Police chief needs to be fired
FormerOfficer

Cape Coral, FL

#63 May 28, 2013
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>We see why, Your a former Officer.
By the way, I'm better than you because I make more money than you.
INSIDE JOB

Bardstown, KY

#64 May 28, 2013
Obviously it was a L.E.O. that had this done! Law enforcement officer's are the only one that don't get rattled when a cop comes up and if the debris that was on the road was meant for a random person it would have rattled the person with the gun so bad that they would have let the cop clear the road and leave instead it was someone with calm nerves, don't get rattled with police around and a excellent shot with a shotgun because a normal person with no training would be scared...thinking this cop has a gun and what if I miss or don't kill him I'm going to have a shoot-out on my hands! also has anyone looked at the statistics of how many vehicles take that exit after 1 am on the weekends? I'd say its not much!!
Staley

Louisville, KY

#65 May 28, 2013
I do believe Chief McCubbins is a good cop, probably the type born to be a cop. He should though, keep his emotions in check during this very unfortunate investigation. He should probably not go public any longer with information involving this case. If Bardstown has to hire a police spokesperson, so be it. Anything negative about the Bardstown Police Dept. during this incredibly difficult time, needs to fade & go away. The focus should be finding justice for Officer Ellis, his family & the city of Bardstown.
Judge

Elizabethtown, KY

#66 May 28, 2013
Well said
formerCOPson

Bardstown, KY

#67 May 28, 2013
How do you make so much money former cop? My daddy didn't make that much money to brag about please tell us all how many people did you take bribes from to have so much money?
former officer

Campbellsville, KY

#68 May 28, 2013
Former Officer wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%. If he can't keep his emotions in check, then he needs to keep his mouth shut! Everything rises and falls on leadership, If your leadership is coming from a trigger happy cowboy who can't control his emotions, then there isn't much hope for the rest of the force. The Chief needs to apologize for to the community for making such an ignorant statement, stay out of the way of those investigating this horrible crime, and let someone else do the talking for the department from now on.
STFU you're opinion means nothing to bad Sgt Gene Coffey isn't around so when they do find him they could have sent him to get the coward with a hearse....so stfu you liar saying ex cop...
really want answers

Campbellsville, KY

#69 May 28, 2013
1. Well, why has the KSP stepped in?(This took place outside of the Bardstown City Police jurisdiction, so the KSP took over the investigation)
2. Why have they locked the BPD out of the investigation?( I doubt they are locked out, just not in charge)
Too many things don't add up.
3. First of all, how would anyone know exactly when and what he would be driving at that time of night?(Officer Ellis could have had the same routine daily, in CIA training they tell you never do the same routine twice in a row, vary what you do and your route)
4. How would they know when to lay the debris out unless they were tipped off by someone else at the station?(Tipped off by someone watching Officer Ellis, and yes there probably was a call to let the killer/s know he was coming, that is why I would have every cell phone call going into that area that night and who made it. No one else much is awake in that part of the country at that time of the day, so there has to be a track or calls coming in our out of the area,)

5. Most people I know would get out and move the debris when they see it. If I had to guess, this was probably laid there within 2 to 3 minutes of the officers arrival.( Once again, why I would be checking cell phone calls into the area, CB radio would have allowed them to be heard by someone else)
6. Second, he drives a car home that he usually doesn't drive.( My guess he drove that home more than we know, maybe because it was a weekend coming up or something, either way he had been watched enough the killers knew his routine).

7. That car has no video or audio equipment. This might be the most damning evidence.( Damning to who? Did the chief tell him he had to take that car that night, I doubt it! This was standard for him to do is my guess)

Because no one on the outside could or would know this. Unless they were working with someone on the inside.

8. He was set up period.(This I agree with, but not by someone on the inside!)
And he was either killed by another cop. Or he was set up by a cop to be killed by someone on the outside.
9. Theres also the fact that the chief has already come out and said they are gonna kill they suspect.( He said he would be brought to justice, he did infer if he wanted it they would put him in their sites)(This is being overblown! If I were KSP, I'd get the location of each computer supporting the killer/s and talk to them, I would not be surprised if it were someone who was involved trying to throw doubt on where to look, there's Georgia post on here supporting the bad guys, did they leave down and go down there?)

