First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bbg

Bardstown, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2009
I heard today that Mitsuba is closing by the end of the year. Does anyone have any details?
Dick cheney

Bardstown, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2009
Moving most of there work load over sea's ,cheaper labor, no health coverage to pay out on ,It's no rumor .It was all pretty clear in the meeting today ,With production moving out ,massive cuts are to follow .
goodness

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2009
how many employed now?
shame

Sunnyvale, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2009
That's terrible! I feel bad for those that are still there. Glad I got out when I did. Good luck to Al of you
Mayor Dyke Beaton

Bardstown, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2009
What!!!!! More of my electrical income gone!!!!

Guess I'll have to tax the remaining citizens even harder to save my DRAMA.
curious

Bardstown, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2009
Mayor Dyke Beaton wrote:
Dude, give it up
Mayor Want to be

Coxs Creek, KY

#7 Aug 15, 2009
Mayor Dyke Beaton wrote:
Dude, keep it going. Love it!!!
HOLLYWOOD

Bardstown, KY

#8 Aug 15, 2009
I used toe work there. I was a good place to work at one time. I worked on second shift and loved it. Then they gave people like judy marino, mike lanham and tom ashby jobs.
just wonder n

Bardstown, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2009
HOLLYWOOD wrote:
I used toe work there. I was a good place to work at one time. I worked on second shift and loved it. Then they gave people like judy marino, mike lanham and tom ashby jobs.
Yea man, know what ya mean. I was on wiper motor we'd throw a wrench in the line and go have a smoke break while the mechanics tried to figure out what happened. Damn Lanham had to come along and put and end to all our fun and games.
stupid

Sunnyvale, CA

#10 Aug 16, 2009
just wonder n wrote:
<quoted text> Yea man, know what ya mean. I was on wiper motor we'd throw a wrench in the line and go have a smoke break while the mechanics tried to figure out what happened. Damn Lanham had to come along and put and end to all our fun and games.
yes! And ignorance like that is why the place is closing, and we are losing our jobs! Dumbass!
Paladin

United States

#11 Aug 16, 2009
stupid wrote:
<quoted text> yes! And ignorance like that is why the place is closing, and we are losing our jobs! Dumbass!
You’re losing your job because the japs have used up all the incentives for locating here. When Cap and Trade is instituted the only place to work will be Wal-Mart. I give the Toyota Georgetown plant about 5 or 6 more years before they put the squeeze on the state or move on.
Dick cheney

Bardstown, KY

#12 Aug 17, 2009
There are too many things that brought mitsuba down, piss poor management ,No one in upper management has a degree in anything,Money spent on failed projects ,economy, plus when jideco was bought out ,it more for a tax write off as a loss anyways,Since it became mitsuba new contracts have not been sought after ,any major new lines went to other mitsuba factories even when it made more sense for the parts to be made here in bardstown ,This has been in the works for some time now ,The sad thing is most of the people that has high seniority are the laziest non workers you will ever see and they will keep some of the jobs that are left there while good hard working people go out the door.
justcurious

Ashburn, VA

#13 Aug 17, 2009
how many people are expected to lose there jobs? Are the employees receiving any compensation other than unemployment?I guess this wasn'tcompletely a surprise though
Dick cheney

Bardstown, KY

#14 Aug 18, 2009
No compensation ,just unemployment ,Looking to be about 40 people left working total.
just curious

Ashburn, VA

#15 Aug 18, 2009
Dick cheney wrote:
No compensation ,just unemployment ,Looking to be about 40 people left working total.
So, instead of a major downsizing they are closing the factory? I certainly feel sorry for these people. Guess they weren't surprised by all this.
whatiknow

Kansas City, MO

#16 Aug 18, 2009
I heard that there was a new factory coming to Bardstown. They supposedly make fake plastic vaginas. It will give all you DICKS on TOPIX a place to go! LMAO!
up late

Newburgh, IN

#18 Aug 18, 2009
whatiknow wrote:
I heard that there was a new factory coming to Bardstown. They supposedly make fake plastic vaginas. It will give all you DICKS on TOPIX a place to go! LMAO!
I heard the first vagina was the deluxe vagina for major dicks and it is reserved for you.
me again

Louisville, KY

#19 Aug 18, 2009
u all are so stupid people are loosing their jobs and you all are being dumb, grow up
whatiknow

Kansas City, MO

#20 Aug 18, 2009
up late, now that is funny!
keep it real

Sunnyvale, CA

#21 Aug 18, 2009
Dick cheney wrote:
There are too many things that brought mitsuba down, piss poor management ,No one in upper management has a degree in anything,Money spent on failed projects ,economy, plus when jideco was bought out ,it more for a tax write off as a loss anyways,Since it became mitsuba new contracts have not been sought after ,any major new lines went to other mitsuba factories even when it made more sense for the parts to be made here in bardstown ,This has been in the works for some time now ,The sad thing is most of the people that has high seniority are the laziest non workers you will ever see and they will keep some of the jobs that are left there while good hard working people go out the door.
read the other mitsuba post.you can't turn farmers into engineers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Houck and Rogers (Sep '17) 16 min --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 913
Blacktop Sealers 1 hr Osha 6
Do you need a permit for a pool? (Jun '12) 2 hr Have common sense 35
Ruzel 3 hr Osha 4
New to area 3 hr Osha 7
Faith and Broken Churches in Bardstown 4 hr GodSetMeFree 1
Preston Price (Mar '10) 5 hr Vladimir Trumpski 8

Bardstown Jobs

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages