Nelson County Schools hiring and firing

Nelson County Schools hiring and firing

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

What

Bardstown, KY

#1 Mar 26, 2011
How is it Nelson County Schools can fire 14 special ed teachers, but hire an assistant special ed director? The current special ed director has had to have help ever since she got that job. For years they brought back the previous special ed director who retired and paid her a lot of money to help this woman. No one else gets all this help to do their job. If she needs that much help, maybe she needs to find another job. The central office is already top heavy - why add more positions and cut front line positions with students? Is Orr going to run things like Lantz did? If so, he needs to go NOW and not linger on like Lantz did. She overstayed her welcome by years because the board members were cowards. Wake up Nelson County Board of Education members and do the job you were voted in to do! Find out what is really going on and fix the problems or you can be replaced as a board member by someone who will.
Agree

Smiths Grove, KY

#2 Mar 27, 2011
The special ed director needs to go. Ask your students what they see inside their classrooms and hallways on a daily basis. It will be a different picture from what administrators paint.
Confused Parent

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2011
If your child had a teacher on paid leave shouldnt be aware of it. Maybe not details if its personal or medical. But if it deals with a student parents and community should be told. With all the abuse that is going on in our schools these days. Think that the school board should let us know these things.
LOL

Anderson, SC

#4 Sep 18, 2011
Well, enlighten us....what are they seeing in the halls everyday??
Name

Bardstown, KY

#5 Sep 19, 2011
Because Anthony Orr is a dumbass. Way in over his head here. Needs to go. His decisions of firing teachers, principals, coaches, are pathetic. He needs a third class ticket out of here. Board members also.
Confused Parent

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2011
Name from Bardstown--- I agree with you maybe we should compare notes with each other. Seems like we have some of the same thoughts.
Name

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Sep 20, 2011
Confused Parent wrote:
Name from Bardstown--- I agree with you maybe we should compare notes with each other. Seems like we have some of the same thoughts.
I would love to compare notes on that idiot Orr. The way he treated Curt Haun, Doug Johnson, and Jeremy Hill at the High School last year is ridiculous. He let 3 great guys go that really cared about the kids. Now we have a clone of Orr as the principal at the high school now. This new principal Eric Gilpin looks like Orr and acts like Orr. it's a tragedy we have two morons like these 2 guys making decisions I'm really disappointed in the Board members letting this guy get away with some of the decisions he has made.
Confused Parent

AOL

#8 Sep 21, 2011
Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to compare notes on that idiot Orr. The way he treated Curt Haun, Doug Johnson, and Jeremy Hill at the High School last year is ridiculous. He let 3 great guys go that really cared about the kids. Now we have a clone of Orr as the principal at the high school now. This new principal Eric Gilpin looks like Orr and acts like Orr. it's a tragedy we have two morons like these 2 guys making decisions I'm really disappointed in the Board members letting this guy get away with some of the decisions he has made.
Well there are some teachers that still around that should be let go but of course those are the ones who he wants in there cause they are idiots just like he is.
Yeah Yeah I know

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Would one of you happen to be a teacher? You seem to only be talking about Nelson County High School, and not all Nelson County Schools. But, I have to agree. I loved Curt, totally great guy. It was a load of horseshit for them to let him go. Being there on a weekly basis, I really thought things went well. They focused less on that fucking dress code, and more on education. Who knows what to expect now.
Disgruntled teacher

Pflugerville, TX

#10 Sep 28, 2011
Yes, I teach at the high school so I'm not familiar with the other people who were wrongly let go in within the district. I will tell you our new principal Eric Gilpin is more concerned with rules than education. He wouldn't allow a prayer ceremony( meet me at the pole) to happen during school hours which is totally ridiculous. He only did it because they didn't do it in Bowling Green. This guy is a Controll freak. I do think Orr needs to explain letting Curt go with our scores going up significantly in the High School. I'm not an Anthony Orr by any means and certainly dislike Gilpin. It's a struggle daily at the high school because all Gilpin wants to do is reject every idea that is proposed to him, but has no ideas of his own.
confused parent

Louisville, KY

#11 Sep 30, 2011
Disgruntled teacher-- I agree with you he is a control freak!!!! Also he should explain why Curt was let go and Gilpin dont have any ideas of his own and dont want to hear the ones that others have.
Gilpin is an idiot

Clarksville, TN

#12 Sep 30, 2011
Eric Gilpin was a pathetic hire at the high school. Did you expect anything else from our site based council and idiot Superintendant? This guy will not make the correct decision despite to just prove he is calling the shots. He is a complete moron. This Superintendant needs to go. He has proven he doesn't have experience to lead a large school system with the bonehead decisions he makes on a daily basis. He is way in over his head.
observer

Bardstown, KY

#13 Oct 1, 2011
Was height a requirement for the new principal's job? With Orr on the search committee do you truly think the Site Based Committee had freedom to choose?
Short man syndrome

Eddyville, KY

#14 Oct 1, 2011
Orr tends to want to get rid of tall guys. It's a joke at the high school that Orr has the "Nepolian" syndrome, which means Orr has the "short man syndrome". He tends to be intimidated by tall men. I can't get a read on Gilpin yet but he probably has it too since he is his clone.
Confused Parent

Louisville, KY

#15 Oct 4, 2011
Short man syndrome from Louisville---- I think you may be right about that. Orr seems to have that syndrome. As far as Gilpin think he is just a YES man for Orr. He is as much of a BIG dumb ass as Orr is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Houck and Rogers (Sep '17) 19 min --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 900
Jason martin 41 min Come on 6
Cyndi Goode Newton 6 hr Not AG 23
Dump dean and his gang 9 hr Member 5
Campaign ads 12 hr nick 8
Devin the Coach Yocum 13 hr Rubber Nipples 33
Amber Brasfield (Apr '13) Sat Hahaha 26

Bardstown Jobs

Personal Finance

Bardstown Mortgages