asst. to the Atty. General (1981-82)
Law Clerk for William Rehnquist, US Supreme Court (1980-81)
Law Clerk for Henry Friendly, US Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit (1979-80)
Harvard Law Review Managing Editor (1978-79)
Hogan & Hartson Associate (1993-)
Bethlehem Steel (summer jobs)
Alfalfa Club (2007)
American Academy of Arts and Sciences 2006
American College of Trial Lawyers Honorary Fellow
Bush-Quayle '88 Lawyers for Bush/Quayle (D.C.), Executive Committee, Opposition Research
Federalist Society (he disputes this)
George W. Bush for President
National Legal Center for the Public Interest Legal Advisory Council
Republican National Lawyers Association
Smithsonian Institution Chancellor
Funeral: Gerald Ford (2007)

Brain Seizure (1993)
Brain Seizure Port Clyde, ME (30-Jul-2007)
Risk Factors: Epilepsy
Jay

Springville, TN

#43218 Jul 2, 2012
Ok, I'm hearing how those people who do not have insurance will have to pay. But don't take my word for it, it's just what I am hearing.

It's said: If you make $30,000 a year you will have to spend @$2000. for an insurance policy before you will get a dime from federal. Now, what do you do if you don't even have a job, as is said,$20 million people are without a job, working part time or have fallen off the radar? How in the world does someone who has no job or is barely making it on what they do have; how can these people pay a premium? Because this healthcare policy is in no way FREE.

How much will the premium cost for those who are offered the options....as I think it was said that this would consist of three plans offered? And what insurance companies will be involved in this as selected by the government? In this sense, the government determines what insurance companies can sell this insurance, essentially forcing people buy a commodity from someone in a business. Does this sound legit. to you that they can select the person or persons you have to buy something from? If they can do this, then could they not pass a law stating you must buy your car ( for example ) from certain car dealerships? Or that you don't have to shop at certain stores but if you don't you will pay a penalty/tax. Where can this go astray and what else can it branch into since a precedent has been set with this SC's decision. Is this not the first time in history that we are being taxed or penalized on something we didn't buy?

In the case of those who do have insurance, are satisfied with it and can make the payments, these people will not be involved in this melee. Obama said, EVERYONE must have insurance, everyone will pay for a policy. He speaks little or nothing about those who are not working at all. They can not reach into the pockets of those who are working and paying for their own policy because those people are within the law. He has said those people will not be affected.

In the bill, it's been said, that the little piece of "pork" included that we don't hear about is that 8.7 billion in federal funds have been set aside for illegal aliens to collect on their medical. This was clearly stated to be for immigrants, aka illegals. We did not hear anything about that, that I'm aware of.

Maybe this is why it will take 16,000 newly hired IRS agents to sort through all this and see to it that we all comply?
We won

Nashville, TN

#43219 Jul 3, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
While sarcasm is not my forte any more than subtly is yours, I get it that you have been baiting right wing extremists by gloating and making outrageous statements about how everything should be free for most people solely at the expense of the rich. You have reaped the benefits of harsh judgment by your “customers” so while it may not be nice to taunt people, even misguided extremists, you certainly deserve recognition as a master baiter.
Keep this up and you’ll have a mob of angry villagers storming your castle with pitchforks.
Health care should be universal and no one should go without it. But if you think about it, food, housing and clothing is even more universal because you need those things everyday and without them you will die. Why should those things not be as important as healthcare?
We won

Nashville, TN

#43220 Jul 3, 2012
Jay wrote:
Maybe this is why it will take 16,000 newly hired IRS agents to sort through all this and see to it that we all comply?
Obama IS creating jobs!!
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#43221 Jul 3, 2012
We won wrote:
<quoted text>
Health care should be universal and no one should go without it. But if you think about it, food, housing and clothing is even more universal because you need those things everyday and without them you will die. Why should those things not be as important as healthcare?
I agree that health care should be available to everyone and favor expanding Medicare to accomplish this. I also agree that food, clothing and shelter are universal human needs and that it is our responsibility as a civilized people to insure no one goes without them.