That tells me they done have someone to pin it on. They are just waiting on the right moment to kill him and plant the evidence.
9. I think they are a little worried now that the KSP is involved and has indirectly hinted that this is an inside job.(This is a totally false statement)
Bill

New York, NY

#70 May 28, 2013
Undertaker wrote:
Three letters F B I
This is a murder investigation. The FBI don't investigate murders because there is not a federal murder law. They can lend their resources and that's it unless public corruption is discovered. Know what you're talking about before you spout off about stuff.
Bill

New York, NY

#71 May 28, 2013
alright wrote:
Well, why has the KSP stepped in? Why have they locked the BPD out of the investigation?
First of all, how would anyone know exactly when and what he would be driving at that time of night? How would they know when to lay the debris out unless they were tipped off by someone else at the station? Most people I know would get out and move the debris when they see it. If I had to guess, this was probably laid there within 2 to 3 minutes of the officers arrival.
Second, he drives a car home that he usually doesn't drive. That car has no video or audio equipment. This might be the most damning evidence. Because no one on the outside could or would know this. Unless they were working with someone on the inside.
He was set up period.
And he was either killed by another cop. Or he was set up by a cop to be killed by someone on the outside.
Theres also the fact that the chief has already come out and said they are gonna kill they suspect.
That tells me they done have someone to pin it on. They are just waiting on the right moment to kill him and plant the evidence.
I think they are a little worried now that the KSP is involved and has indirectly hinted that this is an inside job.
i think KSP investigate the majority of officer involved shooting in this state. It's common practice and nothing new or out of the ordinary.
Bill

New York, NY

#72 May 28, 2013
SunnyMama wrote:
Oh, please, people. KSP is involved because it happened on a state highway, well outside of Bardstown jurisdiction. Also, most of the police camera footage I have ever seen only shows you what is right in front of the car. None of it looks up , so whoever did this thought it out so that video wouldn't have picked it up no matter what car he was driving. It does seem there must have been multiple people involved. But please, can we all just stop speculating and driving the rumor mill long enough to pay respects to Officer Ellis and wrap the arms of our community around his family? Let the KSP do their job.
so if it happened on a county highway the ksp wouldn't be involved? Paaallleeeese!
hang em high

United States

#73 May 28, 2013
Did I miss something somewhere where he said shot him to death or did he just say "have them in there sights"
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#74 May 28, 2013
hang em high wrote:
Did I miss something somewhere where he said shot him to death or did he just say "have them in there sights"
I completely agree. He never said shot, dead ect. I think chief was referring to the fact that if you are brazen enough to shoot a cop you aren't goingto give up easily.

As for the reason ksp is investigating they always do. Eliminates conflict of interest. They investigates deputy rakes death in Marion county. Similar situation. He was off duty also and was trying to help.
ohmy

Bardstown, KY

#75 May 28, 2013
Don't try to parse words, we ALL know what the chief means. "In the front site of one of our weapons is pretty straight forward"!!!
My 2 cents

Lexington, KY

#76 May 28, 2013
Jeeves wrote:
For a police chief to say he is basically going to kill the suspect on sight is crazy! Where is due process? What happened to the constitution? This turd should be fired!
I agree that the police chief looked like a fool on TV making those kind of comments.
just saying

Georgetown, KY

#77 May 28, 2013
The chief ACTUALLY said he wasn't going to stop until he had the suspect in cuffs or behind the sight of one of his weapons.
I'm pretty sure that means that he'll take the suspect if he goes willingly, if not he'll be forced to use his weapon.

Don't forget to include all parts of what he said.
I fully support what Chief Rick Mccubbin said, how could you forget that 2 young boys woke up without their day and his wife will never see her husband again all because of this reckless killer?
FYI

Georgetown, KY

#78 May 28, 2013
Anytime approach a subject at gunpoint they person is in their front sight. They dont always shoot..
aahhem

Bardstown, KY

#79 May 28, 2013
Shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? I didn't know there were people this stupid living in this country. Get out of here with your ignorant inside job conspiracy theorist BS.
if it is true that there really is no auio or video then what other explantion do you have....just a coincedence i suppose. if i was his wife i would be preparing my lawsuit. JS

Since: Dec 08

Bardstown, KY

#80 May 28, 2013
This is WTF is wrong with people, have you ever heard the saying "eye for an eye"? I bet you that every single cop in the United States feels the same way Chief McCubbins does. Live inside your perfect little happy world you f'in idiots. There is and has been a war going on in Bardstown, but most of the ones on here bitchin@ about what he said probably doesn't leave the house much.

I used to smoke a little weed back in the day and not care a whole lot for the authorities. But, I will tell you right now the same person you are criticizing could have already saved your life multiple times. My attitude has changed a lot over the years and I support the police 100%. Those who don't like them live on the wrong side of the law. One more thing the cops don't make the laws, they are paid to enforce them.
Honey badger

Lexington, KY

#81 May 28, 2013
Leave it to the country back ass wards folks of Bardstown "the most beautiful small town in the US " to comment on what the Chief said , what if it was your coworker that will put his life on the line for you , I'm sure you wouldn't say a word. Truth be known that's what our Chief should be saying finally a Chief with balls. Obviously if you don't want justice true justice your a thief, lier , con artist or a communist coward yourself. You should be ashamed of your remarks. Find something else to do like dating your sister or brother !!!!
IwannaKnow

Bardstown, KY

#82 May 28, 2013
really want answers wrote:
1. Well, why has the KSP stepped in?(This took place outside of the Bardstown City Police jurisdiction, so the KSP took over the investigation)
2. Why have they locked the BPD out of the investigation?( I doubt they are locked out, just not in charge)
3. First of all, how would anyone know exactly when and what he would be driving at that time of night?(Officer Ellis could have had the same routine daily, in CIA training they tell you never do the same routine twice in a row, vary what you do and your route)
4. How would they know when to lay the debris out unless they were tipped off by someone else at the station?(Tipped off by someone watching Officer Ellis, and yes there probably was a call to let the killer/s know he was coming, that is why I would have every cell phone call going into that area that night and who made it. No one else much is awake in that part of the country at that time of the day, so there has to be a track or calls coming in our out of the area,)
5. Most people I know would get out and move the debris when they see it. If I had to guess, this was probably laid there within 2 to 3 minutes of the officers arrival.( Once again, why I would be checking cell phone calls into the area, CB radio would have allowed them to be heard by someone else)
6. Second, he drives a car home that he usually doesn't drive.( My guess he drove that home more than we know, maybe because it was a weekend coming up or something, either way he had been watched enough the killers knew his routine).
7. That car has no video or audio equipment. This might be the most damning evidence.( Damning to who? Did the chief tell him he had to take that car that night, I doubt it! This was standard for him to do is my guess)
Because no one on the outside could or would know this. Unless they were working with someone on the inside.
8. He was set up period.(This I agree with, but not by someone on the inside!)
9. Theres also the fact that the chief has already come out and said they are gonna kill they suspect.( He said he would be brought to justice, he did infer if he wanted it they would put him in their sites)(This is being overblown! If I were KSP, I'd get the location of each computer supporting the killer/s and talk to them, I would not be surprised if it were someone who was involved trying to throw doubt on where to look, there's Georgia post on here supporting the bad guys, did they leave down and go down there?)
9. I think they are a little worried now that the KSP is involved and has indirectly hinted that this is an inside job.(This is a totally false statement)
what the hell is "debris"? Is it a tree, a log, some branches, rocks, broken glass? What kind of "debris" would cause him to stop and get out of his vehicle? There were no storms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotels that rent out pool 55 min Truth 2
billy thacker 1 hr funnybunny 2
Pawn Shops 21 hr Michael 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bardstown, KY (Jul '10) 22 hr Marriage 174
Pie Doh (Jan '15) 23 hr Cahill 24
News Unsolved murders leave Nelson Co. residents afraid (May '14) Tue oh well 22
Did anyone else see the 2 orange things fly ove... Tue maybe 3
Missing woman Jul 25 KRF 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages