Bardstown police officer shot and killed

May 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WAVE-TV Louisville

The Bardstown officer was found dead in uniform inside his cruiser. He was on his way home from work, according to KSP.

Comments
1 - 20 of 277 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Mad House

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

May the animals involved in this cowardly execution face justice on both sides of eternity.
Agreed

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

I hope the same Mad House. I hope someone comes forward with info to put this lowlife away. Thoughts and prayers out to his family and law enforcement everywhere. Sad story. May the coward who did this face the wrath of justice, whatever it may be.
never know

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Agreed wrote:
I hope the same Mad House. I hope someone comes forward with info to put this lowlife away. Thoughts and prayers out to his family and law enforcement everywhere. Sad story. May the coward who did this face the wrath of justice, whatever it may be.
Should the nation be outraged for the Ft. Hood 'terrorist' getting almost $300,000. What was the basis of that? Off topic, but such a tragedy for a young father and husband. Have you noticed earlier comments complaining about the police 'being so mean'. I would think they do well to contain themselves with these smart mouths.
what happend

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Mad House wrote:
May the animals involved in this cowardly execution face justice on both sides of eternity.
what the hell happened?
pray

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

what happend wrote:
<quoted text>what the hell happened?
put out a big reward now so this cowards buddies will turn them in..
K9 officer

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Where was the K9 dog at when they shot the officer? I wonder where the person or people was at when they did this? Bc it makes me worry if it was just a random that just shot the offiicer. or if they had it in for the officer. Bc they're still out there and could do it again. I here a lot of people saying its the ones from the Huddle House that did it. I guess their out on the streets still then. I hope and pray they find who did this and thier locked and throw away the key & get the death penalty. I was also wondering if he could of been pulling someone over bc they could of shot him then and if that's what happened then there is cameras and i hope it won't be very long they can make an arrest. prayers sent to the family and friends what a very sad day.
good point

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

K9 officer wrote:
Where was the K9 dog at when they shot the officer? I wonder where the person or people was at when they did this? Bc it makes me worry if it was just a random that just shot the offiicer. or if they had it in for the officer. Bc they're still out there and could do it again. I here a lot of people saying its the ones from the Huddle House that did it. I guess their out on the streets still then. I hope and pray they find who did this and thier locked and throw away the key & get the death penalty. I was also wondering if he could of been pulling someone over bc they could of shot him then and if that's what happened then there is cameras and i hope it won't be very long they can make an arrest. prayers sent to the family and friends what a very sad day.
You bring up a good point about the cuiser having a camera and recording everything. I hope that's the case.
enraged

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Bmg my ass

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

K9 officer wrote:
Why is everybody trying to pin this on the bmg's?just because he arrested the guys who did the crime. They all pled guilty to the crime and will end up doing the time. I'm sorry the man lost his life and who ever took his life will pay but keep your finger pointing to yourself. Don't need any "he said she said". He'll for all ya'll know it could be another nut job like the one who killed the Marion Co officer!!!! My prayers go out to his family!
He was a great guy

Coxs Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

He had more than one dog. One was Bosco and I can't remember the other and there may have been more than 2. They weren't with him. He wasn't in his k-9 unit vehicle when shot. He was driving an older police car home that night, no audio or dash cam :(
goop9395

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

weird
praying for his family

Ray, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

this is awful what has happened .but it sounds a little fishy to me .sounds like someone who knew him .wonder why he was drivin a car with no cameras.my thoughts and prayers go out to his family
Think

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

The officer was on his way home. Who would have any idea what route he took to go home? And be able to 'estimate' how long it would take for him to get to the off ramp.

If it is true about him being found outside his squad car, could indicate he knew the person. Maybe, someone that knew him and knew he took BG to get home; planned to stage a broken down car or truck, in order for him to get out of his car. Which would give the shooter a chance to fire the deadly shot. Seems to be an inside job or someone he trusted.

My condolences to his wife and especially his children.
shade tree detective

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

good point wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a good point about the cuiser having a camera and recording everything. I hope that's the case.
As strange as it sounds,they're claiming that his cruiser had neither audio nor video.Not sure if that's only a ploy to confuse suspects or not,but I honestly thought that every police cruiser as well as half the civilian vehicles on the road was equipped with recording devices.That aside,I'm a little confused about this.Contemplating the fact that it happened on a remote on-ramp has me thinking that either A-Suspect(s) were simply looking to kill anyone who got out of their car to check whatever bait that they had in the road or on the roadside that got this particular officer out of his cruiser.(thrill kill)
B-Suspect(s) were angry with law enforcement in a different area or field,,,and was simply looking to execute any police officer who come by and got out of car for decoy.(Cop kill for revenge against authority)
C-Suspect(s) targeted this man specifically and laid a decoy in the road,the roadside,or in view that was engineered to specifically get his attention.Possibly even someone he knew flagging him down.Of course I'm basing that on the fact (going by news reports) that he just got off work.And I'm also equating that to mean that he was on an on-ramp at a specific time as routine as opposed to any other random exiting.(Almost a professional hit) If "C" is the case though,then the suspect(s) are cold,calculating and intelligent.And it's likely that after that boost of adrenaline,that they are more dangerous and desperate now than they were before they killed that officer.And looking at it,it isn't likely that they left a big enough trail of bread-crumbs behind that small town investigators will find them all.Not downgrading them or calling them unprofessional.Only saying that they are grossly under-practiced for this and it would probably be a wise strategy to pull in a well trained ranger or sniper to track a large surrounding area for cigarette butts,candy wrappers,footprints or anything of that nature that might seem outta place.Of course they got people for that,but a disinterested party would be much more thorough and concise with his investigation than several dozen C.S.U. workers getting pressure from every officer in the state to "not" goof this one up.
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

i personally dont think bmg should be ruled out...they may have pled guilty but if they are beating up elders and robbing people i doubt they had lawyer money, so not much of choice for them.
i also heard he was set to testify in court against one of them sometime this week....but who knows ppl make up all kinds of shit.

wish we knew what kinda unusual object it was on the ramp.
Really

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
i personally dont think bmg should be ruled out...they may have pled guilty but if they are beating up elders and robbing people i doubt they had lawyer money, so not much of choice for them.
i also heard he was set to testify in court against one of them sometime this week....but who knows ppl make up all kinds of shit.
wish we knew what kinda unusual object it was on the ramp.
Let's be smart about this. Bmg's aren't clever enough to come up with this. Lets face it, half the gang did not graduate from high school and if they did it was with a special Ed class. So that gives them about a 8th grade Ed level. You are giving them more credit then they deserve. When it's all said and done the town will be shocked to hear of him or wife had a affair or something of that nature. Not meaning any disrespect but It was someone he knew. Watch what I tell ya!!!
black cat

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

im sorry a cop got killed. but i wish if one of our sons or daughters were shot and killed the police would search for their killers in this manner.our loved ones are just as special.if that happened maybe we would all be safer.God bless his family.
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

yeah youre prob right....bmg tried to rob a friend of mine, calling there phone acting like a "nelson county dectective, name John Mckenzie.....like really? try again stupid. it was obviously a set up.....and idk man these kids miight have wisened up a bit been keeping up with their first 48....i know when these scallywags tried to rob my friend they KNEW his small child and baby mamma was most likely there...they didnt care....nothing ever happened btw because they where just stupid about it...the only thing that happened was them gettin a little smarter. unfortunately every crime they partake in probably teaches them a better way to do something.....when i sit down and think about the whole affair thing....seems legit, just not something you want to think bout. come on KSP get em.
yeah

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

black cat wrote:
im sorry a cop got killed. but i wish if one of our sons or daughters were shot and killed the police would search for their killers in this manner.our loved ones are just as special.if that happened maybe we would all be safer.God bless his family.
I think the point is that when someone is brazen enough to take a cops life then the general public is in much more danger. It's people like this that are most needed off the streets, they are more likely to kill any one that crosses them.
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

excuse my ignorance , but what is bmg ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Bardstown Forum right now

Search the Bardstown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 147,177
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 26 min Rainbow Kid 20
Grimes is Wrong for Kentucky! 1 hr ivote 7
Cinco De Mayo 3 hr Kayla 1
Single moms 4 hr Uhhh 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr freak 81,565
selling silver 7 hr jww 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••