Don't vote mike smith
Too funny

Orlando, KY

#1 May 18, 2014
I've been thinking about the sheriffs race a lot. Why would a man who has already got retirement, got a family, probably going going to have grand babies soon want to be sheriff? He already has a big home behind his locked gate leading to his extravagant home. His son is freshly married. His life is just booming and yet he wants to be sheriff? Makes no sense to me or my family. In our opinion he will not put his heart and soul into it the way john does. John just like the other working candidates is a common man. Even the other two are common people (Bright and Campbell) who will put their hearts into it I think where mike has no reason to want or need it or show any help to the common people like me in this town. He was born into money and married money. Forget the working man. I say vote in one of the others. This mike dude has too much baggage.
Voter

Keavy, KY

#2 May 19, 2014
Very nicely said my friend
ohwow

Scottsburg, IN

#3 May 19, 2014
Doesn't change my mind. Still has my vote!!
sunshine

Middlesboro, KY

#5 May 19, 2014
Maybe since he isn't doing it for the money it will be for the peoples well being sounds like a motivated man!
one got out

London, KY

#6 May 19, 2014
I'm not surprised that someone posted this. You're obviously a selfish person and one of the individuals who keeps our county flourishing in a negative manor, you're thinking of the office in a monetary attitude which speaks volumes of your character. As I read the post what I gathered was maybe he wants a safe environment to raise his grandchildren. Maybe he wants a county he can be proud of. He doesn't live behind a locked gate, you're making things up but i'm not surprised. I'm positive he comes at the position with credentials that a sheriff should be required to obtain. Pickard draws a retirement but I wont even begin to elaborate on any of that. I have no problems with the current sheriff other than he's not as intelligent as I would prefer for my county, he has a huge turnover in deputies( which require training) that cost me a tax payer money. I said us because I would imagine you don't work or you would be more concerned for our county. However I am not worried about the sheriffs race because obviously all you can judge the man for is working hard and completing a career in law enforcement. He does not live in a huge house, its average at best. I wont be as petty and ignorant as you are obviously trying to be, I wont elaborate on a lot of things I could name about the candidate of your choice. I will lift up my friends in prayer and pray the Lords will can prevail in the entire election. I pray our county sets selfish motives aside and votes for the best most qualified candidate that will make a safe home for the children of our future.
Good read

London, KY

#7 May 19, 2014
one got out wrote:
I'm not surprised that someone posted this. You're obviously a selfish person and one of the individuals who keeps our county flourishing in a negative manor, you're thinking of the office in a monetary attitude which speaks volumes of your character. As I read the post what I gathered was maybe he wants a safe environment to raise his grandchildren. Maybe he wants a county he can be proud of. He doesn't live behind a locked gate, you're making things up but i'm not surprised. I'm positive he comes at the position with credentials that a sheriff should be required to obtain. Pickard draws a retirement but I wont even begin to elaborate on any of that. I have no problems with the current sheriff other than he's not as intelligent as I would prefer for my county, he has a huge turnover in deputies( which require training) that cost me a tax payer money. I said us because I would imagine you don't work or you would be more concerned for our county. However I am not worried about the sheriffs race because obviously all you can judge the man for is working hard and completing a career in law enforcement. He does not live in a huge house, its average at best. I wont be as petty and ignorant as you are obviously trying to be, I wont elaborate on a lot of things I could name about the candidate of your choice. I will lift up my friends in prayer and pray the Lords will can prevail in the entire election. I pray our county sets selfish motives aside and votes for the best most qualified candidate that will make a safe home for the children of our future.
Very well said and I don't care if he lives in a mansion as long as he can make our County safe.
Bull

London, KY

#8 May 19, 2014
sunshine wrote:
Maybe since he isn't doing it for the money it will be for the peoples well being sounds like a motivated man!
Or for the title. The Coreys already run half the town why not get the son in law in as Sheriff to take care of the rest? Lol Man you people are crazy
Done

London, KY

#9 May 19, 2014
Mike Smith has always been a nice guy. It's sad that people think if you come from a good hard working family and grew up in a nice home means you come from money. He is 48 or 49 and has a lot of good working years ahead of him. Folks that have worked all their lives have a hard time accepting retirement. Mike was raised here and his family lives here. He has plenty of incentive to do a good job.
Country Gal

AOL

#10 May 19, 2014
Vote Mike Smith he will be a good sheriff and hopefully change illegal stuff going on. Maybe if these other people had been arrested a few weeks ago none of this would have happened. He has to know what goes on in Stinking Creek. He goes to church up there and hears all the gossip. Its a shame one family goes to jail and the other one goes through hell.

Get out and vote tomorrow and vote MIKE SMITH! Let's give him a chance he deserves. We need help in this county and get rid of the drug dealers. Let them go to jail or go somewhere else we don't want them here!

Please get out and vote tomorrow and make a difference. Every vote counts and we don't want anymore deaths on account of drugs in Knox Co. Its got to go went on way too long and only getting worse!
Knox Co Voter

United States

#11 May 19, 2014
Vote Mike Smith! We need a new sheriff
Lisa

Middlesboro, KY

#12 May 20, 2014
I'm wondering why knox county doesn't demand change? if the last 4 years doesn't make us all want to stand up and be heard then nothing will This county is something out of an old hick show It is ran by crooked people that do whatever they want to whomever they want Get your butts out and vote THEM ALL OUT show knox county we are fed up with the crap of lies, stealing, cheating crooked court house

“Respect for Tradition ”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#13 May 20, 2014
There are drug dealers all over this area, so it's my opinion that Mr. Pickard hasn't been all that great. Oh well!
no one

London, KY

#14 May 20, 2014
Pickard has arrested all sorts of drug dealers, but when those dealers are dealing to Gilbert Holland's wife, and nearly every political office holders family members he can't do much to them. He has done his job but you can't keep people in jail if its going to make the big wigs look bad
Knox co

United States

#15 May 20, 2014
Too funny wrote:
I've been thinking about the sheriffs race a lot. Why would a man who has already got retirement, got a family, probably going going to have grand babies soon want to be sheriff? He already has a big home behind his locked gate leading to his extravagant home. His son is freshly married. His life is just booming and yet he wants to be sheriff? Makes no sense to me or my family. In our opinion he will not put his heart and soul into it the way john does. John just like the other working candidates is a common man. Even the other two are common people (Bright and Campbell) who will put their hearts into it I think where mike has no reason to want or need it or show any help to the common people like me in this town. He was born into money and married money. Forget the working man. I say vote in one of the others. This mike dude has too much baggage.
What are you talking about baggage? The man is retired from working a honest job the last 25 years. Only meet the man once, why would you put down on him for working and retiring? I don't have a horse in this race, but listening to you, makes me want to vote for him!
Vote

United States

#16 May 20, 2014
We need pickard out just like the person above mentioned he only arrests people that won't effect himself & his name but that decision has got him were he's at at the losing point on the polls ;) so maybe he should have quit helping his family & friends who steal & sell drugs out of all there wrong doing and pardoning them and only arresting some that yes may deserve it but only just the ones that he wants not All that commits the crimes no matter what race age or last name or who they are and how big of a name they have just like mayor thompsons wide commits crime everyday of buying cocaine just another example of pickards background & how shitty of a job he has done for me and all of us Knox countians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giving you something to talk about (Sep '08) 50 min Nimbletwig 4
SNAP Beneficiaries May Get More Food in a Box, ... 56 min Nimbletwig 26
Girl in red buick 1 hr Man 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr yawn 172,999
Dee Dole Screws Over Knox County Children ! 4 hr Who 25
John Barger thread removed 4 hr Who What When 10
John Laten Johnson 5 hr Boots 1
Barbourville homewreckers. 5 hr Whywhy why 15
who's everyone voting for judge exe ? 7 hr vote 47

Barbourville Jobs