Everything you wanted to know about Obama Care in Ky.

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
StraightFacts

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 17, 2013
 
Enrollment begins October 1, 2013 and coverage begins January 1, 2014. Kentucky has named their health coverage site "kynect". A lot of people are going to be eligible for free Medicade. Here are some interesting facts about the upcoming coverage:

1. Any single individual, age 18 or over--making less than $15,875.00 per year--will be eligible for Medicade.
2. Any family of four, making less than $32,500.00 per year, will be eligible for Medicade.
3. Any single individual, age 18 or over--making $20,000.00 per year--will be able to buy insurance through "kynect" for $67.00 per month. If you make more than that, such as 35,000. per year, the insurance would be around $200+ per month.
There is much, much more than I can say here. If you would like to learn more, go to the official healthcare website at kynect.ky.gov
Noah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 18, 2013
 
Thanks for the info and link.
Vicki

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 18, 2013
 
Sounds like a lot of people will be covered.
Games

Jasper, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Keep on drinking the cool-aid!

ObamaCare causes reduction in full-time jobs, that means pay check smaller. For those that work, not such a good deal anyway you look at this wonderful deal, guess what with lower income you still may have to pay $90.00 per month.

Oh, guess what the 20 year old is lumped into a pool of 20 yrs to 60 yrs,
that means the young will be paying a higher price under ObamaCare, because it is a BIG POOL & has a lot of old sick farts (myself included).

That means share the price/burden (wealth, CHANGE HAS COME).

If you are a smoker, price goes up 25%, also cost of coverage goes up in CA about 35%, don't know KY increase. Yes, ObamaCare made premiums higher.

Now if you live in a state the did not take the hand out for 1 year from the gov. to raise medicaid, you still will not have health ins.

Happy Days just keep coming under Obama. I like the cherry cool-aid.
Games

Jasper, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Follow up on "Keep on drinking the cool-aid!"

When businesses close because they can't afford Obamacare, people lose more jobs, this means less taxes being paid to the system that provides entitlement programs.

When gov. runs out of money what are you going to do then?

Oh, I know, the progressives will heard you into a community and they will take care of you. Their way will not be as pleasant as it is not.

I really hope none of ever see that day.

That $90.00 is not the total premium, the tax payers will have to pick up the rest.

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You must have a crystal ball, It's real hard to get Health Insurance anywhere for a tobacco user, period!! That Kool-Aid is better with sugar in it!

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's still better for that 47% that would have received nothing, that Mitt wanted to give!
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Games wrote:
Keep on drinking the cool-aid!
ObamaCare causes reduction in full-time jobs, that means pay check smaller. For those that work, not such a good deal anyway you look at this wonderful deal, guess what with lower income you still may have to pay $90.00 per month.
Oh, guess what the 20 year old is lumped into a pool of 20 yrs to 60 yrs,
that means the young will be paying a higher price under ObamaCare, because it is a BIG POOL & has a lot of old sick farts (myself included).
That means share the price/burden (wealth, CHANGE HAS COME).
If you are a smoker, price goes up 25%, also cost of coverage goes up in CA about 35%, don't know KY increase. Yes, ObamaCare made premiums higher.
Now if you live in a state the did not take the hand out for 1 year from the gov. to raise medicaid, you still will not have health ins.
Happy Days just keep coming under Obama. I like the cherry cool-aid.
I would not care to BET, that you have HEALTHCARE!!!
Nessie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 19, 2013
 
I bet most people against this already have health insurance. Harder to oppose this if you haven't been able to afford coverage.
Marvin

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 19, 2013
 
I'm glad to finally be able to get health coverage.
humm

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 19, 2013
 
I went just this week to the ER in which I normally don't go to the dr cause I can't afford it. Reason is one leg was swollen pretty bad. Dr thought blood clot and ordered a ultrasound. I went back next day and was asked for ins I have none they weren't going to do the ultrasound until I went into the credit office and made arrangements. I'm over income limit for their programs. It's scary to think you can't get medical help when you need it.

“Delicate Sound of Thunder”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 19, 2013
 
A Doctor at Manchester Hospital told me it's going to drive out a lot of regular doctor's and bring in more Nurse Practitioner's.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Specialist wrote:
A Doctor at Manchester Hospital told me it's going to drive out a lot of regular doctor's and bring in more Nurse Practitioner's.
That's a common practice anyway.
in beeville

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 19, 2013
 
The Specialist wrote:
A Doctor at Manchester Hospital told me it's going to drive out a lot of regular doctor's and bring in more Nurse Practitioner's.
only here,and if these abnormally addicted patients keep whining at doctors about getting stronger pain meds than they actually need.they cry all over them hoping that they'll all suddenly become Dr.Feelgoods,all there will be left are nurses with limited script power.
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nessie wrote:
I bet most people against this already have health insurance. Harder to oppose this if you haven't been able to afford coverage.
ANY healthcare is better than no healthcare at all...
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 19, 2013
 
The Specialist wrote:
A Doctor at Manchester Hospital told me it's going to drive out a lot of regular doctor's and bring in more Nurse Practitioner's.
MR. SPECIALIST, i bet you have GOOD HEALTHCARE!!!
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 19, 2013
 
humm wrote:
I went just this week to the ER in which I normally don't go to the dr cause I can't afford it. Reason is one leg was swollen pretty bad. Dr thought blood clot and ordered a ultrasound. I went back next day and was asked for ins I have none they weren't going to do the ultrasound until I went into the credit office and made arrangements. I'm over income limit for their programs. It's scary to think you can't get medical help when you need it.
WHAT your problem is, YOU happen to be a POOR AMERICAN!!!
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 19, 2013
 
humm wrote:
I went just this week to the ER in which I normally don't go to the dr cause I can't afford it. Reason is one leg was swollen pretty bad. Dr thought blood clot and ordered a ultrasound. I went back next day and was asked for ins I have none they weren't going to do the ultrasound until I went into the credit office and made arrangements. I'm over income limit for their programs. It's scary to think you can't get medical help when you need it.
OR i should say it is your MISFORTUNE, to be a POOR AMERICAN...
humm

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 19, 2013
 
believer of the truth wrote:
<quoted text>OR i should say it is your MISFORTUNE, to be a POOR AMERICAN...
I thought to myself hummmm if only I had a medical card I'd be put straight through lol No hassle no line no wait... I looked at my husband and said you just have to work don't you? LMBO! He said uh yea you like to eat don't you? Lol lol He's got a point there... I know there are lots of ppl that have Medicaid and needs it and I'm fine with that. But for those that abuse the system well, it's just not right. All I'm saying! For the first time in my life I was like are you serious? No I don't have ins cause hubby's work don't offer it and I can't get a test that I need done? I never go to the dr never. Thank God I'm healthy but when I do need to go I can't get what I need done? Scary thought!!! I really hope that ins is made to where we can afford it!!
believer of the truth

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

humm wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought to myself hummmm if only I had a medical card I'd be put straight through lol No hassle no line no wait... I looked at my husband and said you just have to work don't you? LMBO! He said uh yea you like to eat don't you? Lol lol He's got a point there... I know there are lots of ppl that have Medicaid and needs it and I'm fine with that. But for those that abuse the system well, it's just not right. All I'm saying! For the first time in my life I was like are you serious? No I don't have ins cause hubby's work don't offer it and I can't get a test that I need done? I never go to the dr never. Thank God I'm healthy but when I do need to go I can't get what I need done? Scary thought!!! I really hope that ins is made to where we can afford it!!
I really hope it is AFFORDABLE also!!! IT does seem to be, at least in this COUNTRY anyway, that the WORKING POOR are the MOST EXPENDABLE, and that is a SHAME!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min ChromiuMan 128,468
my message to Amy Mills (black) 20 min noyabiz 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Le Jimbo 145,946
jon h 33 min unknown user 11
Barbourville online and Windstream 1 hr enternet thief 12
camel toes at work (Dec '10) 2 hr pussiefoot 64
Apple Head Chihuahua (Jun '13) 2 hr shelley hull 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••