London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

check out Jm in corbin times talking about renewing the Jailtracker isn't that unreal haha.
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

piss on you and jailtracker.your not getting it back.noone is getting it back

“I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT”

Since: Dec 09

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

You people and that stupid Jail Tracker...LOL!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

February 28, 2013
Knox court discusses JailTracker

The Times-Tribune

CORBIN — By Jeff Noble, Staff Writer

Should an online system used by corrections and law enforcement officials continue to be kept out of one jail? The situation was brought up at Knox County Fiscal Court during their regular meeting Wednesday.

At issue is the corrections management system known as JailTracker. Available online, JailTracker provides access to information about an inmate, including photos, physical description, their history behind bars, scheduled release dates and other records.

While neighboring jails in Whitley and Laurel counties use JailTracker, the Knox County Jail does not.

“We took it off a year ago because it was unfair to those who were arrested and later found innocent. Once your picture is on there, it used to be on there forever,” Knox County Judge-Executive J. M. Hall told those attending the session.

Jailer Mary Hammons echoed Hall’s sentiment on having pictures on the online system, adding that several children of parents who have been on JailTracker but later found innocent have been embarrassed in public.

A Barbourville newspaper recently made an open records request to get the pictures from the jail and run them on a weekly basis.

While some in the audience agreed if someone was guilty of a crime, their picture should be on the page for all to see, some magistrates disagreed, including 5th District Magistrate Guilio Cima.

“Even though they say they’re innocent until proven guilty, as far as the public goes, they’re guilty when they see their picture,” Cima said.

“I see it from both angles,” added Hall, who said he had met with the Jail Committee earlier Wednesday for an update on the situation. The committee did talk with JailTracker about what could be done.

“Now they’re saying they’re giving Mary (Hammons) some options when it can be run. They’re saying now they can run pictures for so many days and then the pictures are taken off, in say 30 days,” Hall said.

The jail is also running under a used generator for electric power, after Hall pointed out the old generator suffered a power surge recently.

“We turned in a claim on our insurance on the old one, and we’re renting a used generator from Whayne Supply right now. The new one will be in later this week,” Hall said.
Concerned Citizen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

We will remember when you all run for office again. What's the difference in running their names in paper and having jailtracker? We want to see their photos so we can identify the crooks. The children already know if their parents are in trouble. Everytime you go to the jail on visiting days its filled with children. You just want to hide certain people and everyone should be treated equal.
Notmedammit

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

who tried to pay the advocate not to publish their picture?

none a them jailbirds look like they had 2 nickles to rub together
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

forget it.yall are not gonna get it crybabies

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

The Mountain Advocate.
Publisher Jay Nolan

FAIR IS FAIR.
I knew it would happen. I just did not think it would happen this quickly.

This is only the second week the Advocate has published photos of those jailed in Knox County. Already someone asked us, even offered to pay us good money, to not have his or her picture put in the newspaper as being jailed.

Sorry folks. We treat everyone the same. Who you are, what your job is, how much you can pay, none of that matters.

Remember back when the Mountain Advocate and I were sued? Well we printed that. And it was on the front page for heavens sake. After all fair is fair.

Now obviously, not everyone arrested and jailed is guilty. We know that. When we print the arrests and especially the photos, we intentionally display the words "Everyone pictured is presumed innocent until proven guilty." That is a reminder that we all need to heed.

But, think about this. How many homes in Knox County have at least one resident that is directly and negatively impacted by drugs or crime? I have heard numbers as high as 70%! So, if there is something we can do as a newspaper to discourage drugs, crime and criminal behavior, I we are obligated to do so. Our goal is not to humiliate anyone. Our goal is to deter that type of activity, and to make this a better community.

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

In the artical above the publisher made his argument the Advocates role was to do good for the community.

I made this same argument a year ago at the Fiscal Court meeting. There was two reporters there and not one of them sided with me, they both sided with J.M. I guess they are seeing things differently now that they are trying to sale their newspaper.
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

forget it...no jailtracker
shedevil

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

yes wrote:
piss on you and jailtracker.your not getting it back.noone is getting it back
ha they put it in the advocate.so now who's laughing.
crazy granny

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Who is collecting the 15.00 they charge the prisoners for the jail tracker?
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

shedevil wrote:
<quoted text>ha they put it in the advocate.so now who's laughing.
ummmm im not sure thats jail tracker dear..are you not having to pay 75cents for this service...lmao.and i sure dont think the surronding counties there having to pay this..so if it worries ya that much who got arrested waste your money..like i said..NO JAILTRACKER..WHAT THE ADVOCATE HAS IS NOT JAILTRACKER.DUMMY
sorry

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
In the artical above the publisher made his argument the Advocates role was to do good for the community.
I made this same argument a year ago at the Fiscal Court meeting. There was two reporters there and not one of them sided with me, they both sided with J.M. I guess they are seeing things differently now that they are trying to sale their newspaper.
I dont think they will have any trouble selling their paper.It has been a big seller for many years now.

Since: Sep 08

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

yes wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm im not sure thats jail tracker dear..are you not having to pay 75cents for this service...lmao.and i sure dont think the surronding counties there having to pay this..so if it worries ya that much who got arrested waste your money..like i said..NO JAILTRACKER..WHAT THE ADVOCATE HAS IS NOT JAILTRACKER.DUMMY
One thing for sure,the jail has to release all names,according to the FOIA.
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

and your point is?

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

sorry wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think they will have any trouble selling their paper.It has been a big seller for many years now.
I hope they can sell their paper. I dont wish them any bad luck. My decision not to buy their paper is personal. I dont like monopolies. But I must say Technology has caught them and i'm afraid their days are numbered.
Lol

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Lol
bahaha

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

As long as the kids of "important ppl" are getting arrested, there will be no jailtracker.
shedevil

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm im not sure thats jail tracker dear..are you not having to pay 75cents for this service...lmao.and i sure dont think the surronding counties there having to pay this..so if it worries ya that much who got arrested waste your money..like i said..NO JAILTRACKER..WHAT THE ADVOCATE HAS IS NOT JAILTRACKER.DUMMY
Dummy it might not be jailtracker but it was still one full page pictures and names of all jailbirds in the advocate stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min JOE NASTY 146,090
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 26 min Know him 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Mike Duquette 128,546
Any couples into SCAT??? 44 min Jason lake 2
Orange water 1 hr jack 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Throne 81,564
legalize marijuana 4 hr ole hippy 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••