Barbourville Is Barbourville

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Time Saver

Somerset, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2009
I see a lot of topics on this and that in barbourville so I thought I would save some of you some time and topix a lot of space.

Barbourville is Barbourville and doesn't want you kiddies in it. They don't want nothing for youngsters or anyone to do. They dont need your tax dollars cause they got all the money they need and the market cornered on the rest of it circulating. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Do yourself a favor as soon as you can get the heck outta here do it...I plan to myself. Dont look back just roll on down the road cause this place is what it is and what it will always be. You have no chance at making a living here and no chance at making a fortune. Poop in the toilet and in 50 years its still gonna be poop. Don't expect change in a town that doesnt need you..no decent healthcare, no good mechanics that you can get to do work without waiting 2 weeks for them to have time to look at your vehicle...you cant get anything done here period without 2-3 days off work to do it. Do yourself a favor pack up your kids and get outta here. Give your kids a chance at a future as it will never be nothing here. Been here since 91 and I know this. What they pay you $10 an hour here for you can make $20 an hour anywhere but here.

Lets see we got msc when i left there I was making decent money for here..but, they cant employ the whole town.

Then you got truseal...someone has to die before you got a pipe dream at a job there.

Datatrac is cutting hours...and if obama has his way their wont be any guns to run background checks on. 1/2 of datatrac out the door.

What else you have here? without driving 20-25 miles to a decent job? it is like this and it will always be like this. I recommend smashing pumpkins "Sh!t town" listen to it know it...learn it...it is what it is.

Ya really cant blame the druggies they cant even ride around town no more for the most part, there is nothing here for your kids and your family. Exactly why I am taking the first train the hell outta this place.
whatYaGonnaDo

London, KY

#2 Jan 8, 2009
true
jim

London, KY

#3 Jan 8, 2009
u have chris brewer at water co.
Agree

Barbourville, KY

#4 Jan 8, 2009
Yea this town doesn't have much opportunity unless you go get an education. Not many good paying jobs in the mountains without having a college degree. If a job is paying you 10$ an hour here and 20$ an hour some place else its because the cost of living no the job. I agree with most of your post if you want to make a decent living around here without a degree or working tons of hours move to a bigger town.
Time Saver

Somerset, KY

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Well, wasn't really my point I know there is a difference in the cost of living but, a skill position here is not even close to a skill position in a bigger place. Take a nurse for example...they shouldn't get paid any less here than anywhere else....however they do mostly.

If you take what the electric company does here in the winter and take the cable bill its not much different. Rent is a difference But if im making double what i make here not gonna worry about it.

Food is just as high here, as is gas, milk is somehow WAY higher here...cable bill is higher here, cell phone plans are a joke compared to big city, until recently all phone plans in kentucky sucked lol couldnt even call corbin from barbourville without getting a special package.

I lived both the big city and the mountains. I prefer it in the mountains just because i like the nature and stuff like that but its no reason for me to make my kids suffer through a lifetime of this. I am leaving here as soon as the tax check arrives and never turning around until my kids are grown and im retired.

Anyone that wants a chance at something more than the slow life here with no money to go around..should do so as well at the first chance they get.

I love it here but, theres just nothing here and never will be anything here.
Agree

Barbourville, KY

#6 Jan 8, 2009
Time Saver wrote:
Well, wasn't really my point I know there is a difference in the cost of living but, a skill position here is not even close to a skill position in a bigger place. Take a nurse for example...they shouldn't get paid any less here than anywhere else....however they do mostly.
If you take what the electric company does here in the winter and take the cable bill its not much different. Rent is a difference But if im making double what i make here not gonna worry about it.
Food is just as high here, as is gas, milk is somehow WAY higher here...cable bill is higher here, cell phone plans are a joke compared to big city, until recently all phone plans in kentucky sucked lol couldnt even call corbin from barbourville without getting a special package.
I lived both the big city and the mountains. I prefer it in the mountains just because i like the nature and stuff like that but its no reason for me to make my kids suffer through a lifetime of this. I am leaving here as soon as the tax check arrives and never turning around until my kids are grown and im retired.
Anyone that wants a chance at something more than the slow life here with no money to go around..should do so as well at the first chance they get.
I love it here but, theres just nothing here and never will be anything here.
The reason the prices are more or just the same as big city's is because there is no competition. As long as the we the consumer keeps pumping money into big chain stores they will never lower the prices. I disagree with the positions paying less for workers around here. You can go look at high paying salary's in certain fields. Find medical fields that is high demands and they actually pay more than big city's do. The reason being is because the majority of people who go to medical school are not from the mountain area's. So you can find some jobs in the medical field that pay more in the mountains than big city's because no-one from big city's want to move here.
yeap

Perryville, KY

#7 Jan 8, 2009
I have to agree The City of Barbourville is just a waste of land space.
ayy

Barbourville, KY

#8 Jan 8, 2009
i dont like it here... i like some of the ppl and this could be made into a good place... but no 1 is really willing to do that... what ever happened to the super-walmart? ppl round here got lazy and said no... they built central high on the high way!!!! a few ppl have died and still no light... and then if that wasn't bad enough they made central elemantary? weird name but ok... and its gonna do the same but its gonna kill little kids and parents... n e ways we need more places to work their isn't enough job openings and then ppl complain when they have a job and others are living off crazy checks or something when they dont need it but really its the only way they can get money because theres no where hiring...so everyone complaining about those ppl just shut up and be glad that u have a job....
Hey ayy

Barbourville, KY

#9 Jan 8, 2009
ayy wrote:
i dont like it here... i like some of the ppl and this could be made into a good place... but no 1 is really willing to do that... what ever happened to the super-walmart? ppl round here got lazy and said no... they built central high on the high way!!!! a few ppl have died and still no light... and then if that wasn't bad enough they made central elemantary? weird name but ok... and its gonna do the same but its gonna kill little kids and parents... n e ways we need more places to work their isn't enough job openings and then ppl complain when they have a job and others are living off crazy checks or something when they dont need it but really its the only way they can get money because theres no where hiring...so everyone complaining about those ppl just shut up and be glad that u have a job....
The people who complain about the ones with the "crazy checks" are complaining for valid reasons. Anyone who is "fortunate" enough to have a job around here pays taxes on that hard earned paycheck. Those taxes are then combined with all the other people who have worked their butts off and had taxes taken out and just handed to these people who CAN work but are just too lazy to do so. It's frustrating and pathetic that these people can work, but won't because they can lie and get a check and sit on their duffs all day at home, not doing ONE productive thing towards society. They're a waste of life. If they're not going to do anything worthwhile, then why have them around? I think the ones that don't actively seek work and don't intend to ever find a job and who receive a check should all be rounded up and locked away from society and have their checks taken away. Why should they get a free ride when the rest of us have to work our fingers down to the bone to support ourselves and our families and to survive? It's not RIGHT and it's not fair. And yes, I know that life's not fair, but you would think that in this instance, ALL of these people getting their checks in this town, that the government would be checking into it. It's not coincidence that so many receive welfare in this town. They didn't all just move here. These are generations, one right after the other, signing up and never trying to lift themselves out of the cycle and so it keeps on going. It's enough to want to refuse to pay taxes!

Since: Oct 08

cannon

#10 Jan 9, 2009
Hey ayy wrote:
<quoted text> The people who complain about the ones with the "crazy checks" are complaining for valid reasons. Anyone who is "fortunate" enough to have a job around here pays taxes on that hard earned paycheck. Those taxes are then combined with all the other people who have worked their butts off and had taxes taken out and just handed to these people who CAN work but are just too lazy to do so. It's frustrating and pathetic that these people can work, but won't because they can lie and get a check and sit on their duffs all day at home, not doing ONE productive thing towards society. They're a waste of life. If they're not going to do anything worthwhile, then why have them around? I think the ones that don't actively seek work and don't intend to ever find a job and who receive a check should all be rounded up and locked away from society and have their checks taken away. Why should they get a free ride when the rest of us have to work our fingers down to the bone to support ourselves and our families and to survive? It's not RIGHT and it's not fair. And yes, I know that life's not fair, but you would think that in this instance, ALL of these people getting their checks in this town, that the government would be checking into it. It's not coincidence that so many receive welfare in this town. They didn't all just move here. These are generations, one right after the other, signing up and never trying to lift themselves out of the cycle and so it keeps on going. It's enough to want to refuse to pay taxes!
That is so so so true. Some of them there is nothing wrong with at all. It's like they are just following a family tradition. There are jobs. If you want them. So what if you have to drive to Corbin or London or whatever. People that live in big cities commute everyday, it's no different. CSC just brought in a new training group. So to whoever said they were cutting hours is wrong. And if they can't find work and have to draw a check, then they should use that money for what it was intended. Not to buy drugs. Which is what a lot of them do. I work and am tired of paying for ppl that can but chose not too. And they are the ones that get all the benefits. Meanwhile I work with a woman who is a single mom, receives no child support and can't afford medical insurance. Yet they tell her that she makes too much to qualify for a medical card or even a spend down card. She happens to be very sick right now and has to have surgery, yet they won't do it unless she can put 500.00 down and be able to pay the rest. She is busting her butt working everyday to try and provide the best that she can for her and her children, and she is screwed. Yet, these check ppl get everything and that is not right. This system is messed up.
Time Saver

Manchester, KY

#11 Jan 9, 2009
CSC is cutting hours my wife works there and some are down to 12 hours a week and some are 32 hours a week only the ones that have a alot of time in on the FBI side are working 40 hours.

Probably not on the immigration side but the FBI side is. My wife was cut from 40 to 32

Since: Oct 08

Flat Lick

#12 Jan 9, 2009
its not just Barbourville... its like that everywhere else... its the same!
Time Saver

Manchester, KY

#13 Jan 9, 2009
brad1god wrote:
its not just Barbourville... its like that everywhere else... its the same!
This is true but there is a lot more options. thats the big kicker.

Since: Oct 08

cannon

#14 Jan 9, 2009
Time Saver wrote:
CSC is cutting hours my wife works there and some are down to 12 hours a week and some are 32 hours a week only the ones that have a alot of time in on the FBI side are working 40 hours.
Probably not on the immigration side but the FBI side is. My wife was cut from 40 to 32
Mu husband is contracted on the immigration side but has been pulled to work on the FBI side too. He gets anywhere from 40 to 60 hrs a week.

Since: Oct 08

Flat Lick

#15 Jan 9, 2009
Lets face the facts that this is life!
It can be worse.. ya know..
What would you do if it is worse than what we see?
Could you bare it!
Remember Jesus is coming, this is the beginning of Sorrow
fo real

London, KY

#16 Jan 9, 2009
Time Saver wrote:
I see a lot of topics on this and that in barbourville so I thought I would save some of you some time and topix a lot of space.
Barbourville is Barbourville and doesn't want you kiddies in it. They don't want nothing for youngsters or anyone to do. They dont need your tax dollars cause they got all the money they need and the market cornered on the rest of it circulating. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Do yourself a favor as soon as you can get the heck outta here do it...I plan to myself. Dont look back just roll on down the road cause this place is what it is and what it will always be. You have no chance at making a living here and no chance at making a fortune. Poop in the toilet and in 50 years its still gonna be poop. Don't expect change in a town that doesnt need you..no decent healthcare, no good mechanics that you can get to do work without waiting 2 weeks for them to have time to look at your vehicle...you cant get anything done here period without 2-3 days off work to do it. Do yourself a favor pack up your kids and get outta here. Give your kids a chance at a future as it will never be nothing here. Been here since 91 and I know this. What they pay you $10 an hour here for you can make $20 an hour anywhere but here.
Lets see we got msc when i left there I was making decent money for here..but, they cant employ the whole town.
Then you got truseal...someone has to die before you got a pipe dream at a job there.
Datatrac is cutting hours...and if obama has his way their wont be any guns to run background checks on. 1/2 of datatrac out the door.
What else you have here? without driving 20-25 miles to a decent job? it is like this and it will always be like this. I recommend smashing pumpkins "Sh!t town" listen to it know it...learn it...it is what it is.
Ya really cant blame the druggies they cant even ride around town no more for the most part, there is nothing here for your kids and your family. Exactly why I am taking the first train the hell outta this place.
sad but true
Time Saver

Somerset, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2009
brad1god wrote:
Lets face the facts that this is life!
It can be worse.. ya know..
What would you do if it is worse than what we see?
Could you bare it!
Remember Jesus is coming, this is the beginning of Sorrow
Well wife was pulling 70 hours a week 2 weeks ago now 32...so now that christmas is over id say all the overtime on fbi side is over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need someone to weedeet an mow 12 min Donna 1
Mike smith 2 hr who 2
ralph smith 2 hr who 11
Lees food mart 3 hr shopper 4
Stacy Keys 4 hr yeppers 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Marie 136,236
Where can you sign WET vote Petition ??? 6 hr Good job guys 10
Teacher arrested 14 hr shopper 5
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]