john

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

i dont know anything about going under i do no they just got done with one new campus building and rebuilt the old knox county hospital into a Nursing, Health and Natural Sciences building
what a joke

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Are the workers there still sleeping with students?
HBIC

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Heard UK or UL wanna buy them. Maybe kids git a god education of they done dat.
HBIC

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

When it going on the auction block?
meeeee

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Yes the workers are stoll sleeping with the students
UnionKid

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

BadDecision wrote:
I heard they let a bunch of faculty go there. Should my kid go someplace else?
You should have them go somewhere else. The new toys their putting in is to try to get more students to come. The undergrad and grad programs are losing millions of dollars a year. They just raised tuition again and they let a lot of workers go. They have very weak departments and programs. It's best if you send them elsewhere. Take it from me, I'm transferring this summer,
we could only hope

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

they bring in these out of state kids who bring in drugs and start a lot of crime.what good has union ever done for this county???
Alum

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Need to start over in education department they need to let everyone go
Truth

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

What about thief's that works there, like JOSEPH BROWN in the christian group.
Ignorance

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

we could only hope wrote:
they bring in these out of state kids who bring in drugs and start a lot of crime.what good has union ever done for this county???
Run the bunch off, the greedy lowlives, show-em the people in Knox County ain't gonna take it. Do-em like you did Warners and Tru-seal and A&P, treat em like you theat your school system and your fast food stores, talk about them like you do your water park and your hospital.

Show - em Knox County..U are my heros. Whatever it takes._LOL
Student

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

It's because the new president is a idiot. They are having class on Labor Day because a handful of students go home and don't come back. No matter what they were not gonna come back anyway!
Notabudabi

Jonesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Not off to celebrate the worker Union needs to wake up. Her boyfriend was at the middle school talking about how backwards we are around here and he lives with her. Isn't that a Christian College? Who is on the board there now?
Baby goats

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

we could only hope wrote:
Out of state kids bring the drugs in??? I don't think so. Everyone buys drugs from the locals. Which is mostly weed. Not too many meth heads on campus. Out of state kids bring in diversity. And by out of state are you referring to kids a few shades darker and then assuming they sell drugs? Stop making assumptions because I go to union and you don't know what you are talking about.
Baby goats

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

College is a big business today and if union doesn't get there act together, I can see a larger university buying them. The tuition is way too high for the disspointing education received. I'm kind of embarrassed I go to union. The classes are not challenging and professors are timid to bring new idea to the table or challenge the students. I came to college to better myself intellectually. There is a small handful of good professors. It's extremely frustrating to be in a college class and the professor holds back because they don't want to offend anyone. The students are also rude, disrespectful and have a hard time speaking the English language (which professors dont even correct)On top of that, the majority of the student body is morbidly obese!!!
Went2Union

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Baby goats wrote:
College is a big business today and if union doesn't get there act together, I can see a larger university buying them. The tuition is way too high for the disspointing education received. I'm kind of embarrassed I go to union. The classes are not challenging and professors are timid to bring new idea to the table or challenge the students. I came to college to better myself intellectually. There is a small handful of good professors. It's extremely frustrating to be in a college class and the professor holds back because they don't want to offend anyone. The students are also rude, disrespectful and have a hard time speaking the English language (which professors dont even correct)On top of that, the majority of the student body is morbidly obese!!!
Education is not received. Education is earned.
If yiu are not challenged, then challenge yourself, study what you want to learn, exceed the professor's expectations and bring what you learn back to the classroom.

It is all about what you put into it.
Invisible

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

No wonder it's going under with that prez thinking she is to good to live here and not caring enough about the college or the town to even ride in the parade. The empty carriage says a lot. Going to hell in a hand basket.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

UnionKid wrote:
<quoted text> You should have them go somewhere else. The new toys their putting in is to try to get more students to come. The undergrad and grad programs are losing millions of dollars a year. They just raised tuition again and they let a lot of workers go. They have very weak departments and programs. It's best if you send them elsewhere. Take it from me, I'm transferring this summer,
My Grandson turned down a full scholarship at Union.
Dog Catcher

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Invisible wrote:
No wonder it's going under with that prez thinking she is to good to live here and not caring enough about the college or the town to even ride in the parade. The empty carriage says a lot. Going to hell in a hand basket.
Does she not live in the president's house? If not, where does she live?
BBG

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Went2Union wrote:
<quoted text>
Education is not received. Education is earned.
If yiu are not challenged, then challenge yourself, study what you want to learn, exceed the professor's expectations and bring what you learn back to the classroom.
It is all about what you put into it.
Yes I understand that and believe me..I try. However..I can't overstep my boundaries. I need to let the professor be the professor. Therefor I expect the professor to bring more to the table than myself.graduate.
goofy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Any place that hires anybody you stupid pack of holler rats run off with your ignorance, is it because you are afraid someone might give you a job?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info