upsetparent

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

hello, i was wandering if anyone else see's anything wrong with this school other than i? i have seen so many things that is so wrong that goes on there and im gonna start going to board meetings and try and make change. so if you have some problems there and dont care to voice your opinion please do so. i would greatly appreciate it.
Just Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

What have you seen, Parent? I have grandchildren there. Please share what you've seen. We need to be aware if anything is happening that isn't good for the children.
Looky

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

I have a son there. Im happy so far. What did you see?
upsetparent

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

well, alot of things go on there.. i dont mind teachers being stern BUT screamin at kids ,scaring them with different punishments, well, i dont want to go into a large detail about it YET but was wanting to see what others complaints were on here and see if its the same problems i am having. i am starting to go to the board meetings to make change cause that school totally needs CHANGE INCLUDING A new princple and assistant.so a friend of mine were talking and wanted to post a ad on here and see if anyting was simular and of so then make notes and take it to the meeting with me to try and get something done about the situations there and maybe make that school a better one..
upsetparent

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

please excuse the typos.lol i get in a hurry and make mistakes.lol not a fast typer
WRONG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

I think Michelle Ryan is an excellent principal. If you feel so uneasy about things join the Site Base Decesion Making Committe. But just because youve seen one teacher like this doesnt mean there is an issue within the whole school. Overall, I believe the school is an EXCELLENT school. All schools have there own problems, not one is perfect, but I feel that BPS is great.
Way to go

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

In Jefferson county. They let the kids run wild. They yell all the time at them. Don't you dare if a bus driver try to get kids to sit down on the bus. The parents will turn you in to the supervisor. People better wake up and quit rewarding bad behavior. And defending the cildren against the schools or these young men will be trading the school bus for the prison bus
OMG

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

upsetparent wrote:
well, alot of things go on there.. i dont mind teachers being stern BUT screamin at kids ,scaring them with different punishments, well, i dont want to go into a large detail about it YET but was wanting to see what others complaints were on here and see if its the same problems i am having. i am starting to go to the board meetings to make change cause that school totally needs CHANGE INCLUDING A new princple and assistant.so a friend of mine were talking and wanted to post a ad on here and see if anyting was simular and of so then make notes and take it to the meeting with me to try and get something done about the situations there and maybe make that school a better one..
F.O.F.L.M.A.O. Good Luck, with that.
OMG

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

wat, shoul of been want
things change

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Which ever one said JCPS runs wild....I beg to differ. For ur info the children that do this are punished. So do not stero type. Second I have several friends that their children go to city schools and the only thing I can say is be glad ur not in county and have ur child goin to Bloomfield. I have a child in Co and when he gets to middle h=I will pay for him to go to city. The parent startin this should stop and think....In other schools they can put their hands on the kids do u want that? They have druggs being carried by 6 yo do u want that? U need to be greatful for the school ur child goes to! If u hate it that bad get a job and pay for private, but rest assure it goes the same when u pay...but it may have a lil more drugs flowin and who knos what else.
Jason Floyd

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

I'm the parent representative on the site-based council. If you have an issue, bring it to me. Otherwise, the primary school runs a pretty tight ship. All schools have some issues, but once a complaint is levied it goes through the proper channels and gets addrssed. I would put our primary school up against any other in the area, including some of the privates. I have been on the site-based council for two years, have never once a single time had a parent attend a meeting. I am asking to be elected again for two more years, while I don't promise I'm going to do everything you complain of, I promise I will take a look at it instead of ignoring it. However, getting on Topix and dropping negative hints is not the proper channel.
agree

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

And thank you Mr. Floyd! That just about says it all.
OMG

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

Jason Floyd wrote:
I'm the parent representative on the site-based council. If you have an issue, bring it to me. Otherwise, the primary school runs a pretty tight ship. All schools have some issues, but once a complaint is levied it goes through the proper channels and gets addrssed. I would put our primary school up against any other in the area, including some of the privates. I have been on the site-based council for two years, have never once a single time had a parent attend a meeting. I am asking to be elected again for two more years, while I don't promise I'm going to do everything you complain of, I promise I will take a look at it instead of ignoring it. However, getting on Topix and dropping negative hints is not the proper channel.
YOU are 100% right!
Way To Go

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

My husband drives for JCPS and he drives inner city children, He asks them to sit down or he will get called in on. They just ignore him and then he writes them up and nothing gets done about it and then Johnny goes home and tells MOMMIE and then Bus Depot gets a call about poor Johnny was told to sit down by bus driver and it goes on and on. These are elementary children. My husband also has middle school too and they are from the western part of town and he never has any problems with them. Fights break out, candy money gets stolen, DRAMA all the time and my husband writes referals, but little is done. He loves his job, but sometimes the parents are quick to defend before they know the whole story. If Johnny is out of his seat and you have a mile where you cannnot pull over due to being on 2 lanes in rush hour. The bus driver cannot be expected to do his job if he can't pull over. Sad cases, Point to this is Parents find out the whole story before you go up to the school and make good people look bad. You are only sending a message saying to your child that I don't believe the adults on anything, do what you want and I will make sure you don't get in trouble.
Table server

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

WRONG wrote:
I think Michelle Ryan is an excellent principal. If you feel so uneasy about things join the Site Base Decesion Making Committe. But just because youve seen one teacher like this doesnt mean there is an issue within the whole school. Overall, I believe the school is an EXCELLENT school. All schools have there own problems, not one is perfect, but I feel that BPS is great.
Would this person happen to be family to da Dawg man?I have seen him up there?Just wandering
Faye

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

agree wrote:
And thank you Mr. Floyd! That just about says it all.
Hold up we all make a difference not just him!!So it doesn't say it all!
no problems

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

My child will finish first grade this year and we havent had any problems. There were a couple of things but they were things my child did. We went to school and talked to the principal once and the assistant once. We got it all worked out and its smooth sailing now. I dont know what you are referring to but is it something that all kids experience or something that only your child has experienced? Can't really say if we have experienced it if we dont know what you are referring to.
Happy

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Judged:

You said it Mr.Floyd. People need to find out the facts before they go a shooting off their mounths. Most likly that child runs the house at home and the parent doesn't like we some one is trying to make that child a better person. you need to get a real job and learn to be a parent instand of someone always trying to start trouble. BPS is a wonderful place yes it has its up and downs just like any other school does.
Insanity

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Judged:

To the person that started this post, just to let you know how good the staff is at BPS. My son attends the elementary school and this morning on the way to school he was attacked by a student from the primary. When I got to the elementary, Mrs. Ryan was already there looking into the incident and she stayed until the whole thing was put to rest. So if your looking for someone to bash that school and the staff, you are looking in the wrong location. When I thanked her today for all of her help to myson all she said was that she was just doing her job. To me, that's dedication.
LSR

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

i was on a site based council about 9 years ago and that school had problems it's always the same problems and steps are taken to change them ,it isnt a fix it quick overnight thing either because it didn't happen overnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Bardstown Forum right now

Search the Bardstown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min JOE NASTY 146,090
Alicia n jesse stolenliquor 32 min Wondering 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Throne 81,564
Family of murdered Nelson Co. teacher, daughter... 5 hr FYI 3
old quarry 6 hr John 3
Barton's possible strike 7 hr who knows 24
boat loads of children coming to America 11 hr Europeans 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••