Health Care: 50,000 plus signees in K...

Health Care: 50,000 plus signees in Ky. already

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

HealthyWealthyAn dWise

Somerset, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2013
As of this week, 50,279 Kentuckians have already enrolled for the new health coverage. The vast majority of people in Kentucky, who are currently without health insurance, can get coverage here for little "out of pocket" cost in many cases. Four out of five Kentuckians will be eligible for Federal Subsidies to help pay the cost of coverage. Those subsidies (dependent on your income), will range from less than $100.00 to more than $500.00 monthly. For example, an individual earning $20,000 per year would qualify for enough subsidies so that--depending on the plan chosen--could have ZERO out of pocket costs. Of course, individuals earning less than $15,750 per year would automatically qualify for Medicaid. To enroll, go to the website at kynect.ky.gov or phone 1-855-4kynect. It takes an hour or more to enroll.
and broke

London, KY

#2 Nov 15, 2013
HealthyWealthyAndWise wrote:
As of this week, 50,279 Kentuckians have already enrolled for the new health coverage. The vast majority of people in Kentucky, who are currently without health insurance, can get coverage here for little "out of pocket" cost in many cases. Four out of five Kentuckians will be eligible for Federal Subsidies to help pay the cost of coverage. Those subsidies (dependent on your income), will range from less than $100.00 to more than $500.00 monthly. For example, an individual earning $20,000 per year would qualify for enough subsidies so that--depending on the plan chosen--could have ZERO out of pocket costs. Of course, individuals earning less than $15,750 per year would automatically qualify for Medicaid. To enroll, go to the website at kynect.ky.gov or phone 1-855-4kynect. It takes an hour or more to enroll.
Somebody somewhere has to pay for all the subsidies that will be handed out. Just another way democrats "BUY" votes legally. I hope the Chineese have enough money left to pay for this boon-doggle.
Nelson

Somerset, KY

#3 Nov 15, 2013
and broke wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody somewhere has to pay for all the subsidies that will be handed out. Just another way democrats "BUY" votes legally. I hope the Chineese have enough money left to pay for this boon-doggle.
I have worked for years...paying into the system so to speak. I had insurance through my work until 2005. That job was eliminated, and the one I now have has comes with no health insurance. Thus, I have been without Health Insurance for several years. Meanwhile, people receiving Medicaid--most of whom have never worked--have full medical coverage. Through the Affordable Care Act, I will now also be able to have health coverage also. Shouldn't the working poor also have access to Health Insurance? If people who have never worked are going to receive Health Insurance (Medicaid), why not assist people like me who have always worked?
SteelToedBoots

Somerset, KY

#4 Nov 15, 2013
Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked for years...paying into the system so to speak. I had insurance through my work until 2005. That job was eliminated, and the one I now have has comes with no health insurance. Thus, I have been without Health Insurance for several years. Meanwhile, people receiving Medicaid--most of whom have never worked--have full medical coverage. Through the Affordable Care Act, I will now also be able to have health coverage also. Shouldn't the working poor also have access to Health Insurance? If people who have never worked are going to receive Health Insurance (Medicaid), why not assist people like me who have always worked?
Agreed!
Good luck with that

Orlando, KY

#5 Nov 16, 2013
A little below 90% of those Kentucky people are going on Medicaid. That's 100% going to be paid by taxpayers. Same thing with several other states who had their own exchanges.

If you don't pay taxes, that may not bother you. But there are a lot of doctors no longer taking Medicaid/Medicare patients due to the very low payments made for services.
Disgusted

Barbourville, KY

#6 Nov 16, 2013
Good luck with that wrote:
A little below 90% of those Kentucky people are going on Medicaid. That's 100% going to be paid by taxpayers. Same thing with several other states who had their own exchanges.
If you don't pay taxes, that may not bother you. But there are a lot of doctors no longer taking Medicaid/Medicare patients due to the very low payments made for services.
Are those several other states all republican ran by half wits. The problem is lack of jobs .. someone needs to put a boot to the butts of the legislaters who do nothing for their constituents...McConnell and Paul and Rogers want big names in washington while the idiots who voted them in suffer in their ignorance. Get a clue dimwits, McConnell spends his time arguing in washington while he should be arguing for jobs and government contracts in kentucky
leader

London, KY

#7 Nov 16, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>Are those several other states all republican ran by half wits. The problem is lack of jobs .. someone needs to put a boot to the butts of the legislaters who do nothing for their constituents...McConnell and Paul and Rogers want big names in washington while the idiots who voted them in suffer in their ignorance. Get a clue dimwits, McConnell spends his time arguing in washington while he should be arguing for jobs and government contracts in kentucky
Hey braindead ky is run by demos, the exchange is run by demos, the people who want to take from the worker and give to the welfare leeches. the reason ky has sighned up so many is because in ky,(run by demos) someone else has to pay for it. Ky will always be in frount of any welfare line..period.
imbecile

Barbourville, KY

#8 Nov 16, 2013
leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey braindead ky is run by demos, the exchange is run by demos, the people who want to take from the worker and give to the welfare leeches. the reason ky has sighned up so many is because in ky,(run by demos) someone else has to pay for it. Ky will always be in frount of any welfare line..period.
you are a complete and totally uninformed dimwit.. a governor is nothing more than the mayor of the state, all congress except 1 and all senate and majority of state legislature is republican, get your shit straight you FN imbecile, stupit twits like you have no bussiness voting
leader

London, KY

#9 Nov 16, 2013
imbecile wrote:
<quoted text>you are a complete and totally uninformed dimwit.. a governor is nothing more than the mayor of the state, all congress except 1 and all senate and majority of state legislature is republican, get your shit straight you FN imbecile, stupit twits like you have no bussiness voting
Hey braindead, the state health exchanges are set up under the auspices of the state government, kneeling down to obama to give him a b.j. in your name, the federal legislators have absolutely nothing to do with state exchanges. The republicans resisted them, the brain dead demos set these welfare things up. The governor of each state decided whether or not to set up these obama directed exchanges.
imbecile

Barbourville, KY

#10 Nov 16, 2013
leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey braindead, the state health exchanges are set up under the auspices of the state government, kneeling down to obama to give him a b.j. in your name, the federal legislators have absolutely nothing to do with state exchanges. The republicans resisted them, the brain dead demos set these welfare things up. The governor of each state decided whether or not to set up these obama directed exchanges.
like I said you have no business voting , turn in your registration card immediatly.
Elker

Somerset, KY

#11 Nov 18, 2013
WOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conservative Christian's. 9 min steve 3
(Feb '12) 13 min Wanda 3
Today Eclipse 20 min Petty Patty 12
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 29 min just mee 83
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min ChromiuMan 166,472
Branstutter tax? 1 hr Help 1
Is it ok to date your 5th cousin?? (Feb '12) 1 hr Freaky Kin 42

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages