Comments
41 - 58 of 58 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Nov 4, 2012
 
What a nice person you are to call someone names. If I new who you are I would personally like to meet you. Because the Fat Lady is getting ready to sing and I am playing the Fiddle. I will let you know the time an place lol. Nut!!!
Outside observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Nov 5, 2012
 
Kids are absent way to much. Go to any Wal-mart during the week. Also, this just is not at beginning of month. Kids are everywhere. Also, teachers are absent a lot. Sorry, a sub doesn't do much.
Reality Says

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The reality of the situation is the culture of the county. Too many parents DO NOT care if their kids attend school regularly and if they do well in class and move on to college or a good job. There are no jobs in this town to come back to so they have to prepare their kids to leave here so they can make a living. Reality again is that parents are teaching their kids how to live in poverty by living on the sytstem!!! Now as for teachers/administration. There are too many "free" days in school. Teaching should happen for the entire 180 days they are attending and not stop after testing etc. This would help prevent them from feeling like work/college is too hard and quit!!
LOLZ

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Nov 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Says wrote:
The reality of the situation is the culture of the county. Too many parents DO NOT care if their kids attend school regularly and if they do well in class and move on to college or a good job. There are no jobs in this town to come back to so they have to prepare their kids to leave here so they can make a living. Reality again is that parents are teaching their kids how to live in poverty by living on the sytstem!!! Now as for teachers/administration. There are too many "free" days in school. Teaching should happen for the entire 180 days they are attending and not stop after testing etc. This would help prevent them from feeling like work/college is too hard and quit!!
Same old excuses.
LOLZ

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Nov 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The first thing the new Knox county board members need to do is:

1. Fire Superintendent Hulett.

2. Fire politically hired teachers without real teaching certificates.

3. Hire all new trachers with real teaching certificates and not locally from the high school/college backwoods retard enabling system were they are let through/cheat their way through school.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Nov 15, 2012
 
LOLZ wrote:
The first thing the new Knox county board members need to do is:

1. Fire Superintendent Hulett.

2. Fire politically hired teachers without real teaching certificates.

3. Hire all new trachers with real teaching certificates and not locally from the high school/college backwoods retard enabling system were they are let through/cheat their way through school.
I Agree with you for the most part but my son went to school here high school and college with good earned grades and graduated college with a teaching degree and can't get a job. They actually hired someone with NO degree AT ALL over him because they had been in the class a lot as a sub. Now I'd like to know how in the h€\\ that is legal!!?! Lol
LOLZ

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Nov 15, 2012
 
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree with you for the most part but my son went to school here high school and college with good earned grades and graduated college with a teaching degree and can't get a job. They actually hired someone with NO degree AT ALL over him because they had been in the class a lot as a sub. Now I'd like to know how in the h€\\ that is legal!!?! Lol
A high school diploma from Knox schools and a teaching degree from local college enabling system is a joke.
elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 15, 2012
 
My child had to leave to go to college, so she could get a decent education. Believe me it was so hard the first 2 years i did'nt think she was going to make it. Simply because she was not taught what she needed in high school, and she will not teach because there are other plain's and a chance to make something out of her self. Test score will continue togo down every year just wait and see. Untill we get some real leadership that has the will to make the school system better. Now we have a chance to start over with the new board we have now. so don't go and blame the parent's for the down fall somebody has got to make a differance in the classrooms. Hold each and everyone respanceable for what they are teaching, it's sad when you start pointing fingers at someone else i know the parents are a big part of the problem but not all of it. Now we can see if all those promises the new board members made is for real and if they don't make a move then replace them to. United we stand Devided we Fall, so lets work together and show that we are the best school system in the state. If it is not done this time i am afraid it will never be. May God Bless you.Teachers parents, and principles and The Board of Education.
LOLZ

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

elmer fud wrote:
My child had to leave to go to college, so she could get a decent education. Believe me it was so hard the first 2 years i did'nt think she was going to make it. Simply because she was not taught what she needed in high school, and she will not teach because there are other plain's and a chance to make something out of her self. Test score will continue togo down every year just wait and see. Untill we get some real leadership that has the will to make the school system better. Now we have a chance to start over with the new board we have now. so don't go and blame the parent's for the down fall somebody has got to make a differance in the classrooms. Hold each and everyone respanceable for what they are teaching, it's sad when you start pointing fingers at someone else i know the parents are a big part of the problem but not all of it. Now we can see if all those promises the new board members made is for real and if they don't make a move then replace them to. United we stand Devided we Fall, so lets work together and show that we are the best school system in the state. If it is not done this time i am afraid it will never be. May God Bless you.Teachers parents, and principles and The Board of Education.
Hulett said 6 years ago the schools would be the TOP of the state.

Not God, Teachers, parents, and principles and The Board of Education.

These people sell your kids future for politics and then hide behind the bible and blame parents and then stop kids for going to Cobin where they are not making excuse. Think about that.
thehonesttruth

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Dec 30, 2012
 
I can tell you right now the leadership in knox county IS the problem. Our schools have poor morale because of the poor leaders who care more about their "power" than whats really best for the school. Teachers are micromanaged and undermined constantly. This I know for a fact. Teachers stay silent on the REAL problem because they are scared to speak out. They know that if they do they will be retaliated against. Most of our schools are run like a dictatorship rather than a democracy. Teachers that speak up to the tyrants are run off. You know that working in such a poor environment where you are treated like you're not capable of making a single intelligent decision without someones say so has got to impact their performance negatively. Yes people it does start at the top. These are the people that can make a positive difference by empowering teachers which would then directly benefit the students. Instead they are currently at this time being disempowered and beat down so someone can feel all powerful. The district will never improve until we get leaders who are there to empower and support the teachers thus helping the students. Its so corrupt right now its not even funny. Like someone else said its a job bank for the sowders clan which I dont even know how that is legal, and all about power, its never been about the kids. Something has got to be done!
thehonesttruth

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Another thing be on the lookout for more teachers to suddenly resign, retire early, or be terminated. Its a common thing to see in failing schools. The leaders want to be like "Look! Its our crappy teachers! We're makin heads roll! See what a good job we do!" when really it should be "we want the public to think its all the teachers fault when we beat down and disempower them until theres nothing left. We make certain ones that dare question anything lives a living hell until they cant even teach anymore. We are not above bullying and will do whatever it takes to ensure total compliance of our orders. We undermine them to students then blame it all on them when the students pick up on it and treat them accordingly. Our power and supreme superiorness is more important than the greater good and future of our district. Our own personal gain takes priority not our staff and students."
employee

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Dec 30, 2012
 
I for one have never seen this school system in such a shape it's in today. If the new board of education don't get remove the ones that is causing this it will never improve. No(1)Hulett is got to go, No(2) Merida is the next one, No(3)Sowders has got to go. Untill you remove these (3) you will keep going in the wrong way that is down. Test scores don't lie, and if they don't stay off the backs of the Teachers and start giving a little respect where it deserves you are doomed.
Curious

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Dec 30, 2012
 
I know Mr. Hulett is responsible for a lot. But I thought Mr. Merida & Mr. Sowders were quality educators. Do they fool everyone?
yep

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

If they are quality educators put them BACK IN THE CLASSROOM because the district needs quality educators in the classrooms. They are not effective leaders.
FAMILY TRADITION!

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

LOLZ wrote:
The first thing the new Knox county board members need to do is:

1. Fire Superintendent Hulett.

2. Fire politically hired teachers without real teaching certificates.

3. Hire all new trachers with real teaching certificates and not locally from the high school/college backwoods retard enabling system were they are let through/cheat their way through school.
Like Hank sings... Its a FAMILY TRADITION!

Marion Sowders:
our resident bully of FEMALE teachers. Btw. He has a brother who has beaten every wife he's had and was in jail for it while a teacher. Btw... She was pregnant & hospitalized because of it)
1.Hired brother as janitor
2. Hired nephew as sp Ed aid (who now needs a teaching job)
3. Hired his wife as asst principal @ KCHS
4. Hired his secretary's husband on district maintenance

Hewlett:
5.hired friend from Corbin as ddp
6.Hired Melissa Evans to do nothing from Corbin

Sam Watts:
7.Got niece a middle school curriculum job & she can only teach primary
8.Got friend hired on district maintenance

Mr hill:
9.Got his live in girl friend district office job

Pam Williams:
10.Got her husband & his buddy a district maintenance job

Lynn Camp
11. Purely incompetent leadership Principal dressing like a tramp and running around like one. I've heard parents really complaining about this one. Paper said Hewlett put her in. School council didnt have any say so. Wonder why?

Lets not forget how they did Brenda Corey and plenty of others!!

I kno there r more but I can't remember all of them. Wife beaters, bullys, theives, low life cheaters who make fun of us because we allow it to continue. Hewlitt told them in Frankfort that it was a treat for someone in knox co to eat @ a buffet once a year. Marion Sowders makes fun of our poor with food stamps.

My kids teachers have to ask us to send paper, pencils, soap, tissues, paper towels, crayons, markers because they have none. What a wonderful place for our kids to learn and teachers to try an teach!!
We will see

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Oh my my if you did'nt tell it the way it is. You have pointed out things the people needed to know. I know for the fact that you are telling the truth, this place is a free for all Jim Harve Hampton would turn over in his Grave if he new this. If people set back and don't do something about this then u'all deserve what you are getting that is nothin. Oh you forgot to tell about the assent Sup bid rigging on all bids damn if this don't put the Heat on them nothing will.
Duh

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Only one question to FAMILY TRADITION. If you are so unhappy why do your kids still go to school in the county?
truth

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey Duh, They are not talking about the schools they are talking about the damn leadership and what is going on. So i take it you must be one of the ones their talking about, if so you need to go too. Just remember the sun don't shine in the same dogs ass all the time your day is coming just wait and see. On the question about sending your kid to Knox County, well i don't blame noone for sending their kid someone else. And it is a Family Tradition,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min spaceship 128,607
Ky Biscuit Company 37 min fyi 21
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min RayOne 146,197
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr smokejumper 29
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jimney Cricket 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Hii 81,570
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 2 hr Just me 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••