Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ok folks here it is some of the test scores that they don't wan't you to see. Go to Kentucky.com and you can get all of them.

District wide: Knox County is 162 out of 174 district's that is 12th worse district from the BOTTOM !!!!

Flat Lick: Scores 689 out of 733, do we need a change or not.
Dewitt: Scores 571 out of 733, Think we need a change or not.
Lay: Scores 284 out of 733, Why Leadership plane and simple.
Now if you want to do something about this Vote Nov 6th for
Charles Merida, for change folks this is the leadership we have.
I thank it is a shame that our School District is 12th from the bottom, someone is taking us down the wrong road. Please lets change the whole people that are in charge of this it so sad that our children are being used for political gane. When you meet teacher,s on the street a they start crying because the moral is so low yes i am mad as hatties. Teachers are not machines, they are Human beings they work hard, but central office gives them no support! We can turn this School District around if we wan't too. Please go vote for change Nov.6th Thank you and may God Bless
not happening

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If you think bad mouthing the schools we love will get him votes you are wrong! You have just made me mad and I will not even consider voting for Merida now. Hossie is not on this trashy website bashing Merida or our schools. Which leads me to believe he is more respectable and positive. Thanks for helping me decide!
elmer fud wrote:
Ok folks here it is some of the test scores that they don't wan't you to see. Go to Kentucky.com and you can get all of them.

District wide: Knox County is 162 out of 174 district's that is 12th worse district from the BOTTOM !!!!

Flat Lick: Scores 689 out of 733, do we need a change or not.
Dewitt: Scores 571 out of 733, Think we need a change or not.
Lay: Scores 284 out of 733, Why Leadership plane and simple.
Now if you want to do something about this Vote Nov 6th for
Charles Merida, for change folks this is the leadership we have.
I thank it is a shame that our School District is 12th from the bottom, someone is taking us down the wrong road. Please lets change the whole people that are in charge of this it so sad that our children are being used for political gane. When you meet teacher,s on the street a they start crying because the moral is so low yes i am mad as hatties. Teachers are not machines, they are Human beings they work hard, but central office gives them no support! We can turn this School District around if we wan't too. Please go vote for change Nov.6th Thank you and may God Bless
elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I did not bad mouth anyone the numbers don't lie. Look it up for yourself if you like the schools being 12th from the bottom more power to you. My openn is you were never going to vote for Charles anyway. I was just telling it like it was. I really fill sorry for you for thinking that way it's our children that are suffering not you. So have a nice day!!!!!!!!!
Me too

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have NEVER put the first comment on this lousy site but you've just pushed me to do so!!! You have no idea how horrible you are making this Merida man look do you? Is that your intention? If so you are doing a great job!!! If not, you are simply retarded!!! Do you know ANYTHING about test scores? Do you know the changes that were made in scoring these tests? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT EDUCATION??? And let's just 'tickle your fancy' for a minute, how would your "Superman Merida" change all these test scores single handedly?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think the point is the old ain't working so we should give the new a try.
no brainer

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I really don't want to vote for a man who has people running his "campaign" on topix. That says all that I need to know. His friends and so called girlfriend have probably hurt his chances in this election. Furthermore, most of you don't know much about our schools, testing and/or administration to even discuss it. I'm afraid this includes Mr. C. Merida or those who are running his name down on topix with out even meaning to.
HUH

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

not happening wrote:
If you think bad mouthing the schools we love will get him votes you are wrong! You have just made me mad and I will not even consider voting for Merida now. Hossie is not on this trashy website bashing Merida or our schools. Which leads me to believe he is more respectable and positive. Thanks for helping me decide!<quoted text>
I'm confused. Are you defending bad scores? Are you proud to be at the bottom? I honestly can't believe you have so little concern for the children and future of Knox county. I guess you yearn for the good old days, the Dark Ages. GEEZ.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I will vote for Hossie because Merida has or had people bashing him on here. That's childess and I want no part of that kind.
not happening

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 2, 2012
 
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>I'm confused. Are you defending bad scores? Are you proud to be at the bottom? I honestly can't believe you have so little concern for the children and future of Knox county. I guess you yearn for the good old days, the Dark Ages. GEEZ.
Not true. I am not proud of any test scores in Knox county. However, I am not blaming those scores on our board members. I just wanted to make sure that Elmer did is aware that he Is making Merida look like an idiot. I had rather have a board member with some respect and decency that what Merida has been made out to be by his own supporters. I don't think that was their intention though.
big blue fan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 2, 2012
 
either we vote for jim stewart rabbit cox,charles merida--or hossie smith and the board of education-what a choice!!
Tell

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well wrote:
I will vote for Hossie because Merida has or had people bashing him on here. That's childess and I want no part of that kind.
People like you is part of the problem fact! And yes I do know about test scores when you are at the bottom you have no where else but to go up. Sorry if you lose your vote let it be. By the way where did you get your PHD? Ever heard of the blind lead the blind rest my case.
Rumors

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

elmer fud wrote:
My openn is you were never going to vote for Charles anyway.
Your "opeen"? You either need to stay far far away from any school, or you need to attend classes yourself.
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

not happening wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I am not proud of any test scores in Knox county. However, I am not blaming those scores on our board members. I just wanted to make sure that Elmer did is aware that he Is making Merida look like an idiot. I had rather have a board member with some respect and decency that what Merida has been made out to be by his own supporters. I don't think that was their intention though.
Well I'm pretty sure no one in Knox county is proud of those scores. Please applaud your board members ( who you don't think is at fault) Sam watts, Clarence brown, Jordan, Crawford & Marty smith who hired in the current leader of our schools Mr. Hulett. I hope everyone sees the sad condition he and these members has placed Knox county in.
Panther Nation

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

no brainer wrote:
I really don't want to vote for a man who has people running his "campaign" on topix. That says all that I need to know. His friends and so called girlfriend have probably hurt his chances in this election. Furthermore, most of you don't know much about our schools, testing and/or administration to even discuss it. I'm afraid this includes Mr. C. Merida or those who are running his name down on topix with out even meaning to.
The no brainer is that this is a forum to voice your opinion if you don't like what you read dont get on it!there is no one on here trying to run a campaign i mean really anybody can put anything on here at anytime and as far as those scores go the truth hurts dont it!If theres not a change made in whats going on at the board of education the state will take it over this time you can bank on it and there are many people that knows whats going on in the schools we are not all living under a rock with our rose colored glasses on.
voter

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Well wrote:
I will vote for Hossie because Merida has or had people bashing him on here. That's childess and I want no part of that kind.
I agree
pride of the mountains

Flat Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 2, 2012
 
well this has put the icing on the cake. sad and most dismal test scores that no one is proud of or should be. so we are faced with the facts. the numbers dont lie and this is just another reason along with all the other shameful issues brewing with the board. the only remedy that i can see is a total change. i will do my part to vote out dewitt's current board member. it will be up to the rest of the other parents, and teachers and knox citizens who care about the educations of our children to make a change for their futures. god bless our children. they really deserve better.
elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Look at www, education.ky.gov . Check each and every School Scores. Knox County 7.
Ex Corbin 97.
Now this is for you Rumor, now tell me i am a Idiot
you must have went to one of these schools or if you ever went. TRUTH HURTS HURTS HURTS don't it.
Panther Nation

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Well wrote:
I will vote for Hossie because Merida has or had people bashing him on here. That's childess and I want no part of that kind.
I think you might need to go back and look at other posts there has been as much from supporters of hossie against mr merida.The fact is when your are telling the truth about the four years of decisions mr smith has made thats not bashing anyone it's telling the truth, Im not saying that everything that people put on here is the truth because I cannot speak for what other people say it is their right to free speech to say what they think, However the majority of things that have been posted on here is public record at the board and other places,All im saying is you can't bash the truth you should worry about the decisions you make while you are an elected official instead of trying to defend your decisions when you are up for re-election!All im saying is do your own research it's public record and not hard to find!
Panther Nation

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 2, 2012
 
elmer fud wrote:
Look at www, education.ky.gov . Check each and every School Scores. Knox County 7.
Ex Corbin 97.
Now this is for you Rumor, now tell me i am a Idiot
you must have went to one of these schools or if you ever went. TRUTH HURTS HURTS HURTS don't it.
Hey elmer maybe the board members can make a position for somebody to evaluate the test scores and then they can make a position for somebody to explain them away, since the last four years they seem to be really good at making unneeded positions,Better yet I think they better make someone a position to help them carry all of their stuff out of the central office I got a feeling they are gonna need a little help january 1st!
Panther Nation

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 2, 2012
 
Me too wrote:
I have NEVER put the first comment on this lousy site but you've just pushed me to do so!!! You have no idea how horrible you are making this Merida man look do you? Is that your intention? If so you are doing a great job!!! If not, you are simply retarded!!! Do you know ANYTHING about test scores? Do you know the changes that were made in scoring these tests? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT EDUCATION??? And let's just 'tickle your fancy' for a minute, how would your "Superman Merida" change all these test scores single handedly?
Nobody said mr merida can change anything over night nobody can, But what he can do is atleast try to work with all the board members to come to some kinda of agreement instead just cutting the other two out of the discussion and pushing what ever you want down the table,What the setup in the board members is now is what is called a monopoly.There is no way any of us can sit here and say that our childrens best intrests can be carried out in this kinda situation.It takes all five members working together to make the right decisions for our children,this should not be a popularity contest this should be about the best intrests of the children not the board members best intrests!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New club in Barbourville? 45 min Bville resident 20
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min DITCH MITCH 147,282
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min Mike Duquette 129,047
Teresa Johnson and Rex 50 min Wondering 6
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Susie 6
john sowders 2 hr not surprised 11
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr I think 23
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••