How do we pay for this? We can call it tax. We can call it socialism. Responsible and effective redistribution of wealth is the price we must pay as modern capitalists to assure these benefits. Accordingly nothing can be free for the majority and the more one benefits from capitalism the more he must contribute for the system to work.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#43222 Jul 3, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am very thankful that it seems you won and you are celebrating. That ruling handed Romney a win in November. I'm celebrating the ruling right along with you. It's the best thing that could of happened in my opinion. And it seems the majority of citizens agree. Just check out the big contributions Romney got just on that day! Left Obama in his dust! You don't have to remind people to get their checkbooks out. They did in record numbers on the day of your "victory" ruling. LMMFAO!
Lmfao
Empty Pockets

Pikeville, KY

#43223 Jul 3, 2012
God Bless this Country cake for everyone and a band-aid ? Obama and his liberal nut-balls tearing us a new arse .
wtf

Richmond, KY

#43224 Jul 3, 2012
Empty Pockets wrote:
God Bless this Country cake for everyone and a band-aid ? Obama and his liberal nut-balls tearing us a new arse .
Dumbass.
Hey

Elizabethtown, KY

#43225 Jul 3, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
While sarcasm is not my forte any more than subtly is yours, I get it that you have been baiting right wing extremists by gloating and making outrageous statements about how everything should be free for most people solely at the expense of the rich. You have reaped the benefits of harsh judgment by your “customers” so while it may not be nice to taunt people, even misguided extremists, you certainly deserve recognition as a master baiter.
Keep this up and you’ll have a mob of angry villagers storming your castle with pitchforks.
WOW!!!
(Master Baiter)

That's quite an honor,Especially coming from the biggest Jerk Off on here..
We won

Nashville, TN

#43226 Jul 3, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that health care should be available to everyone and favor expanding Medicare to accomplish this. I also agree that food, clothing and shelter are universal human needs and that it is our responsibility as a civilized people to insure no one goes without them.
How do we pay for this? We can call it tax. We can call it socialism. Responsible and effective redistribution of wealth is the price we must pay as modern capitalists to assure these benefits. Accordingly nothing can be free for the majority and the more one benefits from capitalism the more he must contribute for the system to work.
The 1% needs to pay and pay alot. When we expand that to the 40% it works for the other 60% as long as the 60% stays united. Democratic rule will prevail, the 60% set the table for the other 40% and there is nothing they (the 40% that will pay for it all) can do about it.

Since: Oct 11

Murray, KY

#43227 Jul 3, 2012
PhreakkyPhroggy wrote:
<quoted text>
AGREE!
Great Post...and right on time...have a great 4th Pal!
Thanks!
And hope you have a great 4th also!
tofy

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#43228 Jul 3, 2012
We won wrote:
<quoted text>
That one won't work but other ones to consider:
Pay a tax if you don't belong to a union.
Pay a tax if you don't have any minority ancestry.
Pay a tax if you don't vote democrat.
Basically
you will be taxed if you don't give to his campaign.
frank

Oakland, CA

#43229 Jul 3, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am very thankful that it seems you won and you are celebrating. That ruling handed Romney a win in November. I'm celebrating the ruling right along with you. It's the best thing that could of happened in my opinion. And it seems the majority of citizens agree. Just check out the big contributions Romney got just on that day! Left Obama in his dust! You don't have to remind people to get their checkbooks out. They did in record numbers on the day of your "victory" ruling. LMMFAO!
Aren't you the same guy who wants to rein-in Gov't spending but you are supporting trillion dollar elections as long as it goes to your candidate? Yep - just as we thought ...
It looks more like the rats are jumping ship! Conservatives love to suck on the Gov't tit but as soon as it tries up they are the first to turn against the hand that feeds them! The GOPers are unrepentant porkers slipping a whopping 9,000 pork barrel projects into legislation!
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#43231 Jul 3, 2012
We won wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1% needs to pay and pay alot. When we expand that to the 40% it works for the other 60% as long as the 60% stays united. Democratic rule will prevail, the 60% set the table for the other 40% and there is nothing they (the 40% that will pay for it all) can do about it.
I’m finding it a bit difficult to understand what you mean by the 40% and the 60%. Please clarify.
We won

Nashville, TN

#43232 Jul 3, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m finding it a bit difficult to understand what you mean by the 40% and the 60%. Please clarify.
It's very simple. Instead of the top 1% you expand that to the top 40% of income earners. The remaining 60% get either totally free or mostly free depending on how close to the cutoff they are. The top 40% pay for the other 60% that gets free stuff. As long as the 60% always vote democrat then the plan works and the top 40% can't do anything about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dig Deep In Your Memories People! 3 hr treehugger 27
The law is for everyone not just Ballard's 3 hr Stage name 23
hook up sites 3 hr Lily 4
Former Bardstown Police Captain Files Lawsuit 5 hr Dramatically dram... 17
Dayna stahley 5 hr whisperagony01 4
New Crystal Roger theory 5 hr Mike 200
Deleting posts. Ballard's show your accounting ... 5 hr Citizen X 37

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages