Everyone behind DQ and Busy Bee Area---Urgent!

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated May 19, 2012
Hmm

Bardstown, KY

#1 May 17, 2012
I started smelling something burning... I checked my house and everything is fine... I stepped outside and it smells like a house fire or something... I listened and looked for any signs of a house fire and nothing.... Anyone in this area, that's still up, take a step outside, and tell me if you smell what I'm smelling, or see anything alarming... Just trying to make sure there's not a house burning down or anything...
no

Bardstown, KY

#2 May 18, 2012
Hmm wrote:
I started smelling something burning... I checked my house and everything is fine... I stepped outside and it smells like a house fire or something... I listened and looked for any signs of a house fire and nothing.... Anyone in this area, that's still up, take a step outside, and tell me if you smell what I'm smelling, or see anything alarming... Just trying to make sure there's not a house burning down or anything...
well, 3 hours later I hope you're safe and your home was not on fire. I don't smell anything now. Probably a meth lab :(
Metoo

Bardstown, KY

#3 May 18, 2012
I live near the courthouse and every late afternoon around 6pm- dark, I smell the same thing? It kinda freaks me out a bit, what with all the house fires we've had in the neighborhood the past few years. I used to constantly go outside to check my house, neighbors, etc. But I have also smelled the same thing sometimes near Walmart recently. I was thinking maybe something wafting out of the distilleries other than the sour mash....
Hmm

Bardstown, KY

#4 May 18, 2012
I talked to my husband when he got home last night about it, and he said he smelled the same thing a few nights ago when he got off work (about 3am).
I'm not sure if it's with the distilleries, it smells... different.. Almost like burning rubber, or something. I was just extremely worried, because I was hoping it wasn't a house fire, and people asleep inside. Hm.... weird. And I'm not sure what a meth lab smells like, I sure hope not!
sts

Lubbock, TX

#5 May 18, 2012
I live in the area and haven't smelled anything unusual. I'll keep a "nose" out, lol. Hope all is okay!
awesome sauce

Louisville, KY

#6 May 18, 2012
There is a house across from walmart and a field and the guy burns stuff out there quite a bit, so that may be what you are smelling.
Nope

Livonia, MI

#7 May 18, 2012
If it smells like burning rubber its a meth lab for sure and yes I know for a fact. So next time call the cops so they can bust there ass.
yeah

Bardstown, KY

#8 May 19, 2012
meth labs smell of burning rubber, almost like an electrical fire kinda smell.... i would def just make it aware to someone, they blow up easy and if its that close for you to smell, it could be danergous to you and others if it did blow up!
yeah

Bardstown, KY

#9 May 19, 2012
and its kinda weird that your only smelling it at night time.... the disterllies run all day.... night time is a meth heads favorite time to cook posion!
Hmm

Bardstown, KY

#10 May 19, 2012
yeah wrote:
meth labs smell of burning rubber, almost like an electrical fire kinda smell.... i would def just make it aware to someone, they blow up easy and if its that close for you to smell, it could be danergous to you and others if it did blow up!
Yes, it smelled almost identical to that-- burning rubber, almost like an electrical fire!! But if I call the cops (if this happens again) I'm not really sure what I'd exactly say... "I smell something burning??"

And I doubt what I was smelling was all the way from Walmart-- it was EXTREMELY strong smelling.. I could smell it from inside my house, with all windows closed!
Hmm

Bardstown, KY

#11 May 19, 2012
yeah wrote:
and its kinda weird that your only smelling it at night time.... the disterllies run all day.... night time is a meth heads favorite time to cook posion!
I agree.. I sometimes smell the distilleries burning late at night, but rarely. And I know exactly what they smell like, since I've lived here for the last 6 years.

This was about 1am, and my husband smelled the same thing about 3:30 the other night he said (which I'm not sure if it's the same thing I'm smelling.. but sounds similar when he described it)
GOOD GRIEF

United States

#12 May 19, 2012
It was me burning the cat hair off that puss...
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

#13 May 19, 2012
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.. I sometimes smell the distilleries burning late at night, but rarely. And I know exactly what they smell like, since I've lived here for the last 6 years.

This was about 1am, and my husband smelled the same thing about 3:30 the other night he said (which I'm not sure if it's the same thing I'm smelling.. but sounds similar when he described it)
I'd call the cops and tell them just that- that you've smelled it at strange hours before... If they believe it could be a meth lab, I'd like to think they'd check into it.
just a guy

Bardstown, KY

#14 May 19, 2012
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it smelled almost identical to that-- burning rubber, almost like an electrical fire!! But if I call the cops (if this happens again) I'm not really sure what I'd exactly say... "I smell something burning??"
And I doubt what I was smelling was all the way from Walmart-- it was EXTREMELY strong smelling.. I could smell it from inside my house, with all windows closed!
Also most people keep alot of cats around because the meth lab causes a strong ammonia odor.
Metoo

Bardstown, KY

#15 May 19, 2012
What I've been smelling is more like wood burning or something similiar..
I've smelled that 'cat piss' smell, too...used to have ppl renting behind us & the smell would almost knock you down when you went outside.(I mean, I, at the time had several house cats, but I know it wasn't my house! lol) I noticed that none of them seemed to work, they put blankets up @ the windows, that is, whenever they didn't have the whole screen/storm window OUT in the middle of freakin' Winter..they'd actually climb in & out of said windows...lol..let their garbage bags pile up weeks before they'd eventually set them out on the curb, they'd stay up all night, wouldn't see hide nor hair of 'em much during the daytime, unless they were looking for their dog that would escape through a hole in the fence and come to our front yard...I told them to fix the fence, showed them where he was getting out, etc, what do they do?? Pile a bunch of tree limbs leftover from the '09 ice storm in front of the hole...their bigger dog would move the limbs & the little mutt would come back through it...they never mowed their yard until they practically had to BALE the shit...I told a cop friend of mine all this and he/they did look into it, but not long after, the heathen's moved....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Mitch 1,787
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 151,375
Tower 3 hr Hitmanhart 9
neverforget 139 12 hr Agree 2
The Bardstown Opry the last time we was there i... 13 hr Nashville bound 1
Inoac packaging 16 hr hMmM 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 hr LMS 26,227
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••