Best restaurants in Bardstown

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Foodie

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2012
What is your favorite restaurant in Bardstown and why? Looking for some places to go but don't want to waste my time or money on bad food.
Thanks!!!
My Town

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Java joint
Foodie

United States

#3 Dec 16, 2012
My Town wrote:
Java joint
What's the best thing on the menu?
No way

Bardstown, KY

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Mammies kitchen and Suzy Q's, good food, good service and very reasonable prices
Nope

Bardstown, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2012
No way wrote:
Mammies kitchen and Suzy Q's, good food, good service and very reasonable prices
Suzie Q's: average food and HORRIBLE service since the day they opened. I've give that place a try off and on to see if it has improved. Last time was two months ago and the answer is no.
Forty five minutes to get a meal when there are only 3 other people there is ludicrous. It wouldn't be acceptable even if they were busy.
They don't server gourmet items, or anything that requires that kind of prep time.
How they stay open is beyond me.

Since: Dec 12

United States

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Mammy's is dirty n gross. Susie q's is slow n bland. No really good restaurants here. Circa is decent, Pat's Place is alright sometime, but ur better off going to Chili's or El Jimador
1234srr

Casey, IL

#7 Dec 17, 2012
BJ's is always good,

I like Mammy's for their breakfast but their service has been slow on each of my visits,

Okina Sushi is really good (though they don't receive much business),

And best of all in my opinion, for non franchise restaurants around here, I'd have to say Down Home BBQ. If you're expecting glass plates and silverware then skip this place but if you like really good food at a reasonable price..DH BBQ is a great choice. Their BBQ sandwiches are chronic and I've recently favorited their half chicken dinner.
My Town

Louisville, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Foodie wrote:
<quoted text>What's the best thing on the menu?
The stuffed pig panini
The HECKLER

Bardstown, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Bourbon City Bistro.
yummm

Bardstown, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
The HECKLER wrote:
Bourbon City Bistro.
Best food in town.
Really

United States

#11 Dec 17, 2012
The Ruckhouse is by FAR the best in town. Best steak I've ever tasted, not to mention the best menu in town.
Really

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2012
*The Rickhouse
FOOD

Bardstown, KY

#13 Dec 17, 2012
I have to agree with Really, The Rickhouse does have the best food in town! At first I thought it was going to be really pricey, but it's actually very reasonable. Cheaper than any Louisville steak house, minus the drive. If you go, you have to try the mac&cheese and scalloped potatoes.. AMAZING!
Yep

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Dec 17, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzie Q's: average food and HORRIBLE service since the day they opened. I've give that place a try off and on to see if it has improved. Last time was two months ago and the answer is no.
Forty five minutes to get a meal when there are only 3 other people there is ludicrous. It wouldn't be acceptable even if they were busy.
They don't server gourmet items, or anything that requires that kind of prep time.
How they stay open is beyond me.
how long it takes to get a meal has nothing to do with the servers. It's the cooks that's the problems. All the servers are wonderful
Nope

Bardstown, KY

#15 Dec 17, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text> how long it takes to get a meal has nothing to do with the servers. It's the cooks that's the problems. All the servers are wonderful
Service is more than the waiter/waitress. If the cooks are a problem, it's still bad customer service.
thick lady

Bardstown, KY

#16 Dec 18, 2012
yummm wrote:
<quoted text>Best food in town.
Chilli's has good food and the general manager is one of the best i have ever ran in to.He takes pride in his resturant.Works very hard you would think he was a regular employee.
King Hammy

Louisville, KY

#17 Dec 19, 2012
thick lady you wanna hit a bufett wit me sumtime. Im takin off from slangin on thursdy. BMG fa life.
My opinion

United States

#18 Dec 19, 2012
The HECKLER wrote:
Bourbon City Bistro.
The Bourbon City Bistro is way over priced and you don't get much food with your order. Rob Hamilton is a crook and a con man. If you want to spend a lot of money and leave hungry then that's the right place for you to go.
Foodie

United States

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Any opinions on Circa or Kreso's?
Man About Town

Bardstown, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Foodie wrote:
Any opinions on Circa or Kreso's?
Kreso's: small amounts of lukewarm food prepared in bizarre ways. It's like dining somewhere in their native Romania (or where ever they come from) during WWII.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tammy 39 min Lisa Nelson25 44
Brooks Houck and Nick Houck 1 hr Cartel looker 72
where can Crystal Rogers body be found? (Mar '17) 1 hr --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 160
What happened to Cracker Barrel? 1 hr Mr_Big 15
Jimmy hellard has he ripped you off? and let's ... 1 hr Khh 108
Brandon Williams 5 hr Katie 8
Nice gay Bar (Aug '09) 22 hr Love4boys1968 87

Bardstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance