Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
63,221 - 63,240 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

@ Oglala I am interested in being prepared also. I realize I am getting a very late start. I hope to pick up some tips on what can be done quickly and inexpensively, if that is possible at this late date. Months ago, I read through the whole history of this thread but I should have taken notes on this subject. I am one that follows the thread quietly.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Hello Ancient Wolf, lala, Sybil, kevin, and all the other decent posters. I see someone has a post up for more than 2 minutes. haha Yesterday was a treat. They were saying I paid the mods off. If that would've worked I would have done that back in April. hahaha
What a beautiful day, I hope you all get out to enjoy it. I have this morning. Taking a break and then out again. Got to enjoy them while we have them. Winter is around the corner.
I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!
Good Morning, it was not much more.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Comment wrote:
@ Oglala I am interested in being prepared also. I realize I am getting a very late start. I hope to pick up some tips on what can be done quickly and inexpensively, if that is possible at this late date. Months ago, I read through the whole history of this thread but I should have taken notes on this subject. I am one that follows the thread quietly.
JustPlainFreaky
Auxier, KY

#6732 page 320
Jan 23, 2011

Abliever - Peace - St Hicky...who is game for keeping the master list?

I am not lala, but if you go back to this page and start reading that is where we began our survival lists with lots of good input. Look for those names above...JPF is Ohio Jeep Girl, Ancient Wolf, Prepper, A Soldier, watch, Peace, LSD923, and many others contributed some great sites, military survival training, Native American and numerous tips offered throughout the pages after that. I can give you the list of supplies everyone came up with as well if you would like it. I cut and pasted that along with many other tips offered up. It was a great list we came up with talking about the dead birds, earthquakes, solar flares, and other natural or terrorist disasters. Looking back I sure miss those people posting. It was a great thread.

Hope you have a great day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, it was not much more.
But the afternoon is getting better. Thanks to the MODS. I read some posts from Jan 2011 around the 300 page on and sure smiled thinking of all our favorite regular posters that are no longer posting. There sure was some great survival tips. I also would love to go back and read all the Native American stories that were told. Sure was an interesting time on this thread.

Hope you have a better afternoon, after just a "good" morning. lol
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Thank you so much, Abeliever! I enjoy reading your posts. I am almost homebound and live vicariously through you! Have a great day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Comment wrote:
Thank you so much, Abeliever! I enjoy reading your posts. I am almost homebound and live vicariously through you! Have a great day!
You are so welcome. If you don't find the list, I will be happy to post it for you. Glad you have stuck with the thread. We hope to get it back to the interesting topics we were discussing since the birds dropped dead. It was quite informative. Especially the survival tips. Hopefully some of those posters from early on will come back if the Mods continue to sweep through trying to keep this thread clean. I am grateful for the great friendships some of us have shared through email because of this thread. There really are some great people posting or just reading this thread. Wish they all would come back. If you read up from those pages you will know who they are. Besides the list there were some great links that you can click on without worry of the "regulars" throughout those pages.

Enjoy your day. Thanks for the kind words.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Hey guys! What a beautiful day today, huh? I just got back from town. Now I can relax for the rest of the day!! WootWoot!!

I agree, we need to start our lists and tidbits of prepper advice again. I'll construct mine on notepad and post it later today. I hope others will too. We can share, or re-share as the case may be, what we're putting away for hard times...

One thing I can tell you all right now is that we've also put up some coins and spare cash around the house. Some of it is buried outside in a PVC pipe and sealed. Paper money might be of no use once SHTF, but gold or silver coins and gold or silver jewelry, no matter how ugly the pieces might be, can be used to barter for goods if you need something and it's been a long systems outage......

Yeah, I'm a serious prepper and I won't apologize for it. It's not like I'll waste what we've got put back because it gets rotated if it's a perishable item. And the silver coins or old jewelry pieces that are pure metals only get more valuable with time. It's a win/win situation in my opinion!!
:)
egads

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

what does this thread have to do with birds dying? just asking?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

egads wrote:
Partially, it entails preparing ourselves in case something is going on that may also affect our wellbeing and our ability to survive. When it stays on track that is.......
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Hi "Nope", you are right about the gold and silver and OJG kept us all up on the prices and articles about paper money not helping if the SHTF. Can't understand why people keep asking what this has to do with the birds dying? Hello, that just made us all aware and start our conversations about what caused it and then due to that what we would do if the SHTF. I have a list that everyone put together that you would need in your "grab and go" bag or in your storm shelter. I will post it. Wonder if they constantly ask the posters on the 4 rand/paul 2010 threads if they are still talking about it. lol

I hope we can stay on track with that and just decent conversations like we use to. Glad to see a couple more "regular" posters come back as they see the nasty comments disappear. That would be great.

It sure has been a beautiful day. I wish we could keep them for a while. Warm days and cool nights. Perfect weather we are having. We are Lucky in Kentucky to also enjoy the beautiful colors the trees have provided. Awesome day.

Hope you have a great evening too.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Emergency Kit
# Item
2 Bandannas (Multi-use)
2 Gloves, Leather Work
2 Ponchos
2 Underwear Sets, Heavy Insulated
1 Book-Boy Scout Field book
1 Book-Boy Scout Handbook
1 Maps, Various-Road, Railroad, Elevation
1 Radio/Flashlight-solar, crank, battery, AC
2 Bic Lighter
1 Ethanol, 190 proof (Fuel, Antiseptic, Drink)
5 Fire Starters ( 2 kinds)
1 Magnesium Bar
2 Matches, Waterproof (50)
1 Matches, Wood Strike Anywhere (32)
1 Metal Match
1 Steel Wool, Cotton Balls (Fire Starter)
1 Stove Fuel Adapter, Es bit & 1 cube fuel
1 Stove, Backpacking, Es bit or Alcohol Fuel
4 3600 Calorie Emergency Food Bars
1 Cinnamon Hearts Candy
4 Freeze Dried Entrees for 1
7 Freeze Dried Entrees for 2
4 Freeze Dried Granola w Milk/Blueberries
4 Freeze Dried Scrambled Eggs/Ham/Peppers
1 Life Caps (60 caps) Vitamins
4 MRE's--Ready to Eat Meals
1 Body Wash, No Rinse 4 oz
1 Hand Sanitizer, 3 oz
2 Kleenex Packs
1 Shampoo, No Rinse 4 oz
2 Toothbrushes
1 Toothpaste
12 Wipes, Germ X
6 Wipes, Wet Ones
1 Candle Holder, Uco
1 Candle, 120 hour
2 Candles, Uco
2 LED Headlamps
6 LED Headlamp Batteries
7 Light Sticks
6 Face Mask-N95
1 First Aid Kit
4 Ki03 Potassium Iodate (Radiation Antidote)
$20 Quarters
Silver Coins
1 Tarp, Ground
1 Tent, Backpacking 2 person
1 Tent, Tube 2 person
1 Can Opener, GI
1 Cell Phone Charger Adapter
1 Compass/Whistle/Thermometer/Ma gnifier
1 Stove Accessory, Cozy-Food Insulator
2 Cups, Collapsible
2 Cups, Hard Plastic
2 Eating Utensils, Metal (fork, spoon)
2 Eating Utensils, Plastic (fork, knife, spoon)
1 Fasteners Pkt, Various (Velcro, Ties, Duct Tape)
1 Fishing and Snare Kit
3 Garbage Bags, Large (shelter, warmth, Water)
2 Knife, Sheath, Fire Starter
1 Knife, Swiss Army
1 Leather Scrap (Hold Fire Tender, Protect Hand)
7 Paracord Fasteners
50 ft Paracord, orange and green
4 Zip Lock Bags, Large and small (water,storage)
2 Blanket, Survival Heatsheets (for 1 or 2)
2 Blankets, All Weather
4 Hand Warmers
2 Sleeping Bag, Emergency Bivvy Heat sheet
4 SteriPen-Batteries-AA
24 Electrolyte Tabs
1 SteriPen-Water UV Sterilizer
1 Sublimated Iodine-Water Treatment
2 Water Bags, 2.5 Liter, Backpacking
2 Water Bottles, Nalgene 1 Liter
1 Water Filter System, PUR (9 treatments)
1 Water Prefilters, Pkt
80 Water Treatment Tablets, Micropur (1 liter ea)
18 Water-Drinking Pkts 4 oz ea
2 Zip Lock Bags, 5 Gal (for use with PUR)

Washcloths and/or small towel
Socks
Underwear
Hiking Boots
Weather-appropriate clothing
Sunscreen
Mosquito Repellent
Lip Balm
Flashlight
Hats

Backpack (2nd)
Fire Fuel Items (Es bit, Alcohol)
Plastic Sheets and tape for apt. windows
GPS
http://www.providentprovisions.net/Food-Stora...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

1. Generators
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps (First Choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice – Beans – Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid
13. Water Containers
16. Propane Cylinders
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc.
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula. ointments/aspirin, etc.
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Cookstoves (Propane, Coleman & Kerosene)
22. Vitamins
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder (Urgent: Small canister use is dangerous without this item)
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. & Heavy Duty (Great Cooking and Barter Item)
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags (Impossible To Have Too Many).
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk – Powdered & Condensed (Shake Liquid every 3 to 4 months)
32. Garden Seeds (Non-Hybrid)(A MUST)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers (A MUST)
34. Coleman’s Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or..large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes…buy furthest-out for Expiration Dates)
39. Garlic, spices & vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast & salt
42. Matches.{“Strike Anywhere” preferred.) Boxed, wooden matches will go first
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests
45. Work boots, belts, Levis & durable shirts
46. Flashlights/LIGHTSTICKS & torches,“No. 76 Dietz” Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries & Scrapbooks
48. Garbage cans Plastic
49. Men’s Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware (sturdy, efficient)
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
54. Tarps/stakes/twine/nails/rope/ spikes
55. Candles
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools & supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics & sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach (plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies,(Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives & Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles…Tires/tubes/pumps/cha ins, etc
65. Sleeping Bags & blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. d-con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless & Antibacterial soap (saves a lot of water)
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies (razors & creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps & siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soy sauce, vinegar, bullions/gravy/soup base
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
78.“Survival-in-a-Can”
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Boy Scout Handbook,/ also Leaders Catalog
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit (MANCO)
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc.(extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
87. Cots & Inflatable mattress’s
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
91. Teas
92. Coffee
93. Cigarettes
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats & cotton neckerchiefs
100. Livestock
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

walmart/ farmers co op: seeds heirloom if you can get them, bee sting kits, asprin/tylenol, emergency blankets, magnesium firestarters, babywipes, hand sanitizer, waterless soap, duct tape, rope/wire, magnifying glass, couple knifes, pottrd meat and vienne sausages last for like 5 years. water purifier tablets.
heres a start....lighters/cheap candles
an unopened roll of fishing line/ hooks/ sinkers all very cheap and worth their weight in gold
if you wrap up in an emergency blanket and then get into a cheap sleeping bag you will roast so buy emergency blankets and cheap bags, also buy 2 or 3 cans of the spray on boot waterproofing, great stuff for boots, tents, sleeping bags, put back a few tarps as well, their great to hang as a water catcher or as a good lean too
My herb lady friend when we were talking about survival stuff a couple years back...she said to take any valuables like jewelry, old coins and things - place them in a glass jar and burry them where you can find them later. Important papers too.

Animals can chew into plastic, but not jars.
you all dont have one you really need to buy a survival hand book, get a good one because they show edible plants from poisonous ones. and a ranger hand book will have a lot of basic stuff useful as well, walmart carries collapsable water containers and DONT forget to buy some emergency blankets they are in a small hand size packet in the camping area. lysol canisters of wipes are on sale right now as well.
rope, wire, waterproof matches, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, tooth brushed, tooth paste, waterless soap.
Also - Hopi Blue corn can be turned int a meal...that meal, only one teaspoon a day has enough protien to keep you alive....great survival food,
an unopened roll of fishing line/ hooks/ sinkers all very cheap and worth their weight in gold
Solar powered/hand crank radio (NOAA, AM/FM, short wave)
Solar powered lanterns. Snake bite kit. Mess kit w/coffee pot. Flints and starter material. First Aid kit. Fishing kits. Water purification tablets. Sleeping bags good to -20 degrees. Bleach/Detergent packets. Duct tape. Compass. Hand held mirrors. Sewing kits, also can be used for suturing. 4 large tarps. Disposable razors. Hunting knives. 4 five gallon collapsible water jugs. A few clean five gallon buckets. A couple of new unopened plastic shower curtains. Rope, and a lot of it. A small portable home repair kit with hammer, screwdrivers, tacks, nails, etc. Candles. A 6 pack of cheap wash cloths. Liquid soap. Plus extra Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, Povidine Iodine and Tincture of Violet for wounds
http://www.scchealth.org/docs/ems/docs/prepar...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

R Evolution wrote:
<quoted text>
great episode tonight, it's starting to get real interesting now.
What time and channel?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

R Evolution wrote:
<quoted text>
always keep in mind the possibility of fear-mongering and false flag attack to achieve a desired agenda which usually means more control for the powers that be. Sure it is always possible that our enemies want to attack us, but what has prevented them from doing that in the past? For instance, we lived in fear of the Communist threat from Russia and the possibility of a mutual assured nuclear annihilation during the arms race and the cold war, and fortunately it never happened, but nonetheless the fear and uncertainty was always there. It is my belief that the New World Order is already in its final stages of being completed and although we are led to believe that the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians are our enemies, at the highest levels of government this is only a show and conflicts are staged to achieve their agenda which is a one world government and the consolidation of power by the world banks and military-industrial-congressio nal complex. Remember that war is the only way to silence dissent and very often these wars are manufactured by creating fear in order to expedite the process of quelling dissent.
This goes back to our discussion of the Hegelian dialectic which OJG and discussed at length last year. Remember the triad of problem-reaction-solution. They create the problem (conflict) and anticipate the reaction (fear as we give up our liberty for security) and they provide the solution (war followed by more control over the entire planet). We should have learned this lesson from history with WWI and WWII because after each one more power was consolidated to the emerging one world government. Now they are preparing for WWIII which has been planned for over 2 centuries as the final step to the NWO. It will not surprise me if there is an EMP attack or cyber warfare that will be blamed on our 'enemies' which will inevitably lead to war. It may even be done in order to quell dissent within this country. We must be cognizant of these possibilities and do everything we can to prevent our government from leading us into WWIII. In other words, humanity as a whole must evolve out of the war mindset. Evolution not revolution.
I agree. Social engineering is also a factor. Just take a look at the textbooks young children are using in school. They are being indoctrinated at a very early age.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What time and channel?
Hi lala, it comes on Monday nights at 10pm on NBC. It is awesome. Last night was the fourth show, if you can catch it on Demand or the internet you will love it. If you liked LOST, you will like Revolution. Even more since it is about the power gird going down and the search to turn it back on. Awesome show.

I hope you are having a great day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you hear? What ever Being it was, it died from Bush's Fault. Been going around for four years now. They are hoping for a cure sometime next month.
If a cure is not found , The Bush's Fault disease will become an epidermic and will destroy many people all over this country. The 'Bush's fault' disease is also called Communism, in case you want to look it up.
Right. Now the agenda is class warfare, redistribution of wealth, etc. It didn't work in Europe and it won't work here. The problem is that young people don't have the wealth of knowledge to be aware of this trend. The present generation is apathetic, and by the time they realize what is going on, it will be too late.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

egads wrote:
The bird dying is just the tip of the iceberg. It may be related to environmental changes, mass die-offs of other animals, seismic activity, volcanoes reawakening from their long slumbers, etc. There are changes afoot, either natural or man-made, and we had better pay attention. If we don't, it may be a case of, "Nero fiddled while Rome burned." History does tend to repeat itself.
R Evolution

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What time and channel?
Monday nights at 10pm on NBC
R Evolution

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Social engineering is also a factor. Just take a look at the textbooks young children are using in school. They are being indoctrinated at a very early age.
I agree, social engineering in the way of mass media and controlled education where basically the majority of children are being dumbed down and indoctrinated at a very early age. America is no longer producing the best and brightest of the world and it has been like this for a very long time now. Our educational system ranks far behind many countries now to the point that even American kids have conceded to the notion that Asians and other foreigners are smarter than them. At some point this needs to turn around and that means we have to demand and expect more from our educational system and our children, sadly we don't, and ignorance has become the norm and socially tolerated and accepted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Jim beam 3 hr cindylorey 10
Speeders 3 hr agree 2
babee 5 hr Bluegrasspirate 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 5 hr well 16,127
Road construction on 31E to Coxs creek 15 hr Bumpy 1
Cinco De Mayo 18 hr Mom 3

Search the Bardstown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bardstown People Search