Town and Country Bank

Bardstown, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2011
What's the Town and Country Bank board of directors thinking? They just bought their new CEO a new shiny Cadillac -- in you face!!!! Then, the next day management announced that in an effort to cut expenses they were going to cut employees hours. Hard working, good people in Bardstown who are now upset that they may not be able to pay their bills next month! Why???? In addition to that an announcement was made last week that Denise VanSteenlandt (the COO who made the decision to fire 5 people in March of this past year with well over 100 years of service to the bank) has been offered a position there PERMANTLY. Haven't the employees there suffered enough?

Bardstown, KY

#2 Aug 26, 2011
Oops typo -- should have been Shareholder

Bardstown, KY

#3 Aug 26, 2011
Permanently wrong too. Spell check obviously not working
yee haw

Bardstown, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2011
really? Cadillac? should have gone for the Benz

Bardstown, KY

#5 Aug 28, 2011
Well i think a caddy is fine,lets try to keep it american...maybe..
Not Profitable

Bardstown, KY

#6 Aug 29, 2011
The board has been so consumed with bad loans that they've completely mismanaged the part of the bank that makes most of the money - the difference between what they charge for loans and what they pay on deposits. For all of us depositors, we know they're not paying us any interest, so why can't they make any money? Could it be they are blowing it on overpriced executives and consultants?

Might as well buy 4 or 5 Cadillacs, since at this rate the FDIC is going to shut it down if they don't start making money.

BTW, if you've got more than $250k in there, you better move it because it's not insured.

Bardstown, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Does Miller Springs have their loan at Town & Country? Heard they were in trouble with bank.

Bardstown, KY

#8 Aug 29, 2011
I would have taken a Lincoln over a caddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Houck and Rogers (Sep '17) 6 hr Tragedian_ne 632
Jordan At Five Star 7 hr OriginalPoster 16
Denny Curtsinger 17 hr Know him 26
Dianne chesser 22 hr Tabitha 2
McDonald's 22 hr Snowflake 5
Jake's Sausage Sat jim thompson 1
jobs without a ged (Jun '12) Sat I Eat Poo Poo 22

Bardstown Jobs

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